PDA

View Full Version : Sapphire Shows Radeon Xpress 200 Enthusiast Board @ CeBit

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Grayskull
03-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Here is a list of features and specs of this board. It's aimed squarely at the enthusiast and holds back no punches.

CPU Power Delivery:
-4 phase CPU power supply with the ability to deliver 170+ Amps
-provision for passive, water block or active air cooled mosfets (heatsink form factor is the same as the northbridge)
-voltage range to 2.7V but artificially clamped to 2.0V
-voltage increments as fine as 20 mV

Memory Power Delivery:
-upto 30 Amps delivery potential
-voltage range to 4.0V
-adjustable VTT (memory termination voltage) to +/- 10% of memory VDD

NB Power Delivery:
-NB core has it's own power rail with 4 discrete steps

HT Power Delivery:
- HT I/O has it's own power rail with 4 discrete steps

PCI-E 1.2V Power Delivery:
- PCI-E 1.2V I/O has it's own power rail with 4 discrete steps

PCI-E 1.8V Power Delivery:
- PCI-E 1.8V I/O has it's own power rail with 2 discrete steps

Board Features:

Onboard Devices:
-twin Silicon Image SI3132 SATA II w/ NCQ chips connected via PCI-E, each chip providing 2 SATA ports. (8 SATA ports total; 4 are SATAI and 4 are SATAII w/NCQ)
-Marvel Gigabit LAN connected via PCI-E
-one general purpose single lane PCI-E slot (provisioned for 1 more single lane general purpose slot if one SI3132 is not populated as a build option)
-Azalia audio support via SB450 using Realtek codec
-POST code LED display
-Firewire support with ViaVT6306
-VGA and DVI outputs via Radeon Xpress 200G (enabling upto 4 monitor outputs using an ATI add in card and ATI Surroundview)
-onboard power and reset switches
-onboard VID code LED display

Overclocking Options:
-HTT frequency upto 500 MHz
-All relevant memory timings and adjustments including support for new Rev E CPUs
-HT link ratios X1, X2, X3, X4,X5
-Independent PCI-E overclocking for the graphics bus

Thermal Monitoring:
-thermal monitoring of CPU power delivery circuitry, CPU, NB and ambient

That's all I can remember for now.

Here are some pictures of the motherboard and the custom Danger Den waterblocks that will be made available for sale specifically for this application.

bachus_anonym
03-10-2005, 06:59 PM
WOW! seems that not only DFI wants to tickle OC community :thumbsup:

2v and 4v... where should I sign ? :lol:

any dates on retail sightings of that baby ?

cadaveca
03-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Add me to the list...fits my next build quite nicely, i think. About $400US with the blocks?

jjcom
03-10-2005, 07:07 PM
yeah, I think I've found my next motherboard. :D Just have to wait until this summer when I can work again. But lets see how things turn out first. Very nice board :up:

jjcom

dippyskoodlez
03-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Welp.. found my next mobo. :D

I'd still love to see a clear PCB mobo....

Waterblocks too? Wow.. that ROCKS. :slobber:

OMG OMG OMG I WANT! :toast:

lol! :slobber: You'll be gettin a lot of drool's in this thread.

Dissolved
03-10-2005, 07:10 PM
this is the best looking mobo ive ever seen!

Awesome work ATI!

Ackbar
03-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Why are there two waterblocks (+1 on the CPU) on the board and just a heatsink on what appears to be the chipset?

Looks awesome btw! Does it have onboard video??? And what's the onboard audio it has?

Any ETA?

Frost_Bite
03-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Any news or dates for when we will be able to buy it in the states? I've got money in hand, just tell me where to send a check or payment :D

zoom314
Here is a list of features and specs of this board. It's aimed squarely at the enthusiast and holds back no punches.

CPU Power Delivery:
-4 phase CPU power supply with the ability to deliver 170+ Amps
-provision for passive, water block or active air cooled mosfets (heatsink form factor is the same as the northbridge)
-voltage range to 2.7V but artificially clamped to 2.0V

Memory Power Delivery:
-upto 30 Amps delivery potential
-voltage range to 4.0V
-adjustable VTT (memory termination voltage) to +/- 10% of memory VDD

NB Power Delivery:
-NB core has it's own power rail with 4 discrete steps

HT Power Delivery:
- HT I/O has it's own power rail with 4 discrete steps

PCI-E 1.2V Power Delivery:
- PCI-E 1.2V I/O has it's own power rail with 4 discrete steps

PCI-E 1.8V Power Delivery:
- PCI-E 1.8V I/O has it's own power rail with 2 discrete steps

Board Features:

Onboard Devices:
-twin Silicon Image SI3132 SATA II w/ NCQ chips connected via PCI-E, each chip providing 2 SATA ports. (8 SATA ports total; 4 are SATAI and 4 are SATAII w/NCQ)
-Marvel Gigabit LAN connected via PCI-E
-one general purpose single lane PCI-E slot (provisioned for 1 more single lane general purpose slot if one SI3132 is not populated as a build option)
-Azalia audio support via SB450 using Realtek codec
-POST code LED display
-Firewire support with ViaVT6306
-VGA and DVI outputs via Radeon Xpress 200G (enabling upto 4 monitor outputs using an ATI add in card and ATI Surroundview)
-onboard power and reset switches
-onboard VID code LED display

Overclocking Options:
-HTT frequency upto 500 MHz
-All relevant memory timings and adjustments including support for new Rev E CPUs
-HT link ratios X1, X2, X3, X4,X5
-Independent PCI-E overclocking for the graphics bus

Thermal Monitoring:
-thermal monitoring of CPU power delivery circuitry, CPU, NB and ambient

That's all I can remember for now.

Here are some pictures of the motherboard and the custom Danger Den waterblocks that will be made available for sale specifically for this application.

Even though I like Its features, The White coloring with Red slots looks ugly to Me, I like the Red as I'm partial to red, But a red/black motherboard would have looked better to Me. So If Sapphire is going to try and sell the motherboard in that color combo then I'll just have to decline, As even purple and black looks better... :shakes: :shakes:

cadaveca
1 northbridge(above 16x pci-e) block, 1 mosfet block, 1 CPU block, southbridge passively cooled. The red and white are ATI's colours, and also the colours of the Canadian flag. Maybe trying to put Canada on the computing map much larger than it is is what was intended with the colour scheme.

mdzcpa
03-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Wow, that's a gorgeous mobo :slobber:

Hmmm...maybe time to part out some Ultras and come home to ATI:)

bachus_anonym
03-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Why are there two waterblocks (+1 on the CPU) on the board and just a heatsink on what appears to be the chipset?

Looks awesome btw! Does it have onboard video??? And what's the onboard audio it has?

Any ETA?
that waterblock to the right from CPU is covering actual NB...

dippyskoodlez
03-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Do I see two bios slots?

http://img144.exs.cx/img144/9787/biosslots9ma.jpg

Edit: whoa.. theres a THIRD.. what.. ARE those? :stick:

sandman
03-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Where can I get one? and what's it gonna retail at?

Sentential
Holy crap... I hope they make an LGA board like that

Ackbar
that waterblock to the right from CPU is covering actual NB...

So the right one is the NB and the bottom one (next to the back panel) is for... onboard graphics? The chip with the heatsink is what?

bachus_anonym
03-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Do I see two bios slots?
how about 3 sockets ??? there's one more near the edge, on the right :)

makes me wonder what are those needed for ...

dippyskoodlez
So the right one is the NB and the bottom one (next to the back panel) is for... onboard graphics? The chip with the heatsink is what?

one waterblock is mosfets. one is northbridge (video included) and the reg heatsink is southbridge.

mcnbns
:banana:! If they keep all those features for the production board I might have to skip the Ultra-D and go with this sucker.

Any word on when it is to be released, Grayskull?

Poki
03-10-2005, 07:26 PM
*Tripping over my jaw* Able to deliever 170+ amps to the CPU @2.0v? That's 240 watts draw... That's pretty freakin' extreme IMO! Looks pretty good overall, just need to iron out your AMR solution and i'm sold.

P_1
03-10-2005, 07:27 PM
also water cooling for the mosfets(circled in yellow) :slobber: :banana: :banana:

bachus_anonym
03-10-2005, 07:34 PM
One more thing...

Is it just me or it XP-120 might not fit on it ??? MOunting hole is pretty close to the upper edge... XP-120 MIGHT be hard to fit in there...

dippyskoodlez
03-10-2005, 07:35 PM
One more thing...

Is it just me or it XP-120 might not fit on it ??? MOunting hole is pretty close to the upper edge... XP-120 MIGHT be hard to fit in there...

Oh just get the waterblocks :p:

isp
03-10-2005, 07:38 PM
That's some pretty classy stuff...custom DD blocks and all...
ETA? :slobber:

Ackbar
03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
That's some pretty classy stuff...custom DD blocks and all...
ETA? :slobber:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=749799#post749799

Not in two weeks apparently... :D

SPQQKY
03-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Hey, they stole my white PCB idea.....LOL. Boards sounds great, looks great. Time will tell.

zoom314
03-10-2005, 07:46 PM
1 northbridge(above 16x pci-e) block, 1 mosfet block, 1 CPU block, southbridge passively cooled. The red and white are ATI's colours, and also the colours of the Canadian flag. Maybe trying to put Canada on the computing map much larger than it is is what was intended with the colour scheme.

Well as much as Canada is a nice place to visit in the summer, The Red does clash with the White of the motherboard. Now If the motherboard were Red and the parts that are red were White then It would be just fine. Otherwise It looks like part of a Polar Bears fur with some Blood on It. Of course putting It in a Non windowed case would compensate for Its looks too.

jjcom
Do I see two bios slots?

http://img144.exs.cx/img144/9787/biosslots9ma.jpg

Edit: whoa.. theres a THIRD.. what.. ARE those? :stick:

yeah, thats a feature I've always liked about those giga boards, a second BIOS chip. But three...whoa! Could be nice, for those who like to try out new BIOS'es. That way you've got your stock, your modded, and your whatever BIOS ready to go :D but who knows (other than ATI) if those are all for BIOS chips.

jjcom

eva2000
wow nice.. only seen MSI branded Xpress200 here in OZ http://www.pcmarket.com.au/2805_MSI_RS480M2_ATi_Radeon_XPRESS_200_Socket_939_ AMD64_.php

http://www.digital-daily.com/motherboard/ati-xpress-200p/index02.htm

zoom314
03-10-2005, 07:49 PM
wow nice.. only seen MSI branded Xpress200 here in OZ http://www.pcmarket.com.au/2805_MSI_RS480M2_ATi_Radeon_XPRESS_200_Socket_939_ AMD64_.php

It has the buggy SB400 south bridge.

jjcom
03-10-2005, 07:52 PM
yeah, that board isn't directed at us either :) It seems more like a motherboard for your mom who can't use computers very well. Basic board.

jjcom

eva2000
03-10-2005, 07:54 PM
will sapphire Xpress 200 allow SPD'd PC2700 modules to run at DDR400 and higher ?

i.e. BH-6 ram mostly SPD PC2700 on some boards like MSI K8N Neo2 will force DDR333 divider and ignore DDR400 set option in bios

Dillusion
03-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Anyone know (grayskull) if any mATX baords like this will be released? Even WB-less , any enthusiast mATX?

The Mofo
03-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Looks like Danger Den is the one building the blocks. Copper bottoms. Check out the barbs fitted on the block.. Noticed their chromed and O-ring'd?

|3ourne
03-10-2005, 07:59 PM
ohh emmm geee
that board looks soooooooooo perty !!!
that board + x850xt = P**P !!!!

sinsinking
03-10-2005, 08:00 PM
IT'S TOTALLY COOL.
But the problem is oc availability on the board and support.
100% cOoL

STEvil
03-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Impressive looking, I might just have to look at getting one ;)

deception``
03-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Not a bad looking board indeed. Now just for some bios shots and I might be more impressed.

deception``

situman
03-10-2005, 08:15 PM
chipset blocks and mosfet blocks is a keeper, but i got my storm g4 and g5 coming to kick some serious ass.

Ackbar
03-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Looks like Danger Den is the one building the blocks. Copper bottoms. Check out the barbs fitted on the block.. Noticed their chromed and O-ring'd?

To The Mofo: Thanks for joining the rest of us :D

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

IvanAndreevich
03-10-2005, 08:31 PM
This is insane.. this impresses me more than the DFI.

I think some of those bios chip sockets are for SATA chip bioses. I hope one is "dual-bios" style, though.

Nubius
03-10-2005, 08:34 PM
I'll wait until I see actual performance shots of it. These days there's a lot of glamour and little performance. The ABit Fatal1ty board I hear isn't as good as it's cracked up to be considering it's specifically going towards gamers and OC'ers....mainly meaning it's performance doesn't justify the increase in price.

Not particularly fond of that ATI's boards colorscheme either, but that wouldn't matter assuming it proved to be a really good board.

As I said though, I'll wait to see some performance reviews of it before claiming "I found my next board"

haPpydUde
03-10-2005, 08:39 PM
That thing looks sweet give me :slobber: .

I(illa Bee
03-10-2005, 08:40 PM
hmm, i like the colors...i think is they did it oppisite...red mobo, and white parts...it would look liek legos...

kinda allready dose...

The specs are like giving the overclcoking community the power of god...im scared.....

tictac
03-10-2005, 08:41 PM
The board use ITE voltage monitoring chip
Audio codec looks like realteak codec there

I(illa Bee
03-10-2005, 08:42 PM

the logo on the blocks kinda gives it away too ya know

Dissolved
03-10-2005, 08:50 PM

its allready been said dden made them in another ati thread :toast:

=[PULSAR]=
03-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Are we really going to be benefiting from watercooled mosfets?

haPpydUde
03-10-2005, 09:00 PM
=']Are we really going to be benefiting from watercooled mosfets?

Over conventinal sinks i think not, but they don't look as cool :toast: . Tho it does say 2.7volts vcore is availbe just disabled in the bios. So on the other hand mabye

drcrawn
03-10-2005, 09:10 PM
This thing is from like bizzaro world or something. ATI has dropped a bomb. :worship:

Nanobot
03-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Simply awesome ! :slobber:
Why do I suddenly feel the urge to sing the Canadian national anthem ? :D

I'm a little worried tho overclocking and onboard graphics chipsets usually don't mix well.

Grayskull do you know if the optional DD waterblock's fittings are 3/8" or 1/2" ?

conrad.maranan
03-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Add me to the list of passengers hopping on the Sapphire Radeon Xpress 200 bandwagon. :D I hope it's a smooth ride.

quicksilverXP
03-10-2005, 09:33 PM
I hope it's 3/" blocks... 1/2" is too big and ugly.

Cathar
03-10-2005, 09:45 PM
I'll take the board, but they can keep all the blocks. :p: ;)

Revv23
03-10-2005, 09:53 PM
DF who?

anyways, give one of these to opp and let him show us what its capable of like he did with the NF4 when the DFI first came out. ;)

IvanAndreevich
03-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Don't compare it to the silly Fatality mobo's.. can't you tell the difference? ;)

Nubius
03-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Don't compare it to the silly Fatality mobo's.. can't you tell the difference? lol yeah, i'm not comparing it in the literal sense because we have yet to see what this board does in terms of performance. I'm just merely pointing out the fact that lately there seems to be a trend of making things LOOK cool without proving any more beneficial :D

IvanAndreevich
03-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Nubius
I don't know about you, but I get the impression that this board has the feature set for xtreem o/c'ing like the DFI and more.

I.e. look @ the RAM power supply system. That is the most impressive one I've ever seen by far. The 4-phase CPU power system also looks quite good on the PCB ;)

The only thing lacking is Dual PCI-E 8x or 16x ports for SLI :stick:

cadaveca
03-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Ok, I've waited long enough. Where is mine? On sale tomorrow?

No SLi, but enough room that the x850 can fit and you can still use all the slots...they listened. A OEM listened. Can you believe that? Fatality boards suck...cheap components. All the "goodies" should be ripped off and replaced with better parts. They even use cheap fans. But ATI has gone full circle, said "screw aircooling...It's not good enough for this board!"

Wonder if there is a pack of nozzles included?

Revv23
03-10-2005, 10:28 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26368

omg that pcb looks good

conrad.maranan
03-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Dude. No :banana::banana::banana::banana:os allowed. :p:

trakslacker
03-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Grayskull, I just want to say thank you. It is evident that a lot of the critical things that we listed in the ATI support section "what do you want in a mobo" thread were realized in this board. Many of these things could be dreamed up based on existing boards, however the one thing that found support in that thread specifically was SPQQKY's idea of a pure white mobo. I highly doubt that Sapphire just happened to dream this up on their own at the same time it was though of here, especially considering it has never been done before. This shows me that ATI is taking the opinions of its Xtreme users very seriously, which rocks. The mobo color is only a very minor detail, and even so, we got what we wanted, and it looks incredible. The execution and overall look of that board is gorgeous.

You can DEFINITELY add me to the ATI mobo bandwagon(assuming the performance is there ;) ).

Rock on ATI and Sapphire!

S0nic
03-10-2005, 10:42 PM
this mobo looks great but am I the only one who prefers the DFI's layout?

mrlobber
03-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Man, really tough time ahead to figure out how to keep my DFI's and get this one too :D

Revv23
03-10-2005, 10:53 PM
i just hope this thing is cheap enough and well performing anough to sell, id hate to see all of ati's evident hard work and user feedback end up for nothing.

thebluesgnr
03-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Fatality boards suck...cheap components. All the "goodies" should be ripped off and replaced with better parts.

Cheap components on the Fatal1ty? The AN8 is the only socket 939 board *available* with a 4-phase power circuit (that I know of anyway :D).

On-topic:
"Sapphire was prominently at TXGF as a manufacturer and distributor of ATI video cards, and as the manufacturer of the first AMD Radeon Xpress 200 motherboard, distributed under the Sapphire TUL brand. You will have a hard time finding TUL motherboards in the US, but we are told that they will be widely available in Asia and Europe. "

I thought TUL was Powercolor, didn't think Sapphire was involved too.
http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2373&p=5

perkam
03-10-2005, 10:59 PM
-voltage.... :rolleyes:

-voltage range..... :confused:

-voltage range to...... :eek: ??

-voltage range to 4.0V...... :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: ......

2fink
03-10-2005, 11:04 PM
wow, really like this board... :slobber:
to bad i dont have a normal atx-tower... only barebones :D

MaxxxRacer
03-10-2005, 11:09 PM
wow that is an amazing board.. ati has sold me... when i get a pcie board it will be powered by ati

setyotomo
03-10-2005, 11:43 PM
maybe the 3rd "bios" slot (right - below -) for SI3132 SATA II ?

:drool:

i agree in earlier post, that said it shoud be inverse color of this one... (board red - everything else is white)

cool... :toast:

charlie
03-10-2005, 11:51 PM
so far........so REALLY good.

cupra
03-10-2005, 11:59 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26368

omg that pcb looks good

definitely :slobber:

cadaveca
03-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Sapphire=US, POWERCOLOR=UK, TUL=EAST ASIA?

Cheap components on the Fatal1ty? The AN8 is the only socket 939 board *available* with a 4-phase power circuit (that I know of anyway ).

I was refering to the OTES "Solutions". Seems they concenrtrated on looks instead of options on that one. The Fatality offers some things better than others, but this ATI board takes the cake. Best of them all, all rolled into one, or so it would appear.

Nubius
03-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Nubius
I don't know about you, but I get the impression that this board has the feature set for xtreem o/c'ing like the DFI and more.
Yeah I understand that dude...the fact still remains that just because it's made for something doesn't mean it'll live up to it's reputation. I'll wait until I see reviews and how well it can perform before I make an actual judgement call on it.

Seems they concenrtrated on looks instead of options on that one. That's what I'm worried of with most of this 'OCers boards' these days...all looks no glory. I'm not saying the board sucks, I'm just saying I don't know if I'd say "YEAH GIVE ME ONE!" quite yet.

perry_78
03-11-2005, 12:43 AM
DF WHO! I usually try to limit my use of acronyms, but this? OMFG!This is very nice!

If the price tag is unde $500 and custom waterblocks are included, ATI has a new customer rolling. I like Europe don't you? :D

tictac
03-11-2005, 01:50 AM
go go ... PC ICE :worship:

you got a copy of that board right? :hehe:

rzonealley
03-11-2005, 02:00 AM
this will be a total round up against DFI n Fatality.
but the onboard wc really cool.

gundamit
03-11-2005, 02:04 AM
If the price tag is unde $500 and custom waterblocks are included, ATI has a new customer rolling. I hope you mean under $500 canadian. I'm guessing the waterblocks are for the show only and the low numbers of enthusiasts willing to shell out that kind of money on any mother board, will preclude the possibility of mass producing a waterblocked version of this motherboard.

I'll be statisfied as long as they keep the mounting holes for the mosfets. It'll give OC'ers more choices with regard to how they cool their mosfets. For that reason alone this board has piqued my interest. The fact they picked a spot on the mobo for the northbridge that doesn't get in the way of the video card is a bonus. Now if they throw up some huge stock performance and OC numbers, I'll put in a pre-order. :)

killingspreez
03-11-2005, 02:12 AM
hm sweet
i think i'll visit the cebit this weekend by train.
cuz i HAVE to see this board damn......i could ask them few things....

mfg

naelq
03-11-2005, 02:12 AM
this is the best looking mobo ive ever seen!

Awesome work ATI!

TRUE! :toast:
it's sexier than the Fatal1ty :banana: :D

tictac
03-11-2005, 02:27 AM
finally Fatal1ty got some competition... :hehe:

Rabbi_NZ
03-11-2005, 02:27 AM
subscribed

Hombre
03-11-2005, 02:35 AM
Outstanding board and layout!

StellaArtois
03-11-2005, 02:40 AM
just need to iron out your AMR solution and i'm sold.

Likewise... :slobber:

aCidbAbY
03-11-2005, 02:51 AM
:::subscribed:::

Slimmie
03-11-2005, 02:51 AM
Very nice board indeed, and those waterblocks are wonderfull. My next board!

sobol
03-11-2005, 03:32 AM
Someone was bla bla about mobo colors. For me they are kewl , rare and impressive , and read + white is color of ATI logo so kewl.
Im wondering what switches/settings for memory timings that mobo will have.

reject
03-11-2005, 03:37 AM
thanks a lot grayskull for listening to us. especially my request for the gfx slot to be right up top so the pci slots are usable :D
the bios slots are better than giabytes cause u cant remove gigabyte ones, kind of defeats purpose :rolleyes:
and the wcing mosfets is a very good idea, anyone living in somewhere hot will know, those mofos can get hotter than ur cpu heatsink

also would be cool for those with phasechange if the cpu block could be transformed to fit on ur new x800xl!

FallenAngel
03-11-2005, 03:38 AM
Awesome, and thanks grayskull for taking us in consideration, I already bought the DFI mb, but perhaps who knows I will have 2 s939 mb's :hehe:

GIGAFAN
03-11-2005, 03:59 AM
Guys my eyes roled down on the floor :YIPPIE: all i can see is this mobo :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :toast:

mcnbns
03-11-2005, 04:15 AM
this will be a total round up against DFI n Fatality.
but the onboard wc really cool.
I would have to guess that the water blocks will be a cool but expensive option. I think Fatal1ty is out of this round, for sure. I'm not even sure DFI can trump this sucker.

dippyskoodlez
03-11-2005, 04:23 AM
the bios slots are better than giabytes cause u cant remove gigabyte ones, kind of defeats purpose :rolleyes:

Why would you need to remove them? If you mis-flash one, you switch over to the working, like a bios savior... its probably better you dont remove them. keeps people like me from breaking em.
:p:

(or loosing them)

Chevelle
03-11-2005, 04:40 AM
:slobber: :slobber:

WOW !!!

That will be one awesome mb :toast:

MrQ3W
03-11-2005, 04:59 AM
Looks pretty sweet, especially the power delivery.
How good is that Realtek codec on it, better than nF3/4?
Board looks unique that's for sure..especially the backside looks very good. Me want. :toast:

G0DZILLA
03-11-2005, 05:03 AM
Well it certainly looks impressive, love the colour setup, lets hope it performs as good as it looks.

neokenzo
03-11-2005, 05:13 AM
I'm definitely getting this board on my next upgrade. Thanks for the info Grayskull :)

Magnj
03-11-2005, 05:19 AM
ME likey. I guess I'll have to build another computer in the summer.

Highland3r
03-11-2005, 05:25 AM
:O nice! Was hoping this neo2 would last for a while, but it seems another purchase is on the horizon :|

reject
03-11-2005, 05:41 AM
Why would you need to remove them? If you mis-flash one, you switch over to the working, like a bios savior... its probably better you dont remove them. keeps people like me from breaking em.
:p:

(or loosing them)
some people had both those chips get corrupt, and then has to rma board. hotflashing seems like a much better solution, but maybe thats just me.
with 3 chips u can hotflash 1, and still have a 3rd for backup!

killzone
03-11-2005, 06:06 AM
ditch the onboard video and ill take one

situman
03-11-2005, 06:07 AM
Abit might go bankrupt, DFI's are fragile, hope ATI and Sapphire can deliver a great board. Im itching to upgrade, but dying DFIs are not my cup of tea. Now if the Fatality offers better ram voltages, I might just take a risk on a sinking company. Come on ATI, I have a x800xl in my sights too.

Skip
03-11-2005, 06:16 AM
sweet specs, and really innovative looking board!

Rippthrough
03-11-2005, 06:23 AM
I really wasn't going to upgrade to A64 for a good few months, but...
You've sold one board here already. 4-phase power should go nicely with an 0448 SPAW.
Sign me up for the first one in the UK.

boostdfd3s
03-11-2005, 07:01 AM
Looks good, now my decision to go DFI has been altered...def have to wait for some testing and benchmark scores though. The board looks kind of candy cane-ish, but i could live with it for a nice stable OC. Any chance of a model with no onboard video?

Skip
03-11-2005, 07:23 AM
i wish it was more of like a blasted white, like white-blasted (sandblasted), so there would be like specs of red. thats what i thought it was when i first looked, but upon further inspection it just looks more or less white.

deception``
03-11-2005, 07:28 AM
I would have to guess that the water blocks will be a cool but expensive option. I think Fatal1ty is out of this round, for sure. I'm not even sure DFI can trump this sucker.

Don't be so quick to assume. I think that we can all agree that the board looks great, but we have yet to see any real results from this product.

deception``

MJRL
03-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Grayskull- will all the boards have the voltages you said or will be a special board for overclockers?
Has i said in the other post the sample i made a review only have 1,45 v-core, and no volts for the ram.
If the retail boards will have more options i will make a correction in my review.
http://www.oc-zone.com/files/reviews/tul200p/bios3.jpg

situman
03-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Don't be so quick to assume. I think that we can all agree that the board looks great, but we have yet to see any real results from this product.

deception``

True we should not jump to conclusions. Remember whats happening with DFIs? There are stickies on how to set up the ultimate DFI NF4 WAAAAAAY before the board showed up. Nothing against DFI. I still hope they resolve their quality issues so there will be some nice competition between the two boards.

3FFeX
03-11-2005, 08:24 AM
looks like im selling my Ultra-d if this board runs as good as it looks

G0DZILLA
03-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Aye

WiCKeD
03-11-2005, 09:15 AM
One question: Did God make this board? :slobber:

Seriously though, when will these be available?

Can I get something at least half as cool in mATX form factor? :worship: I know I am in the minority, but... (please?)

Grayskull, I just want to say thank you. It is evident that a lot of the critical things that we listed in the ATI support section "what do you want in a mobo" thread were realized in this board. Many of these things could be dreamed up based on existing boards, however the one thing that found support in that thread specifically was SPQQKY's idea of a pure white mobo. I highly doubt that Sapphire just happened to dream this up on their own at the same time it was though of here, especially considering it has never been done before. This shows me that ATI is taking the opinions of its Xtreme users very seriously, which rocks. The mobo color is only a very minor detail, and even so, we got what we wanted, and it looks incredible. The execution and overall look of that board is gorgeous.

You can DEFINITELY add me to the ATI mobo bandwagon(assuming the performance is there ;) ).

Rock on ATI and Sapphire!No joke! :up: That color scheme is cherry. :D

Has i said in the other post the sample i made a review only have 1,45 v-core, and no volts for the ram.That's a Tul board and looks totally different. Sapphire may make both brands, but it looks like that is the reason they are distinguishing the brands. "Tul", rhymes with "dull" and is probably going to be aimed more at OEMs.

flutie98
03-11-2005, 09:59 AM
*changes pants* :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

i found my next mobo

black rose
03-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Here comes that damn upgrade itch again... man that looks very nice. Hope it performs well. :toast:

deception``
03-11-2005, 10:51 AM
True we should not jump to conclusions. Remember whats happening with DFIs? There are stickies on how to set up the ultimate DFI NF4 WAAAAAAY before the board showed up. Nothing against DFI. I still hope they resolve their quality issues so there will be some nice competition between the two boards.

If this is a jab at my thread (which simply aimed to be a guide for individuals as they piece together a system), then you are getting off the mark. And as far as DFI: they have fewer quality issues than one might think. Yes, there are a number of enthusiasts that have run into problems, but this is not representative of the majority. On the contrary; you'll find that, with most things, individuals are more vocal about a product when they are disastisfied more than anything. So you basing your opinions on the negative threads amongst the forums only provides you with a one-sided (albeit very audible) opinion.

Believe it or not, there are many individuals that are satisfied with their DFI NF4 motherboards. Hell, even the MSI boards have been known to die occassionally, but they still remain a very successful product.

I never said that ATI/Sapphire could never release a desirable product. Rather, I simply stated that more information is needed to draw any sort of conclusions. At least with the DFI NF4 boards people had other products from DFI (such as the NF3 UT, LP B Ultra B, and Intel DFI boards) that they could use as proof of their committment to the enthusiast.

deception``

Rudzer
03-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Looks good (except for the colour scheme), but considering the last launches from ATI, it will be A LONG LONG LONG time before this is available...

quicksilverXP
03-11-2005, 11:19 AM
I think by the time this comes out, it will be too late... announcements for new chipsets based on the next generation DDR (DD2 or DDR3) will occurr and will be available within the year... that's my prediction (assuming it comes out by next fall in mass retail or something...

zoom314
03-11-2005, 11:30 AM
I think by the time this comes out, it will be too late... announcements for new chipsets based on the next generation DDR (DD2 or DDR3) will occur and will be available within the year... that's my prediction (assuming it comes out by next fall in mass retail or something...

Bah, Only If Your an Intel user, AMD won't be supporting DDR2 until It has a New memory controller for It's cpus and that will mean a new cpu socket. It may happen in 2006, But no earlier as DDR is not even as fast as the current AMD A64/FX/Opteron memory controllers that are available so far. K8s rule and Intel can't help but be frightened by these chips and their superior technology as they are getting to be better and better as time goes on. Resistance is futile Micronians. :) :D

btomasie
03-11-2005, 11:38 AM
As numerous othes have already asked.... WHEN will this mobo be available to the public!!?? Anandtech had their "review" of the sample board the first week on November...that was over 4 months ago.

Also, I don't think in a million years that motherboard will come out with the white/red color scheme nor do I think the 6"x8" gaudy ATi logo will be on the back of it either. This was probably just a one-off done for shows, much like GM and Ford do with some of their vehicles.

As long as the specs are there, and we can get one without integrated video, there are going to be a LOT of used DFI nF4 Ultra's on Ebay in a couple of months!!! :D

Brian

mdzcpa
03-11-2005, 11:55 AM
LOL...I change mobos about as frequently as a change my underwear. And I am loyal to no brand. If this ATI mobo works great, I'll use it. If not, I won't.

As far as someone mentioning Abit's financial health and DFI's being "fragile" that's just bunk. Abit chose not to report some financial information and received a regulatory notice and some idiot at the Inquirer interpretted the story wrong. Abit just came of one of thier best years financially. Not to mention that they do a ton of white box stuff that people never talk about.

As far as DFI, for every problem report there are a dozen happy users. The trouble reports are high because practically everyone is running one.

As far as I see it, the battle will be between DFI and ATI on this one. Abit, although I have no concern about them financially, I do thnk they have slipped. They have resorted to plastic gimmicks for the kiddies instead of true enthusiast features. The DFI NF4 is currently the cutting edge in terms of voltage options and the ability to handle heavy duty OCing. This new ATI mobo could be a great challenger.

That said, I'll reserve my final judgement when I put one through its paces with my own two hands.

Orange
03-11-2005, 12:09 PM
red&white mobo ..... hmmm..... should I palce it in my kitchen? :p:
I hope ATI stick to their specs and the final product will be the best OCing board which will make all of us very happy. :)

isp
03-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Red/Black would of been sexier imo. Not something I really care about though.

mcnbns
03-11-2005, 12:32 PM
ditch the onboard video and ill take one
There is no onboard video. ATi makes two verisions of their chipset (at least) and only one has integrated video.

kappa2001
03-11-2005, 12:32 PM
That board is beautiful :banana4:

clockedOut
03-11-2005, 12:55 PM
There is no onboard video. ATi makes two verisions of their chipset (at least) and only one has integrated video.

Go back and look at the pics.... that board has ONBOARD video.

2 versions maybe, we will have to wait and see..... but this one shows video on board.

Caper
03-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Komplett here in Sweden has listed 2 Sapphire mobo´s based on ATI Xpress 200.
One with onboard video and one without.
The one with onboard video seems to be released pretty soon, within 14 day´s.
The one without onboard video are expected 1 May.

Note that ETA are Kompletts and can be changed but it seems they are not that far away :)

Bloody_Sorcerer
03-11-2005, 01:08 PM
*wipes chin* *puts on fresh clothes*
well, now that i finished that...
HOLY CRAP!!!
I personally like the color scheme; its like the DFI schemes in that its bold (except this is bolder; i've never even seen white PCB)

situman
03-11-2005, 01:09 PM
If this is a jab at my thread (which simply aimed to be a guide for individuals as they piece together a system), then you are getting off the mark. And as far as DFI: they have fewer quality issues than one might think. Yes, there are a number of enthusiasts that have run into problems, but this is not representative of the majority. On the contrary; you'll find that, with most things, individuals are more vocal about a product when they are disastisfied more than anything. So you basing your opinions on the negative threads amongst the forums only provides you with a one-sided (albeit very audible) opinion.

Believe it or not, there are many individuals that are satisfied with their DFI NF4 motherboards. Hell, even the MSI boards have been known to die occassionally, but they still remain a very successful product.

I never said that ATI/Sapphire could never release a desirable product. Rather, I simply stated that more information is needed to draw any sort of conclusions. At least with the DFI NF4 boards people had other products from DFI (such as the NF3 UT, LP B Ultra B, and Intel DFI boards) that they could use as proof of their committment to the enthusiast.

deception``

lol

conrad.maranan
03-11-2005, 01:11 PM
I wouldn't mind having onboard video. It can come in handy if you kill a card and don't have immediate access to another one.

situman
03-11-2005, 01:14 PM
LOL...I change mobos about as frequently as a change my underwear. And I am loyal to no brand. If this ATI mobo works great, I'll use it. If not, I won't.

As far as someone mentioning Abit's financial health and DFI's being "fragile" that's just bunk. Abit chose not to report some financial information and received a regulatory notice and some idiot at the Inquirer interpretted the story wrong. Abit just came of one of thier best years financially. Not to mention that they do a ton of white box stuff that people never talk about.

As far as DFI, for every problem report there are a dozen happy users. The trouble reports are high because practically everyone is running one.

As far as I see it, the battle will be between DFI and ATI on this one. Abit, although I have no concern about them financially, I do thnk they have slipped. They have resorted to plastic gimmicks for the kiddies instead of true enthusiast features. The DFI NF4 is currently the cutting edge in terms of voltage options and the ability to handle heavy duty OCing. This new ATI mobo could be a great challenger.

That said, I'll reserve my final judgement when I put one through its paces with my own two hands.

I really dont know much about Abits financial information, so I won't comment on it anymore. Abit is resorting to plasticky tricks, ram cant possibly that get hot with only 2.8v :rolleyes: Abit has become the Toyota of motherboards: high quality, high content, low risk products. I'm very anxious to see the new ATI boards in action, especially when it comes out with its own "SLI." Nvidia vs ATI, VIA = bye bye.

zoom314
03-11-2005, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't mind having onboard video. It can come in handy if you kill a card and don't have immediate access to another one.

Yeah that's true, It also makes It easier for someone to upgrade from a slower cpu platform, Like an XP-M.

Bloody_Sorcerer
03-11-2005, 01:15 PM
yeah i've done that a couple times... i crushed my 9600 a while back with a a XP 2200+ heatsink and was forced to use some wretched PCI video card for a few weeks...

mcnbns
03-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Whoops, I can't read. I guess it does have onboard video. :)

If it's cheaper for the one without onboard vid, that's what I'll get.

LowRun
03-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Komplett here in Sweden has listed 2 Sapphire mobo´s based on ATI Xpress 200.
One with onboard video and one without.
The one with onboard video seems to be released pretty soon, within 14 day´s.
The one without onboard video are expected 1 May.

Note that ETA are Kompletts and can be changed but it seems they are not that far away :)

Woawww, if the boards are really the ones we hope they are, then the price is incredible :eek:

Only a MSI K8T NEO2 FIR is cheaper, otherwise, the two Sapphire are the cheapest of all 939 boards.

Smells like :banana4:

edit:

link added: http://www.komplett.se/k/kl.asp?bn=10482

Caper
03-11-2005, 02:14 PM
That´s what confusing me...can they be this cheap??
If they are... :banana:
Proper link:
http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.asp?sku=307851&cks=PRL

$ 126

Zebbo
03-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Incredibly beautiful board, but how do those blocks perform? I guess those blocks costs half of the board's price, just because they look cool. IMHO too early to do judgement yet :)

LowRun
03-11-2005, 02:16 PM
That´s what confusing me...can they be this cheap??
Not that I do mind :)

I'm having a hard time believing it but i'd like for sure.

babalouj
03-11-2005, 02:17 PM
wow, if they are gonna be that cheap, sign me up for two!

LowRun
03-11-2005, 02:26 PM
wow, if they are gonna be that cheap, sign me up for two!

Waiting for two gigs of TCCD, i was scaring myself thinking the same and feelin' a little crazy for that.

That's what XS is cool for, so many peeps as crazy as i am or MUCH MUCH more that i can feel normal :hehe:

Stewie007
03-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Man, I'm thinking of selling my MSI Neo 4 for this one :p. 3 water blocks? I'll use two with a regular water cooling setup, and put my chiller on the third block. Course I might swap it with a block that would be less likely to crack at sub zero.

Anyways, it looks to me like ATI is goin for the gusto. >=) Making a bang into the market, then going for mainstream. :p It worked in Graphics.....

thebluesgnr
03-11-2005, 02:40 PM
The board available for pre-sale could be this one:
http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/29/1049.html#000000

LowRun
03-11-2005, 02:52 PM
The board available for pre-sale could be this one:
http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/29/1049.html#000000

Yeah, it would make more sense.

Caper
03-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Yes it would...but Komplett specifies SATA.
Can ya see SATA connectors on the Sapphire boards at ocworkbench?
Maybe just me beeing blind?

LowRun
03-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Yes it would...but Komplett specifies SATA.
Can ya see SATA connectors on the Sapphire boards at ocworkbench?
Maybe just me beeing blind?

Seems like so by the IDE connectors, what d'ya think?

DevilsRejection
03-11-2005, 03:29 PM
Sticky this, and is Saphire was smart they would send samples to OPP, Fugger, OPB, and Macci

Caper
03-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Seems like so by the IDE connectors, what d'ya think?
Me beeing blind :)
Seems like SATA connectors.

CHEMICAL
03-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Sticky this, and is Saphire was smart they would send samples to OPP, Fugger, OPB, and Macci

agreed^^^

this is got to be the best looking board i have seen hope they keep the specs!!!!!!!!!

now all ati needs to do is employ chilly1 to start making custom ati cascades

Nubius
03-11-2005, 04:05 PM

deception`` Finally someone else whos pickin up what I'm puttin down. That's what I said on like...page 1....these days people are pumping out more bells and whistles than functionality...

IMO that Fatal1ty board is all looks with not so much in the performance section. Dude jonathan is just trying to market his name with a board that doesn't even perform well enough to justify the extra cost.

I'm not a fan of ATI's video cards except for the 9xxx vs the FX series, but a motherboard is a whole new issue and if it lives up to good quality, high overclocks, and all that good stuff then I will definitely pick one up when I crossover to AMD64...however...much like these other people..I would like to see onboard video tossed out..

For a 'top OC'ers board' onboard video shouldn't even be remotely considered...so that makes me wonder to some degree how much this board will be able to hang under the knife.

EDIT: I will say though, I LOVE the fact that they put the NB in a good position so I could put on my northpole NB cooler from microcool. That thing is relatively tall, and with the NB where it is, I won't have to worry about a graphics card hitting it! :D So that's awesome.

Don't much like where the 4pin power is located though at the top of the board though..of course this is just personal pref, but I like the 4pin and the ATX power connector to be near each other :p:

Klisp
03-11-2005, 04:18 PM
.. tobad i don't have a clear case. Wish OPP would get one to test on some phase.

Ackbar
03-11-2005, 04:26 PM
I'm curious... if the waterblock were to break/leak, would they cover the board under warranty? If they're going to sell the waterblocks as an option on the board, I think they should. Don't you?

Nubius
03-11-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm curious... if the waterblock were to break/leak, would they cover the board under warranty? If they're going to sell the waterblocks as an option on the board, I think they should. Don't you? Good point. What if it fried your board and your R520 :p:

Xassius
03-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Good point. What if it fried your board and your R520 :p:

I think they'll sell the board only. Waterblocks are on that pic for show only (to show that nb blocks can be fitted into the mosfets).

I personally love the colour. :p:

Bond_
03-11-2005, 05:26 PM
amazing board! :slobber:

Klisp
03-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Agreed :slobber:

DudeMiester
03-11-2005, 06:20 PM
If only they had more PCI-Express channels it would be perfect. This is what I want, 2 16x PCIe slots, 3 4x PCIe slots, 6 1x PCIe channels for mobo components, and no regular PCI. So that's 50 total PCIe channels, with 25GB/s aggreate bandwidth. Of course only HyperTransport 3 would supply a large enough FSB to service all that bandwidth, but that's just a matter of time. Also, considering that ATI is already demoing their SLI solution under NDA at CeBit, I'm surprised this doesn't have 2 16x PCIe slots. Oh well, I'm not upgrading till the rivision E chips start coming out, so hopefully something will come out that's PCIe only.

Nubius
03-11-2005, 06:28 PM
I know red and white are ATI's colors, but like other members mentioned, I think a black and red board would look freakin awesome.

The Mofo
03-11-2005, 06:54 PM

I didnt notice the logo. When did DD start using the 2 DD's on their blocks? I havent purchased a block from them since the maz4 gpu came out.

Playful_Buffalo
03-11-2005, 07:57 PM
well its great on paper.......

and thats enough to make me doubt my DFI nf4 purchase :slobber:

SIK_L_CELL
03-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Yes please! :D

reject
03-11-2005, 09:23 PM
the dfi nf4 never stood a chance once i heard of this board. im just wondering dothan vs. venice, or to get turion

mcnbns
03-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Venice, of course. Getting a Dothan will mean you can't use this mobo. :stick: :D

Purely price/performance I don't think Venice can be beat.

perry_78
03-12-2005, 02:26 AM
the dfi nf4 never stood a chance once i heard of this board. im just wondering dothan vs. venice, or to get turion

The DFI had a great chance! I'm using this board for the next 2-3 months before the ATI comes out, and with that a X800XL :)

reject
03-12-2005, 03:02 AM
i dont like the layout of the dfi, way too cramped. in europe its probly not a problem, but in summer here you can get pockets of 50c air floating around in your case, and thats with 1 gpu.

@mcnbns: u know that i meant the dothan mobo i asked ati to build

Rudzer
03-12-2005, 04:11 AM

Yeah rigth...nice to see people come up with such "conclusions" when they dont even have real solid numbers, only specs...

Plus the fact that DFI already has an offer and it will take long time (looking at prior lauches) before something like this comes up...

zA.Gosu
03-12-2005, 04:20 AM
Hey reject 35 degrees today?

mdzcpa
03-12-2005, 06:17 AM
Yeah rigth...nice to see people come up with such "conclusions" when they dont even have real solid numbers, only specs...

Agreed.

Although this ATI mobo looks great in theory, and I do look forward to seeing what it can really do when, and IF, it arrives, the DFI is here now and is still the reigning king of AMD mobos.

I think its a wee bit early to announce a new champion that doesn't even exist yet :rolleyes:

perry_78
03-12-2005, 06:40 AM
It's the reigning king of motherboards, but I agree with reject that it isnt ideal - but it's darn close, I love the DRAM placement, others disagree. With water-cooling the hot air pockets are not such an issue, a tripple radiator with 120mm fans does the trick :)

Magnj
03-12-2005, 06:40 AM
I want AMR. Dual X800XLs should provide for goood fun

Hallowed
03-12-2005, 07:00 AM
Looks awesome, has incredible layout, and all the voltages we need. The only immediate problem I see is lack of native SATA2.

I suppose my questions are:

1. Can it clock as advertised?
2. At X clocks can it perform as well or beyond that of a NF4? Last thing we need is a board that clocks like no other but still performs worse.

xpr-k
03-12-2005, 07:03 AM
Even though I like Its features, The White coloring with Red slots looks ugly to Me, I like the Red as I'm partial to red, But a red/black motherboard would have looked better to Me. So If Sapphire is going to try and sell the motherboard in that color combo then I'll just have to decline, As even purple and black looks better... :shakes: :shakes:

spraypaint yer case shiny black on the inside et voila

Hombre
03-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Maybe it's just a custom PCB and layout colors for the showoff. It is very possible that the final board will be based on a black PCB :D

3FFeX
03-12-2005, 07:37 AM

I'm curious... if the waterblock were to break/leak, would they cover the board under warranty? If they're going to sell the waterblocks as an option on the board, I think they should. Don't you?

The blocks wll be made available from DD specically for this application not sold with the board, but there will be blocks made available for it . read :rolleyes:

Ackbar
03-12-2005, 08:24 AM
The blocks wll be made available from DD specically for this application not sold with the board, but there will be blocks made available for it . read :rolleyes:

I did read it, but the astute reader would notice that as you quoted, the OP said that these waterblocks would "be made available" but not which company would actually be selling them. If the mobo maker were to make it available through them (obviously made by DD though), then I see no reason why they shouldn't extend the warranty to cover any damage due to a product they offer as an add-on.

Of course, if DD sold the waterblocks directly then I see no reason for them to extend the warranty. I'm not sure this would have to be the case though, since the OP made no mention of such. Futhermore, DD would stand to benefit more from making waterblocks that fit across multiple applications unless they were specifically contracted to make custom waterblocks that were to only fit certain applications. Since we were told these are made "specifically for this application", one can consider that that means that we are looking at a product that was contracted to be made.

Maybe you should learn to read a little better yourself as there is no mention of the seller (although the maker has been mentioned). I'll give you a good example of this scenario related to cars. You can go out and add a supercharger to your car, but it'll void the engine warranty and if you were to break something you'd be on your own. Some car manufacturer's have contracted companies (for example Toyota has such a division called TRD) to make superchargers for their cars to meet strict specifications. Once they have done so, they won't sell the supercharger with the car from the factory, but offer it as an option you can buy off them aftermarket. Now in the case of Toyota, as long as you don't modify your TRD supercharger, your warranty still applies (directly stated in the information that Toyota gives you with the part). So, as you can see, the difference between lies in who is selling the part.

Before you start telling people that they should read, maybe you should think beyond the nearsightedness of your argument. :stick:

mcnbns
03-12-2005, 09:09 AM
I don't think they should warrant anything against leaks other than if the block itself leaks somewhere (due to a defect or something). Most of the time it's user error and Dangerden/Sapphire/whoever shouldn't be held accountable for n00bs that don't know how to water cool.

Still, it would be next to impossible for whoever it was that sold the block to prove that it was the user, so the seller would end up footing the bill.

The Toyota analogy is good, but it isn't generally the car owner that's installing the supercharger, I would guess. Toyota knows exactly what's been done to the car before they give the customer a warranty. The water block vendor doesn't know how good the installation of its product on the motherboard will be.

deception``
03-12-2005, 09:16 AM

This is a very foolish statement. How are you going to judge this board by pictures and specs alone? Honestly you are doing exactly what any marketing firm would want you to do: falling for the hype and some aesthetics. Instead of basing your decisions soley on how something looks, why don't you wait for the real thing.

deception``

mcnbns
03-12-2005, 09:20 AM
basing your decisions soley on how something looks...
Did you miss the specs at the first page? Of course no one knows how this will really perform, but if it's anything close to its specs it should kick some royal ass. That's all people are trying to say.

deception``
03-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Did you miss the specs at the first page? Of course no one knows how this will really perform, but if it's anything close to its specs it should kick some royal ass. That's all people are trying to say.

I did notice the specs on the first page. However, all non-final specs are always subject to change (as we already know). To be honest, I am very much intrigued by this board, but only a fool would draw a clear conclusion without actual results to go by.

deception``

Ackbar
03-12-2005, 09:33 AM
I don't think they should warrant anything against leaks other than if the block itself leaks somewhere (due to a defect or something). Most of the time it's user error and Dangerden/Sapphire/whoever shouldn't be held accountable for n00bs that don't know how to water cool.

Still, it would be next to impossible for whoever it was that sold the block to prove that it was the user, so the seller would end up footing the bill.

The Toyota analogy is good, but it isn't generally the car owner that's installing the supercharger, I would guess. Toyota knows exactly what's been done to the car before they give the customer a warrantee. The water block vendor doesn't know how good the installation of its product on the motherboard will be.

That's true, I would agree that only leaks from the waterblock should be warrantied. You're right that it would be difficult to figure out who was at fault, but then they should ask that all waterblocks be sent in with the mobo then check for leakage. If none is found, then obviously replacement of the mobo under warranty would not be justified.

That's true, Toyota in fact prefers that you get the supercharger installed at the dealership. But they also prefer that you do all your service at the dealership as well. AFAIK according to US law for cars, the manufacturer can not void the warranty on account of someone else doing the installation/service alone. ie)If you get documentable proof that you always get your oil changed at 3000 miles but not by Toyota, they can not just void your warranty if your engine is sludged just because you didn't get the oil changed by them. Now if it were to be found that you used really poor quality oil that led to this, sure there's no reason they can't void your warranty. As long as no obvious modification and no negligance has been found on the part of the user, a car's warranty can not be legally voided. They might try to do so anyways...

Now if the mobo manufacturer specifically puts on their warranty:
"Although we have created a custom WB for this application and tested it, if it were to leak we won't cover it." Then you're out of luck, and that's the type of thing I was originally comtemplating in my post. Either way, my point was that if DD sells the block, then the issue is clearer since DD would probably not warrantee a mobo they did not make nor would the mobo maker against an aftermarket add-on that they are not directly selling. If the mobo maker offers the block, they could still opt to not warranty it (ie. offer it as a "at your risk" component, but doing so would leave some people confused about buying something specifically made for the mobo and purchased through the mobo maker that wouldn't be directly supported) but that would be at their discretion of course. Again, I'm not trying to say that they would be FORCED to warranty against leaks, but that they could do so if they wanted to. I am simply ASKING if they would, but the person I was posting in reply to was stating that it was OBVIOUS that it shouldn't be due to an argument that was not necessarily based on truth.

Clearly it isn't as obvious as he/she thought if he/she would consider all the possibilities. :banana4:

nebuchanezzar
03-12-2005, 09:55 AM
I just can't wait to see how the power clockers can abuse this baby!!! I just bought most of the parts for a 754 build but eventually we all gotta go PCIe sometime and this already looks like the board to play with. They used alot of the suggestions the people here offered up and if the quality is there...well this thing has the potential to take over the enthusiast market for AMDs

Marlowe
03-12-2005, 05:02 PM
There is a board that was conceived and built based on some of the feedback from this thread. By the end of this week, you will know what I'm talking about. ;)
That is one Xtreme motherboard! :slobber: Thank you for listening to us! :toast:
I hope there will be an AMR version too :D And I hope there will be more mounting holes around the cpu area. I wonder if that TDX thingie is as good as my antarctica, or if there are a point in replacing it with another waterblock at all. I wonder what those pinheaders and jumpers near the Sapphire brand does. I also wonder what the dimensions on those nipples are. As the motherboard is standard ATX, someone cold measure it out of the picture if they wanted.. (someone do it! :)) I hope your motherboard drivers will be good and intensively testet. I guess this is the board where you will use the also dicussed overclocking software. I hope this will be up to the task as well in every way.

It looks like a graphics card might conflict with the memory tho. All those waterblocks will defenitely heat some water. And coupled with a waterblock on a heavy overclocked and voltmodded X800 card, this loop will recuire some serious cooling! Looks like my dual heatercore will come to its right. Although I'm really thinking two separate loops will be needed for optimal cpu and gpu overclocking. I really hope the mosfets and the NB can be cooled passively, also under heavy overclocking. (like my P4C800..) Because new hw should be more effective, right?

I wonder what will prove better.. this and a rev E, or a Pentium M adapter ;)
After all, switching to pci-e will be godamn expensive.

As you can see, there is a lot of hoping :p: As the others have said, you still have a lot to proove to us.
I wish you good luck! :toast:

zoom314
03-12-2005, 06:05 PM
The more I look at this motherboard and what not the more I think this is My next upgrade for zoom1, I'll still need a psu, cpu, water cooling and vapochill LS for the cpu, But It should do just fine with an FX-57 cpu. :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

Abraxas
03-12-2005, 06:36 PM
One question: Did God make this board? :slobber:

Seriously though, when will these be available?

Can I get something at least half as cool in mATX form factor? :worship: I know I am in the minority, but... (please?)

MSI Radeon Xpress 200 (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=13-130-485&DEPA=0)

Hopefully this will be out come summer.

And how do I get those wicked DD waterblocks?

RAINFIRE
03-12-2005, 06:54 PM

Ok, 1st - are the A56 and A58 a DEAD product now? This link shows two Sapphire boards (http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/29/1049.html) and they are NOT this board? Anyone know what the hell is going on? They've had the A56 and A58 announced for quite awhile now and still no product pages?

2nd - Sapphire now has 3 announced ATI Radeon Xpress boards showing and what is this mobo model?

3rd. Is ATI going to be marketing the same mobo's under different companies like Powercolor, Sapphire etc? Hehe - this ought to be fun keeping up with the right BIOS. I know my Connect3D X850 XT PE is the same as 2 or 3 other brands, Asus being one of them. I for one could use a little less cross company marketing to stop my head from spinning around and around so much.

Socket 939 K8T890 , nForce4, SiS 756, Radeon Xpress 200 Next Gen Motherboard Pricing and Availability List (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=638014#post638014)

LowRun
03-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Well, red is usually not one of my favourite but i must admit i just like the look of the mobo, so here we go for another pic, aircooling this time: http://www.clubic.com/t/screenshot121448.html

zoom314
03-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Well, red is usually not one of my favourite but i must admit i just like the look of the mobo, so here we go for another pic, aircooling this time: http://www.clubic.com/t/screenshot121448.html

Seeing that, It might be possible for an XP-120 to fit there instead. That's cause the XP-120 is within AMDs specs for heatsinks and I like Its performance as I have one on zoom2 already, As long as the Caps aren't too tall that is. Oh and It looks better in the Clubic picture than It does in the Cebit photo, Just more subdued. Oh and I've fired off an email to Thermalright about this, They may not have an answer Yet, Unless they've had a sample board to work with already that is.

thebluesgnr
03-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Another pic of this board can be seen here:
http://www.forumdeluxx.de/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3288&password=

Go to CEBIT Day 2 -> Page 12. I didn't post a direct link so people will see they have a bunch of great pics from CEBIT. :D

dimasdw
03-12-2005, 10:28 PM
One more thing...

just put waterblock... :banana:

trakslacker
03-12-2005, 11:41 PM
good lord this board is so nice. Props to Sapphire and ATi!

fareastgq
03-13-2005, 02:37 AM
I'll pass on the dangerden blocks, g5 will be going on there with air cooling for the mosfets and NB, SB. Hopefully this board isn't all show and no go. Makes you wonder if DFI will be making this board.... heh. I could see Oscar Wu moonlighting to write a bios for ati, hehe. Judging from prelim reviews of the sample though, looks like theres a very good chance this will be THEE board.

Evil_Spork
03-13-2005, 03:27 AM
sign me up! ill try one out!

G0DZILLA
03-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Yes can't wait to see some production benchmarks

WiCKeD
03-13-2005, 10:12 AM
MSI Radeon Xpress 200 (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=13-130-485&DEPA=0)

Hopefully this will be out come summer.

And how do I get those wicked DD waterblocks?I said something half as cool. As an overclocker, that board doesn't even rate. :down:

AvIOn
03-13-2005, 10:29 AM
I think This will be a part of my next upgrade. I'm now sitting on a DFI ut Lanparty, amd64 3400+ DTR and ocz TCCD... And i just cant live with this mobo anymore.. It's so unstable, and only single channel... :( So i first had my eyes on MSI s939 SLI, but this one from ATi just got my juices flowing here:)

Hope it will be out before June this year... Would be rally nice with this mobo, a64 4200+ and a r520 together with my pair of tccd's....

*dreaming*

3FFeX
03-13-2005, 12:04 PM
heres some pics ive found searching around the web for more info .

zoom314
03-13-2005, 12:15 PM
heres some pics ive found searching around the web for more info.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26505&stc=1&thumb=1 (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26505)

Nice pics, Although on the 3rd one I could only read ATi and the rest is blurry, Possibly needed a better camera or just adjust the one You've got if possible that is. Was that 3rd one of the Northbridge or the Southbridge? :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

dippyskoodlez
03-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Nice pics, Although on the 3rd one I could only read ATi and the rest is blurry, Possibly needed a better camera or just adjust the one You've got if possible that is. Was that 3rd one of the Northbridge or the Southbridge? :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

NB-- caps to the right, matching thermal pad tear off, only one with a heatsink removed, and we've seen the SB before :P

zoom314
03-13-2005, 01:29 PM
NB-- caps to the right, matching thermal pad tear off, only one with a heatsink removed, and we've seen the SB before :P

Thanks Dips.

RAndomaN
03-13-2005, 03:18 PM
if it preforms as good as it should (according to paper) hello one of those when i next upgrade :D

situman
03-13-2005, 03:21 PM
how come hte ATI reps are so quiet now? am i mistaken or they havent posted for a while?

Dissolved
03-13-2005, 03:38 PM
how come hte ATI reps are so quiet now? am i mistaken or they havent posted for a while?

i bet there Busy, the ati show & new products..

dippyskoodlez
03-13-2005, 03:49 PM

and they probably dont browse the forums on weekends, as its probably their "time off" ;)

LowRun
03-13-2005, 04:04 PM
This is the teasing part of the new marketing scheme ;)

situman
03-13-2005, 04:20 PM
true, then the guinea pigs will buy the boards and tell the rest of us how it is.

Vapor
03-13-2005, 04:36 PM
If you look hard enough, it also says RS480 in the first line of small print...definitely the NB.

SLaY3r07
03-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Hexus has a little article on the Sapphire GROUPER (http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD0xMDUw)

zoom314
03-13-2005, 05:20 PM
heres some pics ive found searching around the web for more info .

You got those pics from Hexus.net It looks like, I say that as They have the same pics. I won't direct link from there as It's a long way off.

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD0xMDUw

Grayskull
03-13-2005, 08:08 PM
The feedback is a little overwhelming so I'll try to keep up with this thread and answer some questions...

There seems to be recurring questions regarding the ROM sockets. One is for system bios, the other two are SATA option roms for the SI3132s. The option roms may not be required on production boards. They are provisioned for testing but may be removed. If they are no longer required as option ROMs we might consider converting them to secondary sbios sockets.

yeah, thats a feature I've always liked about those giga boards, a second BIOS chip. But three...whoa! Could be nice, for those who like to try out new BIOS'es. That way you've got your stock, your modded, and your whatever BIOS ready to go :D but who knows (other than ATI) if those are all for BIOS chips.

jjcom

Grayskull
03-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Actually yes, and pretty significantly if you are running a water cooled system. Many boards mount passive heatsinks on the MOSFETs and they rely on some amount of airflow coming from CPU heatsink to dissipate the heat. On an overvoltaged system, without any airflow from the CPU HSF (like in a system where the CPU is watercooled or vapochilled) the water cooled FETs really brings down the temperature in that area of the motherboard.

The board is provisioned however for various cooling solutions in that area, completely passive, heatsink and fan, heastsink and fan with external ducting and watercooling. It's a very flexible design.

=']Are we really going to be benefiting from watercooled mosfets?

Dissolved
03-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Actually yes, and pretty significantly if you are running a water cooled system. Many boards mount passive heatsinks on the MOSFETs and they rely on some amount of airflow coming from CPU heatsink to dissipate the heat. On an overvoltaged system, without any airflow from the CPU HSF (like in a system where the CPU is watercooled or vapochilled) the water cooled FETs really brings down the temperature in that area of the motherboard.

The board is provisioned however for various cooling solutions in that area, completely passive, heatsink and fan, heastsink and fan with external ducting and watercooling. It's a very flexible design.

Fets get HOT! the ones on my OCZ booster at 2.8v get 90c in a standard case, with a fan they are around 40-70c

I love the Fets area. i think thats one of the BEST mobo features ive seen on a new mobo. Goes to show how kick.. ati and sapphire are :toast:

Grayskull
03-13-2005, 08:30 PM
A common misconception is that onboard graphics somehow detracts from overclocking. In our architecture, there is no reason to believe this. The only thing that onboard graphics does is thrash the system memory a little harder. If the system fails with onboard graphics because of this, it only means it's not totally stable. Also, if you are running an external graphics card, the onboard graphics can be totally disabled and it's as if it was never there.

As for the waterblocks, since there has also been some questions regarding them...they are going to be offered as aftermarket components from Danger Den. They will look exactly as shown. I didn't measure the fittings but I believe they were 3/8" fittings. Feel free to ask Danger Den directly.

Simply awesome ! :slobber:
Why do I suddenly feel the urge to sing the Canadian national anthem ? :D

I'm a little worried tho overclocking and onboard graphics chipsets usually don't mix well.

Grayskull do you know if the optional DD waterblock's fittings are 3/8" or 1/2" ?

Grayskull
03-13-2005, 08:40 PM
I would like to address some of your comments...

All pricing, availability and motherboard color scheme questions will need to go to Sapphire as it's their board. I can tell you this though, there are a lot more than a couple of these boards in white/red. As far as I know, ALL existing boards look exactly the same.

As for the initial Anandtech review, that was for our initial ATI Radeon Xpress 200 technology launch. It was very obvious at that time and still is today that those were reference boards. This is not.

As numerous othes have already asked.... WHEN will this mobo be available to the public!!?? Anandtech had their "review" of the sample board the first week on November...that was over 4 months ago.

Also, I don't think in a million years that motherboard will come out with the white/red color scheme nor do I think the 6"x8" gaudy ATi logo will be on the back of it either. This was probably just a one-off done for shows, much like GM and Ford do with some of their vehicles.

As long as the specs are there, and we can get one without integrated video, there are going to be a LOT of used DFI nF4 Ultra's on Ebay in a couple of months!!! :D

Brian

Grayskull
03-13-2005, 08:47 PM
There is NOT and will NOT be any battles between ATI and any motherboard vendors. ATI supplies core logic technology to all the motherboard vendors and does not actively participate in selling motherboards.

Grayskull
03-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Right on the money.

situman
03-13-2005, 09:10 PM
So in the Hexus article I read tat the design of the mobo is 6 layer pcb. arent most designs 4 layers? Maybe Hexus has it wrong. Btw any estimated date of arrival?

pershoot
03-13-2005, 09:51 PM
subscribin to thread.

great lookin board!

thebluesgnr
03-13-2005, 10:53 PM
So in the Hexus article I read tat the design of the mobo is 6 layer pcb. arent most designs 4 layers? Maybe Hexus has it wrong. Btw any estimated date of arrival?

Most designs are 4-layers, but 6 is not that uncommon. The ECS KV2 Extreme and some of the recent DFI's LANPARTY (for Intel only) have 6-layer PCB.

Gokou
03-14-2005, 06:04 AM
6 Layer PCB's are quite a bit more expencive... ala Opteron boards IIRC...

So is the mosfet area exactly the size of the NB? Cos i think a nice zalman chipset cooler would do nicely. I dont want to watercool 4 components on my rig, but dont want fans.... so a decent passive cooler would be ace.

situman
03-14-2005, 06:07 AM
If it is indeed a 6 layer PCB, the chances of it being a real killer board is much higher. I mean does OEM really need a 6 layer PCB board? How much strain does it produce running things at stock. Still wondering when it will come out.

AvIOn
03-14-2005, 07:09 AM
can't wait until this hits the streets... I have to wait for my next upgrade until this one comes out. Ati MoBo and Ati GFX :D weeeeeeee :) If this performs well, this will be my next mobo, FOR SURE! when can i buy it? june/juli? August ? may ?

HARDCORECLOCKER
03-14-2005, 08:12 AM
:D Hm, I agree..........very nice looking board, but how will the ATI chipset clock compared to NF4 ?

Only looking cool is not enough............. ;)

Heard rumours from CBIT that the 3 BIOS chips are caused by a totally new BIOS system - independent circuits for RAM, CPU and GPU maybe.........

And what about the onboard video? Only way to use this or is it possible to add a GPU ?

All in all we need ClockGen ATI soon.................... :toast:

HaLDoL
03-14-2005, 08:20 AM
Weren't these the boards OPP, macci and FUGGER used in Vegas? The same boards that didn't clock so well?

nosferatu
03-14-2005, 08:45 AM
*subscribing*

If one decides to use the full watercooling kit; wouldn't the extra heat from the mosfets added to the loop cancel out any potential OC-gain? Or is this system designed for separate cooling loops?

dippyskoodlez
03-14-2005, 08:58 AM
:D Hm, I agree..........very nice looking board, but how will the ATI chipset clock compared to NF4 ?

Only looking cool is not enough............. ;)

Heard rumours from CBIT that the 3 BIOS chips are caused by a totally new BIOS system - independent circuits for RAM, CPU and GPU maybe.........

And what about the onboard video? Only way to use this or is it possible to add a GPU ?

All in all we need ClockGen ATI soon.................... :toast:

greyskull has already stated what the bios sockets are for. hopefully they will make one of them a second bios.

onboard video? greyskull stated that also...

I think it was the ati chipset that was already out (maybe engineering sample) that was compared to an engineering sample of the nvidia board, and they either tied, or werent slightly apart from eachother. :D

G0DZILLA
03-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Yah...maybe they squeezed some more performance out of it, if we are lucky its always nice to have competition, and this board looks so cool to. Would like to hear some pricing on this sucker tho.

HARDCORECLOCKER
03-14-2005, 11:01 AM
greyskull has already stated what the bios sockets are for. hopefully they will make one of them a second bios.

onboard video? greyskull stated that also...

I think it was the ati chipset that was already out (maybe engineering sample) that was compared to an engineering sample of the nvidia board, and they either tied, or werent slightly apart from eachother. :D

:D I see, THX. All in all they start a good business, I'm thinking of all the sold coolers there, it is a good idea to sell a board and to have the equipment for it in Ya own house............ :toast:

dippyskoodlez
03-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Yah...maybe they squeezed some more performance out of it, if we are lucky its always nice to have competition, and this board looks so cool to. Would like to hear some pricing on this sucker tho.

If it has complete support for the rev E's and dual cores, and the "rumors" about nforce 4 and E rev's having problems is true.. **IF**, it'll be a no-brainer for most.

I dont think the Nforce 4 will have too many issues with the rev E tho.. I bet most just freaked out early.

perkam
03-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Hopefully ATI actually fulfills its promise of a 9600-based onboard video...uptil now its been X300 and it sucks in 01 :(

Speaking of 01...OPP has started a new thread on the future of 01 in the XS 3d section :D

Perkam

Nanobot
03-14-2005, 03:53 PM
I just emailed DD and this is what they replied :

Quote:"sorry we are unable to
give any information about the new ATI board and or water blocks. All
questions need to be handled by ATI them selves"

So it's still a guess work as to where the waterblocks will be available from.My guess;Sapphire as a mobo option.
Who knows Sapphire might make the mobo and wb available similarly to one of thier "Toxic" line of video cards with Arctic Cooling Silencers,the mobo with water blocks would fit nicely in the Toxic line especially with the white and red color scheme.

A common misconception is that onboard graphics somehow detracts from overclocking. In our architecture, there is no reason to believe this. The only thing that onboard graphics does is thrash the system memory a little harder. If the system fails with onboard graphics because of this, it only means it's not totally stable. Also, if you are running an external graphics card, the onboard graphics can be totally disabled and it's as if it was never there.

As for the waterblocks, since there has also been some questions regarding them...they are going to be offered as aftermarket components from Danger Den. They will look exactly as shown. I didn't measure the fittings but I believe they were 3/8" fittings. Feel free to ask Danger Den directly.

thebluesgnr
03-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Hopefully ATI actually fulfills its promise of a 9600-based onboard video...uptil now its been X300 and it sucks in 01 :(

Speaking of 01...OPP has started a new thread on the future of 01 in the XS 3d section :D

Perkam

The X300 is the 9600 in PCI-E. The problem with the onboard video is that it's slower than X300SE.

elec999
03-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Heres another view of this board.
http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD0xMDUw
Thanks

zabomb4163
03-14-2005, 09:51 PM
in another thread he reportedly broke the air WR fsb using this board easily. he also says that it is superior to the DFI board in terms of overclocking ability.

zoom314
03-14-2005, 09:59 PM
in another thread he reportedly broke the air WR fsb using this board easily. he also says that it is superior to the DFI board in terms of overclocking ability.

With the Specs It has, I wouldn't doubt It. I intend to get one and set It up this way:

That will only need
an FX-57 2.8GHz cpu,
a Corsair CMX512-3200LL 512Mb Dimm,
a PC-7a vapochill modified Black case,
an Aspire 520w psu,
a Sapphire Grouper motherboard(VGA onboard already),
a Vapochill LS(Black),
a 20Gb 7200rpm hdd(I already have It),
a CoolerMaster Aquagate Water Cooling System (ALC-U01) for NB chip & the Mosfets.

So I wonder what is the AMD Vapochill LightSpeed WR right now?

reject
03-15-2005, 01:48 AM
like 3.4ghz on a modded Ls on a fx53 or 55 isnt it?
i really like this mobo

SlackeR
03-15-2005, 09:14 AM
With the Specs It has, I wouldn't doubt It. I intend to get one and set It up this way:

That will only need
an FX-57 2.8GHz cpu,
an Aspire 520w psu,
a Vapochill LS(Black),
a CoolerMaster Aquagate Water Cooling System (ALC-U01) for NB chip & the Mosfets.

I would rather ditch the FX and buy a bette PSU. realize how important these things are?? ;)

zoom314
03-15-2005, 09:20 AM
I would rather ditch the FX and buy a bette PSU. realize how important these things are?? ;)

It has 35 Amps on the +12v rail and powers zoom2 @ 2.34GHz 24/7 and no that is not peak amps which I believe is somewhat higher.

HARDCORECLOCKER
03-15-2005, 09:44 AM

That will only need
an FX-57 2.8GHz cpu,
an Aspire 520w psu,
a Vapochill LS(Black),

:D Don't know, got no Lightspeed and no WR but take a look at PIC in SIG - done with a stock MACH II GT, of course a suicide shot.... :toast:

zoom314
03-15-2005, 09:57 AM
:D Don't know, got no Lightspeed and no WR but take a look at PIC in SIG - done with a stock MACH II GT, of course a suicide shot.... :toast:

Nice pic, I hope It still works, albeit at a slower speed... :toast: :toast:

OPPAINTER
03-15-2005, 10:03 AM
And what exactly is that world record? :D

OPP

cadaveca
03-15-2005, 10:09 AM
lol..let's see the screen, then. I'm sure jaws will drop.

philter
03-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Looks gud - but myself - I'd rather wait for maybe next one down the line for goodies like NCQ/SATA II on S/B and better embedded audio maybe summert like Cmedia's new DD LIVE Chip, and a few more USB
Specs do look promising but will leave the tesing/breakin in to others as I'm sick ov f@%Kin around with boards ATM just want a board that will perform well and keep permormin well!!
Any ov you guys n gals got a rig that has a week + uptime BTW??

HARDCORECLOCKER
03-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Nice pic, I hope It still works, albeit at a slower speed... :toast: :toast:

:D Yes still working, but I'm waitin' for my RMA'd DFI NF4 - hope to get a little improvement with that board.

"Suicide shot" means that immedeately after taking the screenie system crashed....., but who cares, it was "stable for a screenie"......

:toast:

SlackeR
03-15-2005, 01:54 PM
It has 35 Amps on the +12v rail and powers zoom2 @ 2.34GHz 24/7 and no that is not peak amps which I believe is somewhat higher.

well i know how it performs.
And i know a lot of people in Denmark who has lost harddrives due to a 12v line well beyond 13v, it has no sense lines, so you cant even mod it to fit your needs (which may not be a critical point on Sapphire but whatever), the lines put out quite a few amps, but i have seen people gain a lot of mhz going from Aspire to OCZ. Noise is an issue too.
Anyway if you have it already it might be worth it. I just think it is silly to go with a half-decent PSU along with a FX-55.
BTW: is that really only one stick of ram? no dualchannel? Don't get me wrong, the system sounds fun, and i might have misunderstood it, but i really think it sounds like that FX is overkill if you dont upgrade the rest of your system.

zoom314
03-15-2005, 02:10 PM
And i know a lot of people in Denmark who has lost harddrives due to a 12v line well beyond 13v, it has no sense lines, so you cant even mod it to fit your needs (which may not be a critical point on Sapphire but whatever), the lines put out quite a few amps, but i have seen people gain a lot of mhz going from Aspire to OCZ. Noise is an issue too.
Anyway if you have it already it might be worth it. I just think it is silly to go with a half-decent PSU along with a FX-55.
BTW: is that really only one stick of ram? no dualchannel? Don't get me wrong, the system sounds fun, and i might have misunderstood it, but i really think it sounds like that FX is overkill if you dont upgrade the rest of your system.

That will only need
an FX-57 2.8GHz cpu,
a G.Skill 512Mb TCCD PC4400 Dimm,
an OCZ 520w psu,
a Vapochill LS(Black),
a CoolerMaster Aquagate Water Cooling System (ALC-U01) for NB chip & the Mosfets,
a 20Gb 7200rpm hdd(I already have It).

How's this?

I'd get the case in a Blue color, But It isn't really neccessary as Black will do.
Oh and this is a New system from the ground up, except for the hdd as It will mostly be used for crunchin numbers for Seti or such. a Dual core FX when It arrives would be really nice, But that is a ways off past the horizon.

Although I'd rather stay with a single Dimm as It is usaully easier to overclock one Dimm than with Two Dimms.

RAINFIRE
03-15-2005, 02:36 PM

You mean like this FX-55 with an Aspire? http://www.fx-55.com/watercool/ ? Hehehe - actually now I've sold the FX-55 USED for $950.00 and bought an OCZ Powerstream 520W, X850 XT PE, and a AMD 3500+ Winnie. Here's the current rig http://www.fx-55.com/myrig/ . Couldn't resist . . . :toast:

G0DZILLA
03-16-2005, 04:37 AM
lol , still no availability or pricing :(

hchu
03-16-2005, 04:44 AM
lol , still no availability or pricing :(
From the Inquirer (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21826):
"The company made this motherboard in cooperation with ATI, and it's supposed to make it ready sometime in April."

reject
03-16-2005, 05:51 AM
slacker is right, that psu is really 300w. i have one and it barely works on a stock tbred/ rad 7000 system, undervolts heaps

HARDCORECLOCKER
03-16-2005, 06:56 AM
:D Any secret pretest so far ? :toast:

situman
03-16-2005, 07:22 AM
available soemtime in April. Meaning a month after should be the right time to pick up the board, depending on what kind of results/problems early adopters have. So I would guess Mid May (assuming it does come out in April) is the right time to jump on this board.

qdemn7
03-16-2005, 08:01 AM
available soemtime in April. Meaning a month after should be the right time to pick up the board, depending on what kind of results/problems early adopters have. So I would guess Mid May (assuming it does come out in April) is the right time to jump on this board.Good, that means by July (my vacation month), all the bugs should have been found and rung out, so I can buy one with confidence (maybe). :slobber:

EQS-Bob
03-16-2005, 08:42 AM
HI

I must say the Sapphire version look great with a very lovely colour but my EQS M56K9-MLF is running smooth

ATi xpress 200 chipset(RS480) is the best chipset i seem so far , Vaule for Money.

Just last night I was playing Half Life 2 on it with the onboard graphics still running smooth DX 9.0 support from Hardware.

Anyway EQScomputers.com is avaliable in Europe.
ATX version also out now called M58K9-MLF

Some news from Hexus.net

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD0xMDQ0

:banana: