PDA

View Full Version : IT7 Max2 v2.0 HD problems

Jupiler
11-28-2002, 10:46 AM
So, I got the board last week to replace my IT7.
I have 1 80Gb IBM HD that I hooked on the SATA controller, the 2 other 30Gb IBM drives are attached to the normal Raid controller and are setup in Raid0. I changed nothing to the configuration, they were set the same way on the IT7. Only difference is that the IT7 didn't have the SATA controller, just the 4 IDE connectors.

Now, since last week, I noticed strange rebbots while installing programs or surfing the net. Maybe a problem with the drivers, as I only updated the Intel drivers (with support for the PE chipset).
So, on monday, i did a clean install of WinXP on the 2nd partition of the 80Gb HD, connected on the SATA controller.

I recreated a Raid array, just to be sure, of 16k stripe size, and fdisked the raid drives in 2 partitions of 30GB each.
Formatted the drives with a 16k cluster size. So far, no problems. WinXP installed nicely, same for partitioning the raid drives.
Now, since yesterday, I have this problem:
The 80GB is divided in 4 partitions :
C: 5 GB (Win98SE)
D: 10 GB (WinXP)
E : 10 GB
F : 55GB (backup)

The 2*30Gb are in 2 partitions :
G: 30GB (programs)
H : 30GB (games)

Now, I tried to install NAV2002 on the G : partition. After 30-40% of installation, my computer suddenly locks up. I tried several times, but same problem. I had the same happen when trying to install MSOffice, crashes during installation.

I tried connecting the 80gb drive to the other SATA controller, but still the same problem.

I never had any problems installing programs or games from the single HD to the Raid drives on the IT7, which has the same controller, only doesn't have the SATA, just the plain 4 connectors.
Both boards use the same HPT374 controller.
I tried updating the HPT drivers, v1.23, but the problem remains the same.

Can someone help me out? Or did anyone with the IT7 Max2 ever experienced the same problem?
Any help is appreciated. Thx.

Mentaly
11-28-2002, 11:10 AM
Hi

Well I use all the connectors too no problems yet, only thing is I dont use raid just have a lot of hd`s :) but I have had no problems at all.

Menty

ctgilles
11-29-2002, 07:26 AM
Jupiler, think I'm gonna go for the v2.0, since resale value will be higher

Mentaly
11-29-2002, 12:49 PM
Hi

Well I actually tested mine, when I copy large files to the HD attached to Serialchannel it begins to act funny (being real slow and saying some strange sound in speakers like it found new hardware), but it doesnt lock up at anytime. Maybe someone else who has this board will try and test it too.

Menty