PDA

View Full Version : I want a new PSU, need some help.

Roger78
11-27-2002, 11:08 PM
I want to invest in a quality PSU with higher Watts to be able to cope with future upgrades.
I've read that Antec is supposed to be pretty good. The problem is I've never seen any of them over here, are they sold under a different brand name in Europe?
There isn't much to choose from. I was thinking of Enermax 431W, but I have read some posts about 5V problems with those (especially with AMD+Epox which I have).
There's also Fortron/Source, the FSP35060BN (350W), are they any good? 350W is a bit less than I want though (somewhere between 400-500W).
The same webshop that carries the Fortron/Source have also started to sell a new brand called Lepont (aka Super Flower), has anyone heard anything about those?
Any good PSUs that can be found in Europe (and preferably in Norway too)?

TheDude
11-28-2002, 07:08 AM
Hi Roger78,

I don't know about availability, but check out the TTGI 520w PS. OPPAINTER recently did a great review on them and I have been using them for about a year and a half now. Here is a link to where I have purchased 2 without any problems. They have an adjustable pot for +5, +12 rails....triple variable speed fans, very well built...check it out.

http://www.directron.com/tt500ss.html

I hope this is of good use to you.
Welcome to the Forum!

:D

Roger78
11-28-2002, 01:55 PM
Hmm, I checked the specs for the 520W Lepont (Super Flower) and they seemed to be exactly the same as in his TTGI review, and it has 3 fans too:
+3.3V - 28A
+5V - 52A
+3.3V/+5V - 260W
+12V - 20A
-5V - 0.5A
-12V - 0.8A
+5Vsb - 3.0A
Does that mean it's the same PSU as TTGI?

TheDude
11-28-2002, 05:48 PM
I don't know...could be same maker?

Liquid3D
12-02-2002, 12:23 AM
Normally I'd say go with Antec, however, I'd tend to agree with TheDude as I almost purchased the TTGI PSU, but it was sold-out at the time. Instead I purchased my third Antec. Now I'm getting odd voltage irregularities (on both Antec's above 400W). I don't know if it's the Line Conditions in my building or something more sinster (like Antec's quality slipping) but my next PSU is going to be the TTGI 520W, and I love the tri-fan idea.

JBELL
12-02-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by TheDude
Hi Roger78,

I don't know about availability, but check out the TTGI 520w PS. OPPAINTER recently did a great review on them and I have been using them for about a year and a half now. Here is a link to where I have purchased 2 without any problems. They have an adjustable pot for +5, +12 rails....triple variable speed fans, very well built...check it out.

http://www.directron.com/tt500ss.html

I hope this is of good use to you.
Welcome to the Forum!

:D

TTGI or the enermax 651watt is the only way to go in my book bro...

Tweaked!
12-02-2002, 03:17 AM
Roger78,

Welcome to Xtreme!:D

The TTGI is definitely a nice psu. I've got a Antec true power 431w and love it, but this is the only one I've had so far, so I won't go to bat for them quite yet. :)