PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with my PC ?

Goatfried_Bierd
03-08-2005, 07:11 AM
Last thursday I got a new computer. The motherboard is a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum, with a AMD64 (winchester) 3000+. The memory I use is: Geil 512MB DDR PC3200 400MHz Value CL2,5 5ns Aluminium Heat Spreader 2,5-2,8V

The PC has been 100% stable.. None errors whatsoever. After playing some WoW yesterday, I turned off my computer and went to bed.. But when I turned on the computer today it just didn't work. It wouldn't get pass the "Platinum-logo" when you turn on the computer. I can push "Tab" and THEN enter the bios. It doesn't find any of my harddrives/CD-roms. I can search after them - and then I find ONE of my harddrives and both of my CD-roms. But - it says it's a 136gb (It's a 200gb) and It doesn't find the other 80gb harddrive at all! Then I "save and exit"...

Same thing happends. I only see the Platinum logo.. I can enter the bios again - and the same harddrive/CDrom problem is there... I have to search for them again.

I have tried to reset the CMOS by pulling out the battery a couple of times. Same thing happends. There is not a tick when I turn on the computer (the harddrives/CDroms are fine)...

Also - I updated the bios online on MSI's website (before the computer crashed). I have the newest bios version as far as I know.

Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong? :( It's so friggin' annoying since the computer was 100% fine yesterday :(

LowRun
03-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Prolly something to do with the bios flash. was the first time you shut the rig down after the flash? Maybe some params to set regarding HDs in the bios.

Goatfried_Bierd
03-08-2005, 10:31 AM
I've had a couple of reboots after I flashed the bios (current version is 1.4).