PDA

View Full Version : JBell

Smizack
03-23-2002, 09:40 PM
Here is a pic of my case. I've got a fan in the lower front and 2 on the top (besides the psu fan) for exhaust.
Once again, camera blows g0ats!

Smizack
03-23-2002, 09:41 PM
And here's one with the flash on. I need about 1/2 as bright as it is though:rolleyes:

JBELL
03-23-2002, 09:44 PM
ok keep the flash and give me one of the inside front panel.... I need to see the detail and layout of the walls and such.

Smizack
03-24-2002, 03:11 PM
Aight. Got it back to "normal"
Here is the inside front. Too bringht...

Smizack
03-24-2002, 03:12 PM
This one is much better (I held my finger over half of the flash);)

JBELL
03-24-2002, 03:14 PM
well wann go 4 - 80mm fans upfront? LOL

it is doable if NOTHING gets mounted to the front wall....

Smizack
03-24-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by JBell
well wann go 4 - 80mm fans upfront? LOL

it is doable if NOTHING gets mounted to the front wall.... ]
Yeah, the way the front is designed, I'm just gonna leave that one fan there I think...

JBELL
03-24-2002, 03:15 PM
need a pic of front bezel and is that bezel bowing forward - where you have some empty sapce separating the bezel from the metal frame

JBELL
03-24-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Smizack
]
Yeah, the way the front is designed, I'm just gonna leave that one fan there I think...

why leave it there? strip it all... speaker too - relocate the speaker to the bottom front of case - or where ever

can you give me some dimentions - I will draw up a template to trace with

Smizack
03-24-2002, 03:18 PM
need a pic of front bezel and is that bezel bowing forward - where you have some empty sapce separating the bezel from the metal frame

Yeah, it is. I have about 1-1 1/2" between the front frame and the bezel.

Smizack
03-24-2002, 03:20 PM

why leave it there? strip it all... speaker too - relocate the speaker to the bottom front of case - or where ever

can you give me some dimentions - I will draw up a template to trace with

Well, the inside is 7 1/4" across. But on the bottom, after the mobo is installed, I'll only have about 5 3/4" to 6"

JBELL
03-24-2002, 03:21 PM
ok your bezel has literally NO OPENINGS!! that is a problem...

you will have to drill holes in it - get creative make a swirl effect or something, becuase having all those fans won't mean a thing without the ability to get ot the air!

Smizack
03-24-2002, 03:25 PM
ok your bezel has literally NO OPENINGS!! that is a problem...

you will have to drill holes in it - get creative make a swirl effect or something, becuase having all those fans won't mean a thing without the ability to get ot the air!

That was my plan. No blatant fans prodruding from the case.
I hooked up the front fan, it pulls almost as much as if it were in free air.

Smizack
03-24-2002, 03:30 PM
2 Top fans I have hooked up.

JBELL
03-24-2002, 03:34 PM
ok I would do this - use a dremel shave EVERTHING you can from the back of the bezel- get as much space as possible (reason why I love my antec)... then use a pencil - draw a bunch of dots till you get a pattern you like, then use a sharpie - make it a permanent design and then go over it with a basic drill.....

very cheap mod! cost nothing..... mess with different size drill bits get creative.

as for the fans... this is even more fun!

take a BIC ball point pen - remove the center ink chamber - this is your trace tool. get a clean blank piece of paper and put your fans on this paper in the configuration you desire - 4 fans in a square, staggered, whatever... doesn't matter. trace the inside fan holes and screw holes and outer area onto the paper... now for the inside fan blade area.. do not do a complete circle - just the outer half of each - then handd draw the remaining parts to connect - think like a figure 8 if you only had two fans where two sides would be pushing in and the other two bulging out... then use a razor to cut out the pattern and tape to your case - check for placement and ANYTHING that can be in your way. once you establish it is clear, use the sharpie again to trace that onto the case itself and use a dremel to slowly trim hat area - for screw holes use a fine drill bit and slowly go bigger till you are one size SMALLER than the screw!! the screw will thread itself under pressure once you are ready to mount the fans.

now once you do that softly mount the fans and check the circles - it will be too small from how you were able to trace in the beginning. use the sharpie again and with the fans still attached eyeball the areas needed of trim. remove the fans and finalize your cuts and sand down all areas. remove as little as possible so you can keep a tight clean looking cut to the openings.

JBELL
03-24-2002, 03:36 PM
2 Top fans I have hooked up.

this can be modded too - remember what ever you add ''coming in'' you want to add ''going out'' so you can keep your negative pressure

Smizack
03-24-2002, 03:40 PM
ok I would do this - use a dremel shave EVERTHING you can from the back of the bezel- get as much space as possible (reason why I love my antec)... then use a pencil - draw a bunch of dots till you get a pattern you like, then use a sharpie - make it a permanent design and then go over it with a basic drill.....

very cheap mod! cost nothing..... mess with different size drill bits get creative.

as for the fans... this is even more fun!

take a BIC ball point pen - remove the center ink chamber - this is your trace tool. get a clean blank piece of paper and put your fans on this paper in the configuration you desire - 4 fans in a square, staggered, whatever... doesn't matter. trace the inside fan holes and screw holes and outer area onto the paper... now for the inside fan blade area.. do not do a complete circle - just the outer half of each - then handd draw the remaining parts to connect - think like a figure 8 if you only had two fans where two sides would be pushing in and the other two bulging out... then use a razor to cut out the pattern and tape to your case - check for placement and ANYTHING that can be in your way. once you establish it is clear, use the sharpie again to trace that onto the case itself and use a dremel to slowly trim hat area - for screw holes use a fine drill bit and slowly go bigger till you are one size SMALLER than the screw!! the screw will thread itself under pressure once you are ready to mount the fans.

now once you do that softly mount the fans and check the circles - it will be too small from how you were able to trace in the beginning. use the sharpie again and with the fans still attached eyeball the areas needed of trim. remove the fans and finalize your cuts and sand down all areas. remove as little as possible so you can keep a tight clean looking cut to the openings.

Good idea on the tracing! But I still think 4 Delta's is gonna suck. Need to get some Panflows...

Still thinking though...

JBELL
03-24-2002, 03:41 PM
DEFINITLY go panaflo!!! what proc do you have? you may want to consider the Panaflo L1A over the H1A - the run even quieter but have less CFM

Smizack
03-24-2002, 03:43 PM

this can be modded too - remember what ever you add ''coming in'' you want to add ''going out'' so you can keep your negative pressure

Yup. And right now I got 80 in and 160 out...

*edit, plus the psu fan. forgot that one...

Smizack
03-24-2002, 03:44 PM
DEFINITLY go panaflo!!! what proc do you have? you may want to consider the Panaflo L1A over the H1A - the run even quieter but have less CFM

It's gonna be an XP 1800

JBELL
03-24-2002, 03:51 PM

It's gonna be an XP 1800

same as me... ok I would go H1A cuase I am guessing your not gonna put a 120mm on top of your case...

Smizack
03-24-2002, 03:53 PM

same as me... ok I would go H1A cuase I am guessing your not gonna put a 120mm on top of your case...

Nope. I thought about that. And I didn't want a blowhole on this one, so I put the 2 fans at the top-back instead.

JBELL
03-24-2002, 03:58 PM

Nope. I thought about that. And I didn't want a blowhole on this one, so I put the 2 fans at the top-back instead.

yeah... good thought I am glad I did it - but just for the point of doing it.....

Smizack
03-24-2002, 04:00 PM

yeah... good thought I am glad I did it - but just for the point of doing it.....

Well, I put one on my last case, and I just put too much stuff on it, (need a better desk) and I usually end up dropping things in it, or killing a fan by accident.:D

JBELL
03-24-2002, 04:02 PM
ok so back to this mod project... what else do you need? Do you have the tools?

Smizack
03-24-2002, 04:04 PM
ok so back to this mod project... what else do you need? Do you have the tools?

I got tools.. I don't know what else I need though. I need to get this thing hooked up and see what my temps are at.