PDA

View Full Version : all Gskill users please coming in if you have problem for support

Onepagebook
03-06-2005, 12:46 PM
First of all , sorry about that fact that our mail server has problem recently,
you guys know I am not the guy who doesn't help.
I appreciate Sayaa pm me about this situation. I do a serious apologize that if you guys need to RMA or support, please post here.

OPB

kakaroto
03-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Nice thread OPB!

I'm willing to help too :)

twiggy
03-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Im in need of a RMA on a 1Gb LE kit.

ooztuncer
03-06-2005, 01:31 PM
First of all I am sorry if I am asking wrong place, however I sent an e-mail to gskill@gskill.com yesterday about the availability of 1 GB LE in USA. I thought that if mail server is down it would take long time to get a reply. U nice guys have an idea???

Zeus
03-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Copied and pasted from Gskill forum:

Jack,

I just cannot believe my luck...

The first set i got was the set mentioned above, one stick was very nice, doing 300MHz in memtest errorfree with rated timings and only 2.8V.
Unfortunately the other one errored at 275MHz.

I exchanged this kit for another kit with 0431 chips.
Back home i found again that 1 stick could hit 300MHz but needed 3V to do that, the other stick gave one single error in every pass of memtest at exactly the same adress (346.4mb) no matter what setting or voltage.

Again i had to exchange this kit and got a set with 0431 chips so i asked Ismail of Icomputers if he did have a kit with 0437 chips for me.

A few minutes later he came back with a kit with 0437 chips. Thanks man!

Immidiately after i had the first stick in dissapointment struck, this stick gave hundreds of errors in test 5 at only 275MHz.
Thinking it was me i set all settings to auto, except for the 2,5-3-3-7 and 1T timings and Vdimm to 2.8V

Again, no luck, errors appeared at the same rate.
Took this stick out, tried the other one, this one errored out as well at 275MHz but only about 2-4 errors per 20 passes of test 5.

I just refuse to think it's my mobo/CPU as i've had a 512mb stick of TCCD doing 320MHz 2,5-3-3-7 1T errorfree in memtest!!(Sold it cause the other stick maxed out at 270MHz )
Also i've had 2 different sticks of Gskill doing 300MHz as well.

Is this RAM really this inconsistent or am i experiencing some exceptional bad luck?

Link: http://www.gskill.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=272

I emailed Cindy but got no reply as of yet, and also the reseller (Icomputers) don't want to exchange the kit for the third time, he thinks it's me or my mobo/CPU.

I just want 2x512mb sticks that can run 275MHz 2,5-3-3-7 1T (or better :D ) individually, that's all.

Can you help me OPB?

GazC
03-06-2005, 02:09 PM
I need help OPB, I was using a gig of Gskill LA and it mysteriously evaporated infront of my eyes!! Can I have a replacement set? :D

kakaroto
03-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Copied and pasted from Gskill forum:

Link: http://www.gskill.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=272

I emailed Cindy but got no reply as of yet, and also the reseller (Icomputers) don't want to exchange the kit for the third time, he thinks it's me or my mobo/CPU.

I just want 2x512mb sticks that can run 275MHz 2,5-3-3-7 1T (or better :D ) individually, that's all.

Can you help me OPB?

If one do good and other do not good, it must be bad luck.
Swapping banks also helps, have you tryed that?

btw: Cindy is not the person who can give you technical assistance. E-mail Kevinwu (OPB)

saaya
03-06-2005, 02:54 PM
thx for opening this thread kevin :)

Onepagebook
03-06-2005, 03:02 PM
yes, no matter what,
from now on, please send me email to "
kevinwu@gskill.com
or onepagebook@ocxtreme.org

Zeus, cindy migh go to CEBIT already, so we noware really busy in HQ I will assume. but as always,I will try my best to take care. No worry buddy.

Zeus
03-06-2005, 03:03 PM
If one do good and other do not good, it must be bad luck.
Swapping banks also helps, have you tryed that?

btw: Cindy is not the person who can give you technical assistance. E-mail Kevinwu (OPB)

I sure did man, take a look at the thread at the Gskill forum, you can see what i tried already.

Come to think of it, i sold a 512mb stick of OCZ rev2 that did 320MHz 2,5-3-3-7 1T errorfree in memtest to get this "magic" Gskill stuff and look with what i ended up... :(

Like i'd ever get a stick that would top that. :am:

edit: Just saw your reply when i submitted this post OPB, i sure hope you can help me out mate. ;)

saaya
03-06-2005, 03:05 PM
here are some more people with gskill problems:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55205

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54904

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54596

Kazoo
03-06-2005, 03:56 PM
OPB can you please tell us what your position is with Gskill? Are you a technical representative? Can you assist with and issue RMA's? Please advise.

Jessfm
03-06-2005, 04:05 PM
I need help OPB, I was using a gig of Gskill LA and it mysteriously evaporated infront of my eyes!! Can I have a replacement set? :D

WOW that happened to me too :D

Great servise OPB
:toast:

A_X
03-06-2005, 04:06 PM
here are some more people with gskill problems:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55205

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54904

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54596
Hi OPB!

Thanx for opening this thread! :)

I'm the user from the second topic that Saaya mentions here. I also started a topic on the G.Skill forum, but have not received any (usefull) reply as of yet. Here is my problem:

Hi,

This afternoon when I did a reboot all of a sudden my system wouldn't post anymore. D-Bracket told me that my ram was the problem. After some testing I concluded that one memory stick of my 1GB PC4400 LE dual set is broken...

Can anybody tell me how this could happen? These are my system specs:

Tagan TG480-U01 PSU (ATX, 480W)
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (Bios v1.24 )
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester
2x Hitatchi Deskstar 7K250 250GB 8MB @ Raid0
ATI Radeon X850XT ViVo
NEC ND-3500 Dual Layer 16x
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
Temp CPU/Case CPU idle: 28 degrees, Load: 38 degrees, Case: 25 graden
CPU cooler Thermalright XP-90 + 92mm Papst low-noise fan
Casefans 1x 120mm Antec fan, 1x 92mm Papst low-noise fan

I only use grounded power outlets and the mem has never done anything more then 2.85V since that is the max setting of the Neo4... I take it that I can RMA this via my local reseller where I got the ram? (Icomputers, NL) Should I only RMA the broken dimm or the whole set?

Thanx!

http://www.gskill.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=294

It seems that there are more people with 0437 chips that have had one of their sticks die on them. :(

I am having some difficulty in trying to contact my local reseller for a RMA procedure. I think they are giving me a hard time because they've already had a couple of less pleasant experiences with RMA'ing to G.Skill. (Zeus' for instance)

I will try to contact them a couple more times this week in hope that they will get back to me. Can you give me some advice or help me out in any way? I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Onepagebook
03-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Kazoo, I am just doing the technical advice person and suggest if the problem can be RMA.

These problems, I will need to look at that.
everyone should know that sometimes you can't get ram going to the speed you desire is NOT becuase the ram BUT all your other device like PSU and mobo even the CPU(if you have bad memory controller) as well.
I have 90% rma back to me and I check with all good pair though, and the funny thing is when I return the pair back to them, they said it works very nice. so what you guys think? :D

saaya
03-06-2005, 04:41 PM
thats not what all those people here say, some had their gskill replaced several times or bought several sticks of gskill and many of then didnt run at rated speeds.
and there are several people with dead sticks.

i hope you can get your support working again as soon as possible :)

Onepagebook
03-06-2005, 05:15 PM
that's not the problem.
BUT I am only responsible in US customer only.

saaya
03-06-2005, 05:35 PM
i see, yeah shipping all the rma memory around the world for rma would be expensive.
are you responsible for the european market then kakaroto? :)
i hope you can get your mail server working again soon, if you need any help let me know :)

A_X
03-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Thanx for your PM OPB! Hope we can get things sorted again :)

Onepagebook
03-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Thanx for your PM OPB! Hope we can get things sorted again :)

Always my pleasure. :toast:

twiggy
03-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Opb, Ygm.

Onepagebook
03-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Opb, Ygm.

email back!

twiggy
03-06-2005, 09:39 PM
email back!

Your a good man! Thanks for your help. :toast:

Dumo
03-06-2005, 10:06 PM
We have to set a standard of which test to based upon. Some Gskill LA/LE can run flawlesly on 3D, sandra and stable for 24/7 daily use. but it failed memtest. Me, personally care less with memtest as long as it ran ok with benching or gaming then is all good.

Zeus
03-06-2005, 10:47 PM
We have to set a standard of which test to based upon. Some Gskill LA/LE can run flawlesly on 3D, sandra and stable for 24/7 daily use. but it failed memtest. Me, personally care less with memtest as long as it ran ok with benching or gaming then is all good.

I've had my Gskill errorfree at 270MHz in memtest, getting into windows was an entirely different ballgame.

I had to back down to 265 to get rid of all sorts of errors in IE and ZoneAlarm for instance.
Also SuperPi at over 2M was a no-go.

Off course one shouldn't give up too easy and blame the RAM, i spend days, trying all sorts of settings, voltage's and slots.
But if you have one stick going 300MHz you must have found the right settings imo, so if the other stick fail at stock speeds with those settings...

OPB, thanks for PM. ;)

kakaroto
03-07-2005, 02:31 AM
i see, yeah shipping all the rma memory around the world for rma would be expensive.
are you responsible for the european market then kakaroto? :)
i hope you can get your mail server working again soon, if you need any help let me know :)

I'm here on XS to help. Any question to me are most welcome!

European users can mail their shops for RMA. I am not the person for RMA. Technical assistance can be done by Kevin, Gskill HQ and I can do some help too.

The easiest and cheapest way to RMA if return the memory to your (local)shop where you bought it. Then they will return that memory to Gskill.

Just what Kevin said about the RMA that almost 90% of the Ram isn't 100% faulty. The main cause is most of the time the memorycontroller that controls the memory or the settings are wrong.
This is a difficult issue because Gskill RAM requires a overclocked system.

Again make sure there is no other bottleneck.
I will write a guide for Dual channel platform (DFI nF4 and MSI neo4 how to optimize Gskill memory on these boards)

bias_hjorth
03-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Okay now its my turn.
I have 1 gb kit LE with 437 tccd. I cant get them to run anywere near stock speeds. I am on this rather old Epox k8da3+ and I tried pretty much every timings / setting. At 2t timings I can boot at 280 but thats about max with these modules. At t1 they are stable around 260mhz 2.83v.
Please let me know what could be the issue. I´ve been talking back and forth with kakaroto on msn a couple of month ago but that didnt gain me nothing.
And its not a htt issue as I can run this board fine all the way up to 350.
The cpu is a a64@3700 2.6 edition.

saaya
03-07-2005, 08:21 AM
I will write a guide for Dual channel platform (DFI nF4 and MSI neo4 how to optimize Gskill memory on these boards)

yeah, i recommended that to kevin as well :)

clockedOut
03-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Im next.....
2x256 GSkill DDR600 LA 440, I have never been able to get these sticks to run at 1T. I have tried them with 4 different winchesters and 1 newcastle and 3 different mobo's
AN8 Fatal1ty, DFI Ultra-D, MSI Neo2.

HELP...... The last test was the newcastle core at stock default timings & speed at 1T Prime & Super PI would fail instantly.

What to do....?

EDIT: I'm just gonna RMA these sticks to NewEg and get replacements.

Damien
03-08-2005, 10:07 AM
I just ran memtest86+ today. At default speed (400mhz), default timings, and default voltage I got 3638 errors and not even getting through test 6 on the FIRST run. Would this be considered RMA'able?

Pic here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/damienisblind/Random%20Stuff/S3010020.jpg)

Edit : restocking fee will be $22! I can't believe they charge you even when it's defective. Think I can get them to wave the fee if I give them a call?

WolfF
03-08-2005, 10:45 AM
I spent time trying to contact for support.

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54156

LA's doesn't run 300MHz 2T Dual Channel 3-4-4-8

:(

Damien
03-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Seems like they work 100% error-free when by themselves. But since it came in a dual channel pack, isn't it still "defective"?

twiggy
03-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Seems like they work 100% error-free when by themselves. But since it came in a dual channel pack, isn't it still "defective"?

Sounds like a mem controller prob to me.

Damien
03-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Even not o/c'ed at all?

mad mikee
03-08-2005, 11:25 AM
The fact that reps from places like Gskill, OCZ, ATI, etc. 'Live' here @ these forums and work so extensively w/ all of us is one of the main reasons that this is my favorite set of forums to visit (And you don't even have to be part of a company to be xtremely helpful around here - information and help just oozes out of the html :hehe: )

Now for some 'obvious' suggestions as to what constitutes buggy memory. (Most of us know this but I am trying to be explicit for any visiting noobs). Alot of this stuff can also be used to push your memory further if it is okay. :)

Patience is a virtue here (and no I don't have any either but I muddle through somehow :D )

1. Sticks should be tested initially at 'normal' speeds and settings (NOT AUTO, put them in!) and voltages (Same as settings).
Need baseline to know if they are getting better :D.
Run the full memtest, not just 5 (once for starters, just to make sure).
Unless they generate 1000s of errors, you should then 'acclimate' them to your system for 1-2 days @ low (normal) speeds + 1 step up on the volts (you can drop it back when testing later) (burnin has saved me many times)

Of course if you are the lucky recipient of damaged goods(1000s of errors @ lower speeds), stop here and check for stupids, then get tech support :bsod: :cussing:

If you have 'borderline' problems - test sticks individually

2. At rated speeds or below, if you get reproducable memtest errors (same addresses, even though maybe different tests) that follow the memory when moved to another slot - buggy memory.

3. Also different sticks usually have a 'favored' slot (drive strength = distance from CPU), Try swapping sticks to see if the # errors decrease and if some errors move w/ the stick.

4. Memory chip settings change for different speeds and I have even had to swap sticks when OCing @ the edge.

I have one stick for 0437 that is a POS(was borderline when I remove the stickers to zap local heating issues, then some bits failed altogether but no stickee - no RMA (OPB, any suggestions? :D ))

OTOH you see in my sig what I have now (and they are SOLID) Partly because of OPBs, etc settings. etc. (And I am leaving the labels on this time :D )

I have 3 3200+, the others don't get near what this one does. I also can't get much over 278 on my neo2. So remember that these speeds require matching hardware (chips and MBs) that are up to the job. We forget sometimes that not all hardware is equal (cough CBBID 05.. cough) etc and that most of this stuff is based on reference designs that are based on FSB standards of 200 Mhz .... We're just the lucky ones that look and find the good stuff (well mostly) :D

kakaroto
03-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Im next.....
2x256 GSkill DDR600 LA 440, I have never been able to get these sticks to run at 1T. I have tried them with 4 different winchesters and 1 newcastle and 3 different mobo's

HELP...... The last test was the newcastle core at stock default timings & speed at 1T Prime & Super PI would fail instantly.

What to do....?

Have you tested the modules on 1T seperately?

I just ran memtest86+ today. At default speed (400mhz), default timings, and default voltage I got 3638 errors and not even getting through test 6 on the FIRST run. Would this be considered RMA'able?

Pic here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/damienisblind/Random%20Stuff/S3010020.jpg)

Edit : restocking fee will be $22! I can't believe they charge you even when it's defective. Think I can get them to wave the fee if I give them a call?

What have you tryed?
Use bank 1 & 2 or 1 & 3. Set everything to AUTO and voltage to 2.6v. What are the results? Important that Drive strength is low (AUTO)
And what are results with only one module in bank 1?

I spent time trying to contact for support.

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54156

LA's doesn't run 300MHz 2T Dual Channel 3-4-4-8

:(

Hey dude, sorry that the problem isn't solved yet.

Tryed each stick separately, both run on Single Channel at 310 T1 2.5-4-4-8.
The cause is most of the time the memorycontroller that has difficult with adressing two modules. On a DC platform this is rear, especialy with a FX-55 processor.

OR the board is crappy. This happend to me with my two crappy MSI Neo4 Platinum boards.

Have you tryed the BOXED cooler? The memorycontroller may fail under zero temperature, unlikely but worth to try.

Let use know.

kakaroto
03-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Okay now its my turn.
I have 1 gb kit LE with 437 tccd. I cant get them to run anywere near stock speeds. I am on this rather old Epox k8da3+ and I tried pretty much every timings / setting. At 2t timings I can boot at 280 but thats about max with these modules. At t1 they are stable around 260mhz 2.83v.
Please let me know what could be the issue. I´ve been talking back and forth with kakaroto on msn a couple of month ago but that didnt gain me nothing.
And its not a htt issue as I can run this board fine all the way up to 350.
The cpu is a a64@3700 2.6 edition.

If the memory is tested seperately and is still faulty, then it might be the controller that is holding you back.
Have you tested them seperately and what are the results? If they do DDR600 or close to DDR600 1T then your memory is fine.

Even though is it a revision 2.6, there may be still problems with adressing more then one modules.
You can see this at the Command Rate you try to run. Why is 2T running better then 1T on my system.

Dumo
03-08-2005, 12:06 PM
I just tried memtest with GskillLA/tccd440@1T and passed 100%..with Ultra-D/bios2.17 and its 24/7 setting....Other than these settings, memtest errored at 7%...Hope this will help....

kakaroto
03-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Running 2x 512 at speeds close to DDR600.

Tip:

Run preamble latency at 8ns and Max async. Latency at 5 ~ 6ns.

Damien
03-08-2005, 08:55 PM
The ram works perfectly by themselves in every bank but slot 3 (i don't use slot 3 anyways). I've tried every possible combination in all the slots, they just will NOT work together without giving thousands of errors. I honestly think it's either PSU related or Motherboard related though.

kakaroto
03-09-2005, 03:44 AM
The ram works perfectly by themselves in every bank but slot 3 (i don't use slot 3 anyways). I've tried every possible combination in all the slots, they just will NOT work together without giving thousands of errors. I honestly think it's either PSU related or Motherboard related though.

which version CPU do you got? or from what week?

This looks like a memorycontroller issue.

Damien
03-09-2005, 06:56 AM
AMD64 3000+ DTR s754 week 01 of 2005.

Skip
03-09-2005, 08:16 PM
how about this guys, i'm thoroughly stumped.

Memtest passes fine for my gskill, even at 320HTT. Yet i can't get into windows with BSOD.

So i take out some centon value sticks, and everything works fine. this sticks can only run 200htt at 3-4-4-7, and won't OC at all. but yet i'm totally stable in windows and won't BSOD will booting windows.

How is it that i can go into memtest at 320HTT 1:1 with memory and pass, yet not boot into windows without bsod?

also when running the centon memory i'm doing 333HTT at 1:2 memory. So i think the 333 would eliminate the board and the memory controller.

Should i go and get my RMA through newegg for the GSKILL? or should i investigate this issue further. I will try the gskill at the same settings as this centon. if it fails, then i know for sure.

Edit: ran gskill at same settings as centon, and it failed. it was like 166 2-3-2.

neokenzo
03-10-2005, 07:18 AM
My LA cant run at 2.5-3-3-7 after 245HTT. Any higher then that, I have to change the timing to 2.5-4-3-7 at 1T. Is this normal?

JNav89GT
03-10-2005, 07:33 AM
had similar problem. I had to set my cas, trp, trcp, and tras manually, set everything else to auto, then work backwards on timings to see what held you up.

how about this guys, i'm thoroughly stumped.

Memtest passes fine for my gskill, even at 320HTT. Yet i can't get into windows with BSOD.

So i take out some centon value sticks, and everything works fine. this sticks can only run 200htt at 3-4-4-7, and won't OC at all. but yet i'm totally stable in windows and won't BSOD will booting windows.

How is it that i can go into memtest at 320HTT 1:1 with memory and pass, yet not boot into windows without bsod?

also when running the centon memory i'm doing 333HTT at 1:2 memory. So i think the 333 would eliminate the board and the memory controller.

Should i go and get my RMA through newegg for the GSKILL? or should i investigate this issue further. I will try the gskill at the same settings as this centon. if it fails, then i know for sure.

Edit: ran gskill at same settings as centon, and it failed. it was like 166 2-3-2.

jagzzzzzzz
03-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Have you tryed the BOXED cooler? The memorycontroller may fail under zero temperature, unlikely but worth to try.

What is a boxed cooler? I have get TONS of errors when at 250 FSB (P4) and I think I have read that memtest will error out with butt loads of errors when there is a heat issue. Is this true?

jagzzzzzzz
03-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Oh and by the way, this should be a sticky because this thread is going to grow!

Skip
03-10-2005, 03:48 PM
i'll give it one more shot. i had only cas-rascas-trp-trfc-trc set manually, everything was at auto. and i just simply can't boot into windows. memtest will run without an error, but it won't go into windows.

twiggy
03-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Got my sticks back today and OPB is the man! Thanks a ton OPB, damn good support.

fareastgq
03-16-2005, 09:20 PM
I think I have read that memtest will error out with butt loads of errors when there is a heat issue. Is this true?

Yes, heat is not your freind, example, pump 3.4 volts into some ram running at 200 2 2 2 timings ie: UTT, I run about 20 passes of memtest 5 error free, after that I start getting errors more frequently, most likely cause = heat. and yes I did test that hypothesis with a big square fan cooling my pc, and presto, no memory errors :) If heat is your problem, you are lucky, it's not really a problem, just a heat issue, if you can't even run memtest error free at stock volts and speeds, you have different problems. I was thinking of swapping my nice window panel for a huge fan, it's about the size of my case and cools, hehe. I could bolt it on.

Zedex
03-16-2005, 11:08 PM
Running 2x 512 at speeds close to DDR600.

Tip:

Run preamble latency at 8ns and Max async. Latency at 5 ~ 6ns.

If I try to run preamble latency at anything other than 5 I can't POST. Is this common for week 31 TCCD LE's?

AMDfan
03-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Hello everyOne !
I got my G-skill LA (440) 2x512 from Newegg.com, and I try to test thoses sticks with Memtest86+ on
Athlon64 3500+ 0.13µ (CPU ratio set to x8, or x9)
Epox 9NDA3+ Nforce3 Ultra
When I test one stick at the time,(in single-chanel) then I can hit 300Mhz 1T cas 2.5-4-4-8 noproblemo ! freeError in Memtest86+ V1.51
But when I tried to run both sticks together (in Dual-chanel) then I get a thousand of errors after 2 or 3 minutes runing Memtest86+ :( even I tried 1T or 2T I still have alot of errors, so I seted down to 290Mhz, 275Mhz, 265Mhz, or even at 250Mhz 2.5-3-3-6 still get errors, what's wrong ? :confused: is my Gskill sticks is nogood in Dual-chanel, or something else ? :confused: someOne can help me out with this problem ? :confused: what can I do to get it run in Dual-chanel :confused:

fareastgq
03-21-2005, 06:56 PM
ok, got my gskill LE's today, bad news, 1 stick has bad memory address, cannot even boot up windows past 200 fsb with 1 stick. if I try to oc it past 230, I get a blue screen, (and the computer restarts when it does boot up to windows) the other stick boots up fine at 200 - 230, past that, it simply just does not work anymore. Both sticks together just would not boot up, period, this is due to the stick with the bad address that blue screens. This is on a known and tested rig which can do 260 fsb at 2 2 2 timings with no memtest errors, I can also hit 275-300 if I use lower multi's with 1 stick, so I know it's not my system. I didn't even run memtest as it would be a waste of time. Help me out here OPB, I simply need a dual channel set that will perform as advertised in dual channel. I feel like I got the sticks that newegg got for rma's or somthing, cause if these are new sticks.... well... I'm very dissapointed. I had very high hopes. Btw, I tried 2.5 4 4 8 and 2.5 3 3 8, it didn't matter which timings I tried, also, the spd timings where 2.5 4 4 8 in the bios, I guess I got some sticks that were supposed to be LA or somthing? maybe someone just rma'd them and stuck the stickers on them when they sent them back, heh, I don't know...But this rig is going to be a show rig and display rig, it has to be able to run. I DON'T want to rma back to newegg, I fear I'll get the same thing again. $280 down the drain..Help me out? thanks.

Skip
03-21-2005, 07:02 PM
i'll give it one more shot. i had only cas-rascas-trp-trfc-trc set manually, everything was at auto. and i just simply can't boot into windows. memtest will run without an error, but it won't go into windows.

well, it appears it wasn't the memory, the system did the same with 3 different pairs. and all the other pairs, and this gskill run like a champ in my Athlon xp rig....

bad dfi ultra-d. gskill rocks!

AMDfan
03-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Hello everyOne !
I got my G-skill LA (440) 2x512 from Newegg.com, and I try to test thoses sticks with Memtest86+ on
Athlon64 3500+ 0.13µ (CPU ratio set to x8, or x9)
Epox 9NDA3+ Nforce3 Ultra
When I test one stick at the time,(in single-chanel) then I can hit 300Mhz 1T cas 2.5-4-4-8 noproblemo ! freeError in Memtest86+ V1.51
But when I tried to run both sticks together (in Dual-chanel) then I get a thousand of errors after 2 or 3 minutes runing Memtest86+ :( even I tried 1T or 2T I still have alot of errors, so I seted down to 290Mhz, 275Mhz, 265Mhz, or even at 250Mhz 2.5-3-3-6 still get errors, what's wrong ? :confused: is my Gskill sticks is nogood in Dual-chanel, or something else ? :confused: someOne can help me out with this problem ? :confused: what can I do to get it run in Dual-chanel :confused:
No one can tell me what can I do ? to be able to run mine LA in dual-chanel :confused:

maxoverclock
03-28-2005, 04:40 PM
big thanks kevin for exchanging my bad LE stick. thanks also for handpicking a new set that does 600 @ 2.5 3 3 6. system is running faster than ever....

cheers :toast: :toast:

EclectiK
03-29-2005, 04:34 AM
Hello

Here I have some problems with my 1 gb of GBLA.
I can't drive them up to DDR 600 with 2.5 3 3 7 at any voltage, and so 2.5 4 3 5 is not that better.

My adata PC 4500 were doing much better.

Rig
Mobo : DFI NF4 Ultra D rev 2.0 : 310 beta 2
CPU : Winnie 3000+
Ram : 2x512 Gskill GBLA

Settings
VDDR a 2.9v

http://verybadman.free.fr/overclocking/testtimmings/25336.jpg

I've tried Idle Cycle limit a 256 and twtr a 3 : no way :(

If you have ane idea please help me

ECK

kakaroto
03-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Hello

Here I have some problems with my 1 gb of GBLA.
I can't drive them up to DDR 600 with 2.5 3 3 7 at any voltage, and so 2.5 4 3 5 is not that better.

My adata PC 4500 were doing much better.

Rig
Mobo : DFI NF4 Ultra D rev 2.0 : 310 beta 2
CPU : Winnie 3000+
Ram : 2x512 Gskill GBLA

Settings
VDDR a 2.9v

http://verybadman.free.fr/overclocking/testtimmings/25336.jpg

I've tried Idle Cycle limit a 256 and twtr a 3 : no way :(

If you have ane idea please help me

ECK

Don't using to much Vddr. Try 2.7~2.8v and see if the errors drop.

IvanAndreevich
03-29-2005, 09:25 AM
EclectiK
Memory controller? Maybe one of you GSkill guys shows write up a FAQ on how to identify mem. controller problems.

EclectiK
03-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Don't using to much Vddr. Try 2.7~2.8v and see if the errors drop.

Well I'll try with that vddr, I'll let you know.

@Ivan : I don't think it come from the mem controller. I'll try with a venice in a few days :slobber: then we'll know...

Thx for support.

ECK

chew*
04-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Im next.....

What to do....?

Um the gskill is picky in the an8 however i have found the sweetspot timings that work on it if anyone wants the timings feel free to PM me

A_X
04-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Finaly got my new set in mail today! :) All seems to well! (TCCD 440 LE), except for the fact that my Neo4 won't run DC anymore all of a sudden... But that's a different issue I suppose. Ram is okay!

jcniest5
05-24-2005, 08:29 PM
OPB, you've got PM. I hope you still read this thread. I really need RMA if you get my PM. Thanks...

ccokeman
08-03-2005, 07:25 PM
I have had some issues with my 4400 le They recently quit running anything above 268 fsb on my 3000 winchester. They were prime stable at 310x8 and now they will do nothing above 268 at any multiplier.Tried a 3200 winchester same issue, Tried a new 3700 and still no go above 268 fsbat any multiplier This is where i run day to day. Not really sure what happened to them but anything above 268 is a no go on all 3 processors.I would think that this eliminates the CPU as part of the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

kakaroto
08-04-2005, 02:31 AM
I have had some issues with my 4400 le They recently quit running anything above 268 fsb on my 3000 winchester. They were prime stable at 310x8 and now they will do nothing above 268 at any multiplier.Tried a 3200 winchester same issue, Tried a new 3700 and still no go above 268 fsbat any multiplier This is where i run day to day. Not really sure what happened to them but anything above 268 is a no go on all 3 processors.I would think that this eliminates the CPU as part of the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you double check the bios, maybe you changed some important settings. Have you tested both modules at running 275MHz 2.5-3-3-7 and do they both fail? In many cases only one is defective, this will inflict both modules in dual channel.

ccokeman
08-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Been through the bios a million times and have checked my settings against the form that i use to keep all of my settings down so that i dont miss anything, Will check again though. . I'll try testing one at a time to see if that makes any difference.

Update* 1 will do 272x9 1 will do 302x9 both well under the CPU's capabilities. It maxes out at 2.85ghz. Testing prime95 on the Good mudule at 302.

ccokeman
08-05-2005, 01:49 PM
passed prime 95 at 302x9 for 16 hrs on priority 10. Looks as though 1 is a little shifty. Still no go if i try and run them any higher than 268 fsb together. Tried the yellow slots just to see if it made any difference(none).

perry_78
08-06-2005, 02:11 PM
DamienKC, now whilst I am no guru at memory, if you're running a DFI NF3 board, the fault could be there. I saw several people who for the love of god could not get dual channel to work in the combination with a DFI NF3 board.

TuKo
08-07-2005, 09:49 PM
http://www.fourmiz.org/~tuko/octane/Image2.jpg

I can't get my GBFF kit stable at 270MHz... 2.5-3-3-7... at 2.6v it won't boot, at 2.7v I get BSOD while booting, at 2.8v I get those "page errors" and at 2.9v only SuperPi isn't stable. Any clue ?

Supershanks
08-18-2005, 08:14 AM
G-skill LA runs better on 754 than 939 ????? (http://www.gskill.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=471)
need help please

Onepagebook
08-18-2005, 08:35 AM
Tuko, did you set exactly same parameters as you post the a64tweaker here under bios? if so, as my experience, you won't boot in windows.
Please check here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71904

supershank,I check the problem you post on the gskill forum, not really sure what your
problem is, PM me if you need further help.

Sir-Gillespie
09-22-2005, 02:36 AM
I had problems with my Gskill PC3200 UTT chips and MSI k8n neo2.

It wouldt boot with two sticks but one stick - fine.

Mn3monic
12-09-2005, 09:31 PM
i just bought gskill fx n oc'ed it till 290.. window memtest 200% coverage pass, super pi 1M & 8M pass.. but fail in 32M... is it ok tu use?

MSI K8N Neo4-F
Venice 3000+ @ 2.61GHz
Vdimm 2.65v
Vcore 1.55v

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/Mn3monic/A3/DRAMSettings.jpg