PDA

View Full Version : OCZ 520w 3.3v rail adjustment

kouch
03-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Hi guys,

I was thinking about getting some ocz vx memory, but I am stuck with my neo2 plat for now so I was just wondering about ways of increasing vdimm. I know the booster will work but that is an extra $40 I don't really want to spend. I have an ocz 520w powerstream so here is my question:

1. How to directly measure Vdimm on neo2 with a voltmeter
2. If I turn up the 3.3 volt rail on my ocz powerstream, will it increase vdimm in turn. If so what other components use 3.3v or will be affected by the increased 3.3v rail.

Thanks.

esoteradactyl
03-03-2005, 09:44 AM
there are 3 ways to get higher vdimm on this board.

1. mod the 3.3v rail directly to the vdimm
2. mod the vdimm using a 2k pot
3. use a booster

If I turn up the 3.3 volt rail on my ocz powerstream, will it increase vdimm in turn
this will not work unless you were to perform a physical mod to the board. it would be pumping more voltage to any component using the 3.3v rail.

if you chose to do #1 then adjusting the rail on your psu will work. it is a very simple mod that only requires soldering one wire on the back of the board.

#2 is tricky. it requires you to cut a trace, which to me is very risky. if your vmod rookie, i would not recommend trying this.

anf of course #3 the easiest of them all, plug and play volt modding :p:

search the mod forum and you will find guides on how to do all these mods ive mentioned. good luck :)