PDA

View Full Version : MSI Ti 4200... kinda dead... help.

KaKa
11-26-2002, 04:34 PM
Fisrt of all id like to congratuate this forum's users for posting do much good info about vmods and stuff.. (I looove vmod.. :) vmoded my G2MX and my dragon + so far)

Here's what happened,last week i put ramsinks in he back os the card and smart that I am i didnt notice that there were some capacitors around the ram chips that were higher than the chips themselfs..

yeah.. burnt one of them... :banana:

after i noticed what i'd done i took of the ramsinks and cleaned all the thermal paste (silicon based, non conductor) and saw this:

"pic" (http://www.ogremondigital.hpg.ig.com.br/Figs/MSI%20T4200%20=(%20copy.jpg)

yeah.. sux...

so i turned i on and my draggy acused it of being dead.. i tried remaking the "solder casing" eith ASII(dont ask me why I did this..) and it booted foir 2 mins and them died.. tried to usereal solder nd it accused it again of bing dead.. I gave up.. :(

I e-mailed MSI and im wating for their answer about RMA..

if I dont succed in RMA'ing it i would like trying to repair it.. (if there's a way of doing so)

so, what would happen if I rippd that Ramchip of?? and if i ripped the little capacitor thingie?? would it work?? (im not really stupid for asking rhis, since my MX here is working vmoded and heavy oc'ed withut one of those..):stick:

Thanks!

Tweaked!
11-27-2002, 04:56 AM
Maybe you could just try to find that type of capacitor at an online vender and try to replace it. Look at the ratings on it and see what you can turn up with google.com:)

KaKa
11-27-2002, 06:33 AM
k, but theres no inscription on the liitle piece.. so how can I identify it?

KaKa
12-01-2002, 02:32 AM
bump..

my V7100 herelost a capacitor like that one and it works fine..