PDA

View Full Version : tablet login

hoodiejuggalo
02-27-2005, 03:31 PM
I've got a tc1100 Tablet PC here from a friend who got it free from her previous job. They said they wiped all the important files off it, except they left all the users on it. (we'll get to that in a sec) Only problem is, you can't log on to it. So I pop in my password reseter (I highly doubt that's a word, but whatever) diskette and successfully did away with the Admin password. Except the only options I have to log in are all domains that we don't have access to. So I have no way to log in to Windows to put the Admin on the log in screen. So, I'm stuck out of Windows entirely. Best thing I can do is get into the Recovery Console, but I've never really used it so I don't know if I can even do anything in there. Safe mode is no such luck either. Hope I explained my problem throughly enough! And deffinately hope someone can help!

Thanks.
Mike

sllywhtboy
02-27-2005, 07:42 PM
try safe mode. that should allow you to log in as administrator.

--slly

hoodiejuggalo
03-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Huh, oddly enough, I've tried Safe mode before, didn't work. You musta did some magic on it or somethin' cuz I tried it again and bam! I'm in as Admin. I've done some looking around on it, and there is just too many programs and spyware and adware and blah blah blah and such to even deal with removing it all. And of course there is no buyable version (that I'm aware of) to reinstall XP Tablet PC Edition, so I don't want to format it cuz then I'd have a nice looking paperweight. I've seen that CDW sells an OEM version, but they were out last time I checked too. Compaq/HP quit making the recovery discs for it, so can't do that either. Anyone have any ideas? I would really hate to have something so nice and free be covered with so much crap installed on it. I need ideas!! I thought about installing XP Pro, then putting SP2 on it, hoping it would recognize it as a tablet and download everything for XP Tablet 2005, but I just have a feeling it wont cut it. Sorry this is so long, just out of ideas!

Kazoo
03-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Try insight.com

hoodiejuggalo
03-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Thank you very much Kazoo! Now I only wish I didn't have to purchase a license for it too. I mean I already have a valid product key, but oh well. Anyone know about putting XP Pro on and seeing what happens? Or does anyone else have any ideas? All I need is the OS. I'm thinking obtaining it w/o buying a new license is illegal though?

sllywhtboy
03-07-2005, 08:58 PM
check bigclearance.com too.

you should be able to contact microsoft and tell them that you have a valid CD key but you lost your CD. they should be able to ship you one for a nominal fee.

If you are calling from the United States, contact the Microsoft Order Desk at the following phone number:
(800) 360-7561, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific time.
If you are calling from Canada, contact the Canadian Order Desk at the following number:
(800) 933-4750, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific time.

If you order replacement media, you can view the status of your order. To do so, visit the Microsoft Web page:
http://status.microsoft.upgrade.com
To obtain your order status, enter the order number and zip code or postal code.

You can also check the status of your order by calling one of the phone numbers that is listed earlier in this article.