PDA

View Full Version : IT7 Problem, any ideas?

Clintonthelegen
11-25-2002, 07:55 PM
I am having a problem with my IT7 mobo. When I try to go into the bios I always have trouble. Sometimes after I hit delete to enter bios I will get a black screen with a big blue line going along the bottom of my screen. When I do manage to enter the bios it will sooner or later just completely freeze up. I have tried flashing to a different bios with no luck. I also tried a different cmos jumper from another board to see if that might be it. I am kind of stumped. It will load windows fine and there are no other problems. If you can help me it would make me real happy :)

Jupiler
11-26-2002, 11:57 AM
Is that whith the cpu oc'ed or not?
Looks like a strange problem. I never heard of that.
MAybe ask ABIT for an RMA.

Clintonthelegen
11-26-2002, 02:41 PM
No it is with system totally unoverclocked. I am gonna rma with newegg and get another.

Clintonthelegen
12-11-2002, 07:14 PM
Well I just got my new IT7 today and I am having the same problems. Freezing when in bios, and when trying to enter bios I will sometimes get a black screen with a blue line at the bottom. Once I make it into windows its fine. Anyone got any ideas?

Jupiler
12-12-2002, 02:13 PM
Can you give your system specs? Looks like a videocard problem to me.

Clintonthelegen
12-12-2002, 02:54 PM
I think you are right. Through various screwing around swapping parts I found out that my Geforce 4 is running close to 70C idle. I can see why this would screw something up but its funny how I am freezing in bios and not windows. Anyway though I took all the junk out of the case and set a 120mm fan blowing on the card and it hasn't locked up yet. I just ordered a Thermaltake cooler along with some other goodies hope this was the problem. I touched the card and it actually hurt my finger. I set the probe on the back of core and it was up to 67C withing 5 seconds ouch. I think I am lucky it still even works.

Clintonthelegen
12-12-2002, 02:57 PM
I also took the cooler off the card, the core is so screwed up it is almost bowl like it is so concave. I can't believe they can let them go so messed up. I think some lapping and new cooler is gonna fix my problems.

Jupiler
12-12-2002, 03:04 PM
Yeah, the GF4 core isn't flat, but concave as you said. Be carefull while lapping it though.
70° is freaking hot. Gainward card??
Maybe you might try with another card, to see if the problem still persists.

Clintonthelegen
12-12-2002, 03:12 PM
No it is an abit siluro ti4200. I will try it with a ti200 I got if it does it again. Thanks for your help.

shadco
12-15-2002, 08:24 PM
If you have any cooling fans powered by the headers on the mobo move them to the molex connectors off the PSU and your blue stripe problem should go away.

Shad

Clintonthelegen
12-16-2002, 06:38 AM
The blue stripe went away I thought from cooling the card but I did have 3 fans plugged into the fan headers before also...

Ulfar
12-16-2002, 06:04 PM
pimpjack also has the same problem. it works sometimes and sometimes it dont.