PDA

View Full Version : Cookies

Privateer
11-25-2002, 10:37 AM
On my main pc something has killed my cookies,i have to log in everytime,ive re run setup,its still the same.
any ideas.

N8
11-25-2002, 10:45 AM
If you're using IE, go to tools...internet options...security tab...then click on "cusom level...". In there make sure that the 2 cookie options are enabled :)

Privateer
11-25-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by N8
If you're using IE, go to tools...internet options...security tab...then click on "cusom level...". In there make sure that the 2 cookie options are enabled :)

Ive done that it still ndoes it.

JBELL
11-25-2002, 12:07 PM
Sometimes the answer is just '' it's microsoft''

try using Opera... seeing your on XP I think you will adjust easily to it and the custom skins are grgeat on it!!

www.opera.com

Privateer
11-25-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by JBELL
Sometimes the answer is just '' it's microsoft''

try using Opera... seeing your on XP I think you will adjust easily to it and the custom skins are grgeat on it!!

www.opera.com

Its working now,all i could change was the cookie folder from read only to archive,if it was that,ive no idea how.

To install Opera do i need to uninstall IE6.

Keeper
11-25-2002, 10:04 PM
Opera is OK, you will never go back.

Smizack
11-25-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Privateer
Its working now,all i could change was the cookie folder from read only to archive,if it was that,ive no idea how.

To install Opera do i need to uninstall IE6.

No you can leave IE on your system. As well as netscape if you have it.

Tweaked!
12-12-2002, 09:01 AM
The only drawback I ever encountered with Opera was the security issues. There's no security for things like credit card payments online. I occasionally use opera for browsing, since it is much faster than ie. But for any purchasing over the net, I do that through IE.