PDA

View Full Version : Pelt problem

NorthernYankee
11-24-2002, 09:27 PM
I hooked up my maze 3-1 today since I was tired of trying to stop condensation with my chiller, those damn bolts were condensating withthe -20c water.

Tell me if this sounds like a bad pelt to you guys...first off I am getting high load temps, in the range of 32c first I thought it was insufficient Rad but its a Aquacoil and my water temps don't break 40c.

Then I noticed something else i was getting a headache, I realized my monitor was flikering whch was causing my headache. First I thought it was my vidcard, no...Monitor, no...hmm maybe the MagDrive pump was doin it, nope again...hmm well the only variable was the TEC turn off the PSU for it and bam the flickering goes away...then just to be sure it wasn't the PSU I unpluged the TEC from it and turned on the PSU, No Flicker, so the pelt must be effecting the Vidcard in some way, Plug the pelt back in...Damn if it ain't back.

Anyone heard of this before?

--NY

KnightElite
11-24-2002, 09:31 PM
I can't say I've heard of that. Have you tried the TEC by itself, to see how much frost forms on it? That's generally a pretty good indication as to whether it's working or not. What power supply are you using to power it?

NorthernYankee
11-24-2002, 09:56 PM
Yeah it gets cold when its off the CPU but no quite as cold as it should IMO...its powered with a 13.8v 25a dedicated PSU.

--NY

NorthernYankee
11-26-2002, 11:32 AM
Well I figured it out...I unplugged the PSU from the Powerstrip and plugged it into the wall across the room and the flickering is gone...That was weird must have been affecting the electrical line.

--NY

Tedinde
11-26-2002, 07:55 PM
Too hard to seal a dangerden or any block with a high power tec, I switched to swiftech's 462-ut 226 watt tec built in. Havnt seen a drop of condensation in 4 months of use. It seals great with the gaskets that come with it. Takes 10 minutes to put on tops.