PDA

View Full Version : Looking at getting into Watercooling

V1t0
02-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Right now I'm just getting very annoyed with all my case fans. I'm looking into the Swiftech H20-120 Rev.3 kit and I was wondering if anybody here has had any experience with it. I will be overclocking it, but not to the extreme. I'm hoping to get to around 4.1-4.2 GHz and have my idle temps be in the mid to low 30's and load temps in the mid to low 40's. Right now with my Thermaltake Tower112 Heatsink I get about 44 idle and 57 load (all degrees mentioned are in celsius) with a 400 MHz OC at 3.85. My system spec's are in my sig. I don't want to spend over $300. Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me.

Disposibleteen
02-15-2005, 09:14 PM
i wouldnt suggest a kit if you want stability up past 4GHz, usually kits cannot give enough flow to keep the prescotts cool up at those clocks, i suggest:
1/2" id tubing
Iwaki pump (japenese)
weapon rad with shrouds
swiftech mcw 6000 block
any reservior you want really

This setup can be had for under 300 and will give you way better temps than any kit currently on the market

By the way Welcome to Xtreme Systems! :toast:

CrimeDog
02-15-2005, 09:48 PM
that swiftech kit is the best kit available, and a great way to start. there are really no weak components. what you'd like for temperatures are a little unrealistic with it though.

what disposibleteen is recommending is a high-end setup, i would say you spend your money elsewhere.