PDA

View Full Version : Delayed write failed

Chipmonk
02-13-2005, 07:07 AM
I am getting pop ups saying delayed write failed while trying to write yada yada yada and it is not alwys to the same file, the anoying thing is that no matter what drive i use ( i have swapped the HD's a couple of times) this bloody thing keeps popping up and i have no patience with it no more and i might just trash the whole bloody lot and get a MAC :mad:

jikdoc
02-13-2005, 07:37 AM
i wish i could help you more. i had this same problem a few years ago and remember that it was a real PITA to resolve. if i remember correctly, my delayed write problems started when i applied some windows tweaks. something with memory cache tweak like large pages or something like that. do you remember doing something like that recently?

Chipmonk
02-13-2005, 08:31 AM
not changed anything as i can tell apart from a defrag :doh:

sllywhtboy
02-13-2005, 05:03 PM
check for hdd failures. check for space. what filesystem on the disks? fat32? ntfs?

--slly

freecableguy
02-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Imminent HD failure...seen this before...

Dissolved
02-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Imminent HD failure...seen this before...

Naw, ive gotten this Alot..

Basically its a memory issue. what happeneds is when your memory is bad or you overclock to high, the processor will send into to the memory and it trys to write to the hdd and it fails to a Stability issue..

Run memtest86+ for 1-3hrs and let the system heat up and see if its a memory issue.

Also Download a S.M.A.R.T Reader program to read the Harddrive Smart Readings. it will tell you what is bad.

Chipmonk
04-28-2005, 11:10 AM
nice one diz i have printed the reply just in case it happens again but thanks its cured now :clap: