PDA

View Full Version : Something inside DFI Ultra-D is burned...

ooztuncer
02-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I am so unhappy and desperate right now... Today, my AS5 finally arrived... After putting the cpu into my cavalier case, I fired up the system... PSU fan, cpu fan, gpu fan, intake fan, exhaust fan, and chipset fan all started to spinning... That relief is gone after 30 seconds (yes 30 not exaggerating)... a thingy inside the mobo first turned into yellow and then red (yes it was burning)... shut down the system immediately... half an hour later, I tried again, nothing was smelling, every fan were working again yet my diagnostic leds were all RED... I did try to boot the system, clear the cmos, change the ram positions, unplug and plug everything again blah blah... Whatever I did, this mobo couldn't see my cpu... I am going to RMA it tomorrow to zipzoomfly, before that let me hear some ideas, comments, condolences...

pablo
02-12-2005, 06:49 PM
that sucks!! is your cpu still good? good luck with the next board

Dumo
02-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Can you take a pic? and post it.....Which components?

ooztuncer
02-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Can you take a pic? and post it.....Which components?

Here it is... The chip closer to the cpu in the red circle...

[G.N.U.]Fragman
02-12-2005, 09:32 PM
i feel with you.........we hope its a one-timer......

MMORPGOD
02-13-2005, 12:51 AM
There are always things to look at when installing a PC, redoing another mobo. The things we regret to do are check wires make sure all are right etc. Make sure you dont have anything touching the mobo that is bare wire exposed or a power cable molex close to the mobo where a pin on mobo might come close contact with an open molex. Sometimes you dont put the led or power wires hooked up right on mobo which can be very bad and burn out a Mobo fast. Make sure next time double check all your wiring and connections and that any memory or video card or PCI items are seted all the way. It can save you hundreds of dollars next time if you would just took the time and double check evrything before turning on the power. :stick:

tictac
02-13-2005, 01:57 AM
:( feel sorry to

Better luck next board :toast: