PDA

View Full Version : Promey head

ronnie0738
11-23-2002, 01:40 PM
On the head of the promey, the plastic insulation fell off. I put it back on, but after that my cooling has been terrible (-22C idle to -9C idle). I checked the contact of the die with new artic alumina, and it was good. Nothing was condensing on the inside, extra seal string around the outside, but the head was starting the condense (around the sides of the top). What do you guys think?

mike.elmes
11-23-2002, 01:44 PM
I would think Chip-Con should be able to help with that. Contact support at their website.

Isn't that the hard white plastic insulation around the cooling head?

Turbo
11-23-2002, 02:01 PM
What I would do is stop using the unit :mad: and wait till you get something back from Chip-Con. They have excellent support but its the weekend so may have to wait till Monday.

JCviggen
11-23-2002, 03:17 PM
If you mean that thin plastic cover on the bottom of the evaporator, then I cant see that being an issue. I have never kept that on any of my cooling heads .... its pretty much a useless piece of plastic and if anything, it would DROP your coolinghead giving better contact. I dont think that plastic thingy coming off is to blame... mount it again without it....? That is, if I am imagining the right piece of plastic

Its-Freezing
11-23-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by ronnie0738
On the head of the promey, the plastic insulation fell off. I put it back on, but after that my cooling has been terrible (-22C idle to -9C idle). I checked the contact of the die with new artic alumina, and it was good. Nothing was condensing on the inside, extra seal string around the outside, but the head was starting the condense (around the sides of the top). What do you guys think?

Hi Ronnie,

Please have a look in your mail box, and check if any of the advise given is able to help you out :D. It was all we could come up with, given the information you provided :cool:

We were not aware that you have brought your issues here too, then we could of course have answered you here as well, but feel free to publish the contents if you fell like it.

For everybody !
please make sure when you forward a support question to Chip-con, to include as much detail as possible, in order for us to catch up with a particular issue you might have, remember we are not standing right next beside you :rolleyes:

If the issue involves anything about temperatures, be sure to state if you are reffering to Display (Evap) or MB reported CPU temps, and at which V-Core, CPU speed/load and ambient temperature, otherwise we are unable to do much with it, except send you a new mail requesting this information, which is not really very productive ;)

Also please note that questions involving only OC'ability issues is really best handled here in the forums, we are not OC'ing experts (nor do we clame to be), but here at XtremeSystems there are bound to be a few, of which I am sure many would happily assist in such matters.

:toast: (I just love those smileys of yours)
Steen

ronnie0738
11-23-2002, 09:11 PM
Thanks C-C. I just got your e-mail and responded.