PDA

View Full Version : Any modders up for DFI NF4?

rockman
02-11-2005, 12:10 AM
I've got a DF4 SLI-DR here and after playing with this board after a few days a realized that it would be much better if you could select the memory voltages higher then 3.2 while running the board off the 3.3v line. You have to move a jumper over to 5v to enable voltages 3.3 to 4v. I would think for stabilities sake it would be more beneficial to run the board with an overvolted 3.3 allowing higher vdimm while keeping the board without the overhead of 5v. If anyone attempts to tackle this i would greatly appreciate it :D

Heres the bios if you wanna take a look at it.

http://www.unstableoverclock.com/bios/DFINF4209.rar

skate2snow
02-13-2005, 03:25 AM
I think that you should take the options that are at your disposition;). That DFI feature is very great.... And not "dangerous"..... PWN can support way more then that;).

Plus, I think to change the options you need a hard mod since its a jumper that enables that feature.

Snowman89
02-13-2005, 03:30 AM
dunno why they even alow us to select over 3.6 because its not working...

skate2snow
02-13-2005, 03:37 AM
Snowman..... I noticed something like that too.... It shows the voltage, but I see no actual difference... I have higher overclocks on 3.5V then on 3.8V when in other motherboards they were reacting well till 3.95V....

Snowman89
02-13-2005, 03:51 AM
Snowman..... I noticed something like that too.... It shows the voltage, but I see no actual difference... I have higher overclocks on 3.5V then on 3.8V when in other motherboards they were reacting well till 3.95V....
well i cant use over 3.6v if i set 3.7 in bios or higher it ust says that xp is corrupted but lowering it to 3.6 i can get into xp...

M.Beier
02-13-2005, 04:37 AM
I use the 2,5-3,2 settings... But still have problems with PWN
Or I dont know if its a problem... They get - according to the probe - up to 73 degrees warm ! - Is that healthy ? - Can it prevent performance?

The computer didnt fail... But ran cpu-stability from 6:30 (was abit late to bed :P) to 11:30

It didnt fail... But it came with an error message... :( - but were still running, the system passed the 32M SuperPI... So im wondering, should I overclock less ? - Or is it fine, while having passed the 32M - Would'nt want it to crash during HL2 or such...

PS: I've heard that DFI supporters should be in the forum...
I have one heck of an issue... My Crucial Ballistix PC4k - ran 277 mhz - no errors (memtest) - on Asus A8N-SLI - Then I changed MB - got alot more cpu clock ;) - But my mem wont pass 250 mhz !?! - What can be wrong ? - I use dimm 2+4... - The settings were T2 on Asus - but was the std. asus bug (cant run more than 235-245 T1) - But even in T2 - on the nF4 from DFI - I cant run over 250 :( - Its quiet anoying... I've made up for the low speed by setting very hard timings... But still...
Any thing I can do to enhance my memory with this card ?

PS: nice board... Mine runs 400FSB(6,5 multi) - 3 HTT - STABLE :D (use 318*8,5 though)

mag|c
02-13-2005, 05:39 AM
My ballistix pc4000 dident work at all in my DFI nF4 SLI-DR, so have bought a G.Skill 4800 kit.