PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going water cooling?

Grov
02-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Well im a major n00b, iam trying to search around the net for info, checking stickies and stuff, im learning a bit.

Iam from the UK, so buying is probably going to be harder. Found this site, www.overclock.co.uk seem to have a good choice of stuff, and some big names from what ive read like Swiftech and Black ICe Radiators are there.

Now currently i have a XP-120, but ive never really been happy with temps, and id really like an increased overclock with lower temps and noise.

Ive got a Silverstone TJ05 case, so it's big, should have enough room for everything. I suppose building my own kit is what i need to do. As you can see in my sig i have a Socket 754 system, which ill be keeping for a while, so everything will need to fit that. If i decide to go water now, how compatible will it be with future 939 and later most likely? Could i keep certain things, this is the main thing that worries me.

I really want a dam good set up here, overclocking first priority, with fairly low noise. My loudest fan at the mo is about 34dba.

Ill just want to cool my CPU and GPU, of which i think ill get a good benefit from my X800 with water, from what ive read.

The Swiftech MCW6002-64 AMD K8 Waterblock looks good:
http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=18114

I dunno, thats about all ive really liked, lol. I have no idea about pumps, or tubing, clips, the radiators there look good.

Is it possible for me to get what i want from that site. Anyone got any other good UK suppliers?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance. :)

Grov
02-09-2005, 09:13 AM
After reading the sticky at the top, how does this set-up sound?

Im gonna have to read up loads more and stuff, on how to install:
GPU Block (http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=18154)
CPU Block (http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=18114)
Pump (http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=17372)
Radiator (http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=17511)
Tubing (http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=17524)

Hmmmm, thats pretty dam expensive. ;)

Am i mising anything that id need? Clips or stuff? Obviously need some water as well, lol.

Butcher_
02-09-2005, 10:13 AM
UK suppliers:
www.overclock.co.uk
www.over-clock.co.uk
www.coolercases.co.uk
www.thecoolingshop.co.uk
www.watercoolingshop.com
that's about your lot.

That setup looks pretty good. You'll want to check compatibility of that GPU block as I'm not sure it can be mounted on an X800.
Things you'll need:
Barbs for the radiator (you'll be wanting to get these online as they need to be NPT).
Hose clamps (can get these from b&q or such as well as online).
Some water (suggest distilled or deionised), some water additive (antifreeze for cheap, or one of the water cooling targetted mixtures online).

If you want to save a few quid you could get cheaper tubing, though the tygon will be better.

Gogeta
02-09-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm using the Silverprop HL on an X800 Pro...works just fine. Use metal worm drive clamps for securing the tubing to fittings. If you have room for 120x38mm fans, they are preferred over the thinner 120x25mm fans. If you take the time to set it up correctly and efficiently route your tubing, you should be very happy with your first adventure in watercooling. :thumbsup:

Don't forget to add dust filters to your intake fans! Dusty cores kill watercooling temps.

Grov
02-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the replies lads.

Yeah im pretty sure the GPU block fits X800's. I suppose ill want some ramsinks as well? Anyways go into that later.

The other online stores don't seem to have as much as the one i quoted.

What are barbs?
Where would i look to buy those clips? Id want the best clips i could find, as im a noob and i wouldn't want it leaking, doh. Don't seem to be any clips or anything to buy extra at overclock.co.uk Does the CPu block come with clips and that bracket? i assume it does?

So everything is compatible? Suppose ill need 2 120mm fans. Ive got a Thermaltake 120mm fan, the thunderblade, would 2 of these be good enough, push 75cfm i think, though id prefer em to be quiter?

Are there any good links for setting up a water cooling system, like the order to out stuff in?

I also can't seem to find any reviews of the Fusion HL block, but everything ive read says it's really good. Gonna search for some reviews on the CPU block.

Again thanks guys, i appreciate this, water cooling should be sweet. :)

Butcher_
02-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Clips look like this:
http://store.over-clock.com/jclip.jpg
Can be found at any good diy/hardware shop. Also over-clock sells them.

Barbs are the bit the hose goes over. ;)
Try these (http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=17786). You can also get 40º and 90º angled versions.

Grov
02-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Ok, cool cool. So how many of those barbs would i need?

Found this site as well, http://store.over-clock.com/Water_Cooling.html seems that tubing is really expensive, is it worth it? I don't wanna get cheaper stuff if it's not very good though.

So id need how many clips? 4 for the blocks? 2 for pump, still need to learn a bit i think. Well overclock aren't in stock with the GPU block, so ill be waiting till they are.

Should i get a shim or whatever there called on the radiator?

Also ive read a few things saying the pump is a little noisy, would i be better of getting another? from elswhere, if so what.

Pretty much set on the blocks, they look really good. is the radiator fine as well?

Dam this takes some research lol.

idleuser
02-09-2005, 11:55 AM
You shoud secure all tubing that you can put a clamp in. 2 for the cpu waterblock 2 for the gpu 2 for the radiator and 2 for the pump and yes the pump is a bit noisy I would not recommend it if you're going for a low noise setup. If I were you I would get the new MCP350 it runs in 3/8 fittings and I would go for a dangerden maze 4 gpu for lower flow restictions (silverpop is a flow killer). If you want a 1/2 system all you need to do is buy barb adapters from the pump to the larger tubing. 3/8ID coverted back out to 1/2ID.

Butcher_
02-09-2005, 03:09 PM
2 barbs for the radiator.
2 clips per item in the system usually (so 2 for pump, rad, res, each block).

Quiter pump you might want to try the eheim 1250.

scottk
02-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Like previous poster indicated, if you want a low noise solution, try another pump. I have Eheim 1250's and a Swiftech MCP650. The MCP650 has an annoying whine, sounds like my dremel. Eheim 1250 on soft foam is virtually inaudible. The MCP650 sits in my closet until I find a way to shut it up (already tried running on a rheostat on low, still too loud)

Could also consider Swifty MCP350 or AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12 (which is same as older Swifty MCP600). Don't have direct experience with these, but judging by feedback on other forums, these pumps are quieter than the MCP650 and deliver pretty good specs.

MaxxxRacer
02-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Your setup looks good except for a couple of things you can improve on.

1. The thunderball fans are great case fans but SUCK for rads. they are relatively quiet, but have very little static pressure which is essential for radiators. in short your flow will be very low. I would normally say get sanyo denki fans but they are near imposible to get right now.. So i would sugget panaflow 38mm thick 120mm fans.

2. As scottk said the AquaExtreme 50Z woudl be a better choice. It is quieter and has higher head pressure and is 12 volt and is the same price

3. the BIX is a good rad, but overpriced and it needs a shroud. If you contact weapon here on the forums he will mod you up a heatercore and shroud for 68US plus shipping which willl outperform the the BIX. Im not saying the BIX is bad or anything, just that you can do beter for less money is all.

Grov
02-10-2005, 06:43 AM
K, cool i can get the Eheim 1250 from elsewhere, £10 cheaper as well but how good is it? Is it still good?

How about these radiators?
http://store.over-clock.com/ThermoChill.html

ThermoChill HE120.2 ? Already has a shroud as well is this what iam after?

Ill look into some other fans then. http://store.over-clock.com/Case_Fans.html the store sells panaflo, but they are very loud at 40dba, the 38mm thick one's? Is it worth getting the thicker one's? Ill have to run these on 7V are they good enough at that? Hmmmm surely i can get some cheaper fans that are just as good? I mean 13quid for a dam fan?

AquaExtreme 50Z pump you say? Ok but im fom UK and i haven't seen this one yet.

Thanks for ya help everyone i really want to get this right. :cool:

Oh here is a link to my case:
http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj05.htm

Where would i put the radiator and stuff, i have no idea about setting it up.

Lots of questions again. :)

Jimbo Mahoney
02-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Hey Grov.

I'm from the UK too, but today I ordered two Aquaextreme 50Z's from the states. Together with a couple of bits (a Y splitter and T-piece thing), it came to bang on £100 inc shipping.

Of course, I'll get stung VAT and admin charges when they reach me, but you pay £100 ex shipping for two D4's, which are louder and not as good as these MCP600 / Aquaextremes.

Re: Radiator. If you really want to get it right (and save yourself £50), buy a radiator from Ebay and fit barbs yourself. I bought a huge one for £10 and secured some barbs into the hose fittings with some plumbers epoxy.

Of course, the rad is going to be external, seeing as the core alone is 30cm x 40cm :D

zeebs
02-10-2005, 02:15 PM
I have the HL, 650 pump, BIX2 like you were considering. Good combo. I wouldn't recommend 38mm thickness fans for your rad simply because they are a B**** to mount. Maxx Racer, do you have any 120mmx25mm fan suggestions for the rad? How about some Papst? I need to replace my 38mm Panaflos because I could never mount them properly and they are just sitting atop my case ATM :\

MaxxxRacer
02-10-2005, 02:16 PM
The eheim is a good pump, but to be honest, its very oversized for the amount of flow it will give you and will put in alot of heat into the system compared to other pumps with greater head pressure (better flow).

The thermochills are good radiators, but a pit pricey in my opionion. The "shroud" they come with cannot be called a shroud. its just mounting positions for the fans. the fans are pressed right up against the fins, thus defeating the purpose of the "shroud". So techically they do not have a shroud.

Me, I would get a weapon heatercore and shroud. It has what I have been reccomending since weapon started modding the heatercores and starting making the shrouds. Everyone that has gotten one is incredibly pleased with the work he does and the performance of them. They are both cheaper than the 120.2 and perform better... PM "Weapon" if your interested.

The panaflows are good fans. those 38mm ones are the ones that you need to get. You can run them at 7 volts and they will be very quiet. About as queit as the thunderballs at the same voltage. Yes they are expensive. The Sanyo denkis are 5 US dollars (3.5euros or 2.5pounds) but they are hard to find. Every supplier that we found, we drained their entire stock.

the 50Z is only in the US. You can talk to some of the guys in the UK. One guy is selling a brand new one (only used it for a few days) and they have all ordered them from cooltechnica.com out here in the states.

Thats a nice case. Bezel is the same as the coolmaster wavemaster. To be honest, I dont see any place to put a full sized rad in there. It would fit very nicely on top of the case, but i dont know if you would wnat to do that. the case isnt very tall so it makes it impossible to put it in the front, as well as the fact that the bezel would not allow this.

Butcher_
02-10-2005, 04:31 PM
The eheim is a good pump, but to be honest, its very oversized for the amount of flow it will give you and will put in alot of heat into the system compared to other pumps with greater head pressure (better flow).
The 1250 only dumps 9W, which is quite low as pumps go.

MaxxxRacer
02-10-2005, 05:47 PM
is that coming cathar butcher? I could have sworn its heat dump was higher

zeebs: There is no such thing as a good 25mm fan for thick rads like the BIX's and hte HCs. none of them have hte needed static pressure to get decent flow. If you show me a pic of your system I can help you mount your 38mm fans correctly. If you ahve 38mm panaflows you should really stick with them. They are the next best thing to the sanyo denki fans.

Butcher_
02-10-2005, 08:33 PM
I thought it was too, but 9W is cathar's number and that's good enough for me. ;)

MaxxxRacer
02-10-2005, 08:42 PM
oh ok.. well then... If someone else would have given me that number i would have argued, but coming from cathar I know he checked it out.

Grov
02-11-2005, 05:22 AM
Hmmm, don't really fancy ordering from the states.

Reading the best pump thread here, the Swiftech MCP 350 seems like it's good. I can get one for 50quid. It's also nice and small and quite, would it suite my needs? Seems it better for more restrictive systems.

Ok you recommend these radiators by Weapon, ill send him a PM then. Yeah i thought the 58quid was a bit pricey for a 120.2.

So your really do reccommend those Panaflo fans 38mm's? Overclockers.com are selling some Sanyo Denki's, dunno if there the one's you mean?
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Sanyo_Denki_73.html

Hmmmm, fitting the radiator in the roof? is that an option id rather keep everything inside How exactly would i use it with it outside.

This is beginning to put me off, eheh

Ive also been reccomend a DD TBX or RBX block instead, what your opinion on this?

Where is this bloke selling the pump in UK?

MaxxxRacer
02-11-2005, 12:01 PM
those arnt the right fans. Those are 25mm thick, and you want 38mm.

The TDX and RBX are excelent blocks. IT is what i usually reccomend to someone with a more powerful pump. the TDX is a two barbed version of the RBX. The RBX will outperform the TDX though. The TDX was designed to make it easier to setup in a cooling loop. Anyway, if you use the accelerator plates #4 or #5 on them, they will outperform the WW. the RBX will outperform it by a larger marging though.

But it should be noted that a mcp350 will not accomplish this. the mcp350 will never go above one gpm. the tdx and RBX suck until you hit appx 2gpm. To do that you would need atleast a mcp600.

the bloke is here on the forums. He is in the watercooling section. i think it is bacon if im not mistaken.

And yes i do reccomend the panaflows. they are pricey, but they are really the only good alternative to the denki fans.

As to the radiator fitting. You could have the rand attched to the inside of hte top of hte roof and the fasn sticking out of the case on top. Or you could mount the entire thing to the top of the case, having it all external. but if you have a small case there is NO way around this. That is unless you wnat to build a rad box.

Grov
02-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Hmmmm interesting. There should be room in the roof, it's a very deep case. So the Swiftech is a good choice with my pump? Hmmmm should i go for more powerful pump then? Like i said trouble is, UK sucks for buying. Ill try and se if Bacon is selling one of the better pumps. :cool:

http://store.over-clock.com/Case_Fans.html Which panoflo fans then mate? First or second?

It says on the site the Delta 120mm is perfect fr the Thermochill radiators. If i decide to get one of them would they be better?

I sent Weapon a PM about his radiators. :)

Question about the loop.

Ive seen that the best order is pump> radiator> CPU block. What is the order with a GPU block in there as well? Does it come after the CPU block> Surely then it's using warm water?

Thanks a lot btw MaxxxRacer and others. :cool:

MaxxxRacer
02-11-2005, 05:37 PM
The swiftech woudl be the best choice if you keep the DDC. with the mcp600 the TDX or RBX would be better. Yah i know about your woes about getting stuff in the UK. Cooltechnica will ship the pump for like 15 pounds i think though.. out to the Uk that is.

It is actually the 3rd fan. You will want to use a fan controller as they are noisy at full voltage. But the speed is there if u ever need it. its better to have more than u need and to be able to tone it down.

Well you could get the delta but they are noisy as hell. they make most other fans seem quiet when both are run at 12volts. They said hte deltas are best becuase at full speed they have the highest static pressure of any fans.. but they dont undervolt well.... If you went with the thermochill i would still go with the panaflow.

It would be pump>rad>cpu>gpu. Yes the gpu will get warmer water, but it will be by about .1C... its not noticeable.. Loop order doesnt have alot of effect on the cooling. But having hte rad after the pump is a little tiny bit of a performance booster.. not much but its there.

Grov
02-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah the 3rd one, i meant the 2nd one out of the 2 120mm's.

I do have a fan controller, but i had a bad experience with a Tornado, it made an anoying noise at 7v, these better not be the same.

Well Bacon ain't selling the 50Z. If i buy one from that store, iam sure ill get slapped by customs.

What do you think i should go with mate?
6002, MCP350, Silverprop, Tygon tubing, 2x 129mm Panaflo 38's, and a radiator, thats the one iam unsure off. It will most likely be the Thermochill if i can't buy what you reccomeded.

Thanks for replies, getting excited about this future set-up. Just a litle unsure on setting it up, but iam sure ill be ok.

What yu reckon to this? Pump infront of HD cage, tube upto roof, with radiator in roof, to CPU, then to GPU, then back to pump along bottom of case.

I take it the fans would be blowing outwards like blowholes on the radiator in roof?

MaxxxRacer
02-11-2005, 07:18 PM
well you can always ask weapon if he would be willing to order hte mcp600 for you and put it in along with the rad.

well if you have a PWM fan controller you might have problems. the linear ones like the sunbeam dont make any noise with the fans...

Grov
02-12-2005, 06:33 AM
K, thanks maxx, ill ask if he can ship me a MCp600. If he can i swap out the Swiftech block for the Dangergen TDX?

The heatercores look great. Probly get one with shroud, as pricing works out great with he Dollar so low! :p:

For 91dollars i can get the Heatercore, Shroud, all mounting hardware and 2 x 120mm San Ace fans? How are these are they any good mate? Should i buy that combo?

PWM fan controller? What you mean?

MaxxxRacer
02-12-2005, 11:29 AM
That combo is the best u can get. I exclusively use san ace fans. Weapon even mods them for extra flow and lower noise. The shroud is neccesary when using a HC.

With the mcp600 you can switch out the blocks. The TDX would perform better with the mcp600.

PWM fan controller works by not actually lowering the voltage at a constant level, but varies between off and full 12 volts. Its like a little oscilator. so it turns hte fan off and on at an incredibly high frequency. So its not a constant voltage like 7 volts. And when u measure it with a volt meter it doesnt show up right either i think.

The linear ones like in the sunbeam controller (imo one of the best fan controllers that i happened to stumble upon) low the voltage at a constant rate. so if you set it to 7 volts it stays at 7 volts. its a REAL 7 volts. The downside is that they do it with resistnace and thus produce more heat. granted the heat isnt alot, but its there. The upside to having the steady voltage is that they are generally quieter. Meaning that the fans are quieter. Alot of fans dont respond well to the pwm controllers and make wierd noises. Also with the linear ones you can usually get the undervolting lower than with a pwm.

Grov
02-13-2005, 06:04 AM
Sweet, ill go for that combo with the heatercore then.

No word on if i can get a MCP600 yet.

My fan controller is a Vantec Nexus, been good to me so far.

Just gotta measure up in my case, make sure it fits in the roof.

So i bolt the heatercore to the roof upside down and the fans blow upwards, through the core, and out of the case, like top blow holes? just wanna clear that up, sorry.

If i get the smaller MCP350 pump which is looking likely now, is it really worth me getting this quality heatercore?

Got the bits i know to get now, thanks MaxxxRacer.

Ive decided not to skimp and ill get Tygon tubing, how much should i get in Meters or Feet?

Also what water do you use? I see all these different kinds, what would i need from here http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/home.php?cat=746 or here http://www.watercoolingshop.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=43

Also what do you think of the Dangergen 12V-D4 Pump as it's quite easy to get hold off in UK? Is it a better choice than the MCP 350, or not?

Grov
02-13-2005, 06:24 AM
Theres no way in hell even a Thermochill 120.2 will fit in the roof of my Case. It's 297x125x50 and that massive, how the hell do youguys fit these in your cases, i thoght my case was big. :confused:

Guess this :banana::banana::banana::banana:s up eveything, project cancelled, i have no idea where to put it now.

The only thing i could do i suppose, it move my Drives down, and then id have enough room in the roof, this is what i need help on most i think, the set-up. :)

MaxxxRacer
02-13-2005, 12:11 PM
well the D4 is a good pump. Its a bit noisier and runs a bit hotter than the mcp600 b ut its a good pump. Compared to the mcp350, the D4 has almost the same head pressure, but the D4 has like twice the flow capacity. the max flow on the mcp350 is 1gpm. so it will NEVER go above that unless you mod it for more flow. But the other flip side is that he DDC (mcp350 is much smaller and quieter than the D4)

To fit these big rads we mod the hell out of our cases or we build rad boxes. The more extreme of us build our own cases entirely. Kind of like I am in the process of doing.

The other option is mounting it externally on the roof of your case. If you get the weapon heatercore I will chat with Malph, about mounting hardware. He helped out one of the other members to get it nicely mounted.

Grov
02-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Yeah id appreciate that very much if you can sort somet out for me, thanks! :toast:

Looking at it i panicked a bit, there should be plenty of room if i move my optical drives down.

So the radiator basically just bolts to your case? I have plenty of access to drills and cutters, which my dad will be doing for me.

If the D4 is noisy i won't get it then, i definatly want this system to be fairly quite. The 350 certanly is appealing for it's size and noise, iam just a little worried if it will perform well enough.

Iam really trying t get hold of a 50Z or MCp600 but it's really hard to do being in the UK.

Can i order from that place that sells the 50Z in the states? and they will ship it over? Would it really be worth doing that, or just going with the 350.

MaxxxRacer
02-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Well it would give you a nice performance boost over the DDC. also if you are going to use 1/2inch tubing (i suggest it) you will be better off with the 50Z. Yes cooltechnica sells to the UK. I think its like 15pounds to ship it to the UK.

Well you mount the radiator to the shroud and then to the fans. you can have them sandwiched inbetween the case at any point. So you can have the rad internal but the shroud and fans external. Or you can have it all external. I should note that with the shroud fans and radiator the whole setup is closing on 5 inches thick. So part if it will most likely have to be external. that is 2 inches for the rad, 2 for the shroud and 1 for the fans.

I can do a little mock up in paint if you dont see what i am talking about. Also do you have a pic of ur system. It would be alot easier to show u what i mean if i had a pic.

the 350 is a good pump but would be best suited with a mcw6000 or 6002. well 6000 actually as it is 3/8

zeebs
02-14-2005, 02:28 AM
If I were him I would still get the 6002 instead of the TDX. True, the TDX will perform "better" with the mcp600, but the benefits would only be fractions of a degree centigrade. The 6002 is cheaper, I say get that, unless your mind is already made up.

Grov
02-14-2005, 02:48 PM
K. Maxx ill post some pics of my case tomorrow, ive got a digital camera, so they will be good, thanks a lot.

Id appreciate a paint drawing, yeah, i think i know what you mean. 5 Inches? yeah that is pretty thick, how do you go about having part out the case and part above? it might just fit all in?

Ill be back 2moro with some decent pics. :)

MaxxxRacer
02-14-2005, 06:10 PM
zeebs, the two blocks are the same price... maybe 5 dollars difference max.

Grov: to put the shroud and fans outside, you would cut a hole the size of the heatercore (but have it slightly smaller so the HC and shroud have a lip to pres up agains) and drill the 4 holes for the shroud bolts to go through the case and hook onto the shroud. when you get the pic i will show you.

EnJoY
02-14-2005, 07:46 PM
The 6002 performs worse than the 6000 even with 1/2ID tubing. Dunno why, but Pro Cooling doesn't lie... :/

MaxxxRacer
02-14-2005, 07:50 PM
yah that is a good point... lol.. its becuae of the reduction in size of the nozzle i think. It probably cuases some serious turblence.

EnJoY
02-14-2005, 10:14 PM
The 6002 has a reduction in size of the nozzle? How so?

Grov
02-15-2005, 03:29 AM
Ive got a 50Z coming soon hopefuly courtasy of BAcon, so ill probably go the TDX Dangergen right? makes more sense with that pump?

Well here's the pics:
Hard Drive area, with front 120mm fan just visable:
http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Host/Images/PICT0122.JPG

Roof, looks messy, but i can easily move cables for Heatercore. There is about 380mm from the PSU, to the front, with no drives of course.
http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Host/Images/PICT0123.JPG

Whole Case: Notice the Dual 80mm fans blowing on Memory, shouldn't be a preoblem should they?
http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Host/Images/PICT0124.JPG

Front Panel open:
http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Host/Images/PICT0120.JPG

Width of Top:
http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Host/Images/PICT0119.JPG

MaxxxRacer
02-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Here is what i was talking about. I think its pretty game imo. the 6000/6002 blocks were never made to be 1/2inch....

http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/images/products/MCW6002/mcw6002-transparent.gif

Grov: I have to leave right now but when i get back (around 10 or 11pm) I will do some paint pictures for you

Grov
02-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Ok mate, so whats that pic off.

Iam swapping the 6002 for a TDX now iam getting a 50Z pump, btw.

bacon
02-15-2005, 07:41 PM
thats a cross section of the 6002 i belive or maybe the 6000

yes the pump is on its way, maybe a week or so

mcnbns
02-15-2005, 07:54 PM
The major difference between this block and the MCW6000-A previously tested is (i) the use of 1/2" barbs and (ii) the use of a tapered inlet to reduce the ID of the central barb to 0.27" and increase water velocity.

http://www.procooling.com/reviews/html/swiftech_mcw6002-a_waterblock_.php

Grov
02-16-2005, 05:26 AM
BAcon has been helping me out loads, thanks mate, hehe.

Seems the TDX is a bit more ackward to fit and i want ease of use, so im gong back to the 6002, it's not much worse is it?

Hope you can get these pics up today maxx. :)

MaxxxRacer
02-16-2005, 08:21 PM
lol grove. how is the tdx hard to fit? if ur on a64 its the same mouting procedure as the mcw6002...

I will get the pics up as soon as I can. Ive been really wiped out from school.

Grov
02-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Bacon says i need to buy nozzles or somet and has adivsed me to get the 6002.

MaxxxRacer
02-18-2005, 12:33 AM
yep. u need to get the nozzles (on teh dd site along with the block) to get the max performance from the setup. 6002 is a nice block. either way u wont loose..

EDIT: I update the post with the paint pictures i promised.. well one is a crappy photoshop job to demonstrate what i mean. the black spot is the hole. the rad would be the blue thing and the shroud would be the wierd colored thing. the paint picture depicts it much better.

Grov
02-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks, the 2nd picture is good, it's what i thought, yeah.

What do you mean by the bolts don't go through the rad? how the hell do you secure it to the case then.

Is there any advantage to having the fans and shroud out of the case? Surely noiser?

If you can fit it all in the case, is it better?

Im waiting on word from Weapon, don't seem to get much repsonses, but iam sure he is well busy.

MaxxxRacer
02-18-2005, 12:52 PM
see here is how they mount whyen you have everything on one side of the case. Like if everything was internal you could set it up like this. but with the setup i showed you, where those bolts are, will be a cors beam going frome one bolt (short lenght not on the same side of the core) to another bolt. There were would be two of these cross members. Malph makes from from plexi.

Tehre is no advantage. It just takes up less space in ur comp. thats all. I like having it all in my case, but its personal preference you know?
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22124

Grov
03-08-2005, 03:55 AM
Hey maxx, just thought id bump this. Got me pump, it's quite heavy, ehehehe.

As for the heatercore i think Weapon has nearly finished it, cant wait heheheeh.

Iam seriously thinking about dropping the Fusion and ordering a Maze 4 Acetal and get it this week for same price. I mean iam not gonna notice any difference am i, and ive heard it's easier to mount.

As fpr that mounting of Rad, i think i get it. I really need to check it out first, iam sure it will b easy enough. :)

Craig
03-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Well you could get the delta but they are noisy as hell. they make most other fans seem quiet when both are run at 12volts.

This was once true, and still is depending on model selected.

120 X 38mm Tri blade Low Speed

76cfm @ 34dba

I submit Maxxx that this is hardly loud as hell. Compares really pretty well with the Panflos 120 X 38mm low & med. speed fans.

But beware of the older model Deltas.