PDA

View Full Version : Good tips'n tricks for vapor phase...

ZubZero
11-22-2002, 12:18 PM
There are some really good input in the Vapo forums with evaporator simulations etc.

The threads are:

here (http://forum.vapochill.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1230)

here (http://forum.vapochill.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1377)

here (http://forum.vapochill.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1316)

and here (http://forum.vapochill.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1326)

ZubZero
11-22-2002, 02:27 PM
Well I guess we can agree on one thing here in life - a vapor phase cooling system includes an evaporator - yes?

Also how do you transport the heat from the evaporator to the die the best way?

These thing are described in a very professional and correct way. Of course you will not see how braze, bend tubes etc. in a manufaturer forum, but these things are nice to know for DIY people.

aenigma
11-22-2002, 02:42 PM
This could only come from you ZubZero ;)

hahaha the thread about aseteks -62c evaporator system is funny.They came out with that to try and make a point,that they actually know how to make something that gets sub -40c.But he said that is has a low charge, so what do you bet their (sub -40c) system can't handle a load.Either way I wouldn't try an evaporator design from them if you made me....

|PuNiSh3R|
11-22-2002, 08:59 PM
Well I guess we can agree on one thing here in life - a vapor phase cooling system includes an evaporator - yes?

Also how do you transport the heat from the evaporator to the die the best way?

These thing are described in a very professional and correct way. Of course you will not see how braze, bend tubes etc. in a manufaturer forum, but these things are nice to know for DIY people.

If you are not able to "read through" the corporate biz. well then you should stick in here of course...

I couldn't make sense of 1 sentence you tried to make.. I'm not flaming you.. I'm dead serious.. I didn't understand this post at all.

sharpbw
11-23-2002, 11:01 AM
Hey ZubZero, thanks for the links. There is some good info in there.

ZubZero
11-26-2002, 01:11 PM
My whole point was/is actually, that the information is not only for Vapo people, but also for people who want to build and optimize their own evaporator, as there simulations of different designs etc.

TheDude
11-26-2002, 01:27 PM
After re-reading the links, your point is well taken:D
But probably most helpful to Vapochill owners who want to mod them.

aenigma
11-26-2002, 02:55 PM
Well you see, people who make DIY evaporators, actually do it right. :)

I read through some of those link.These links aren't valuable to DIY'ers, nor vapochill owners.Because vapochill owners usually don't design differant evaporators for their units :)
Good DIY'ers don't take advice from a company that can't keep a cpu cold.

sharpbw
11-26-2002, 08:03 PM
Well, I found the links interesting, and no, I'm NOT a Vapochill owner, or will ever be one. But I guess you "gods" of phase-change will continue to tell us newbies what is and isn't interesting reading....

|PuNiSh3R|
11-26-2002, 08:33 PM
I wasn't bashing vapochill.. but this thread shouldn't of been started with the name, DIY info.. because that was way misleading which is what pissed me off.. not to mention ALL links went to vapochill forums.. wtf is that?

mike.elmes
11-26-2002, 08:35 PM
With all the new Prometeia owners on this great site, I hope this
Particular forum evolves to be half as good as some of the other great forums here. :)

No flames please, but *** **** it, I wish we could all live and let live.I used to spend a lot of time at the Vapochill Forums and garnered MUCH great info there. I would love to see some new blood in here. We are all adults, and Phase change is an interesting and very incredible technology for overclocking. Hell, I now have 2 Vapo's and a prommy and will be looking to mod my prommy to get even lower Temps.

aenigma
11-27-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by sharpbw
Well, I found the links interesting, and no, I'm NOT a Vapochill owner, or will ever be one. But I guess you "gods" of phase-change will continue to tell us newbies what is and isn't interesting reading....

No, you have to figure out for youself, then you can hang with us. :rolleyes: :p

Sure the links may be "interesting", I got a kick out of em. :D
But they sure aren't helpful to DIY'ers.

TheDude
11-27-2002, 02:11 AM
I admit the DIY was misleading...the interest I had in the links was possible mods to my old vapo, but it was not a big enough deal to cause problems.

There is talk of possibly splitting this section into seperate sections to avoid this kind of confusion in the future.

sharpbw
11-27-2002, 06:19 AM
Well Aenigma, show us how to make a evaporator that works better than the one on a Vapochill. Notice I didn't say throw more HP into the compresssor, or use a different gas. ReENGINEER the evap. unit.

I've see a few nice evaps by Bowman and Baker, but I haven't seen one by you. Care to share your knowledge with us?

And yes I am a newbie to this stuff, but I will catch on fast....

bowman1964
11-27-2002, 07:08 AM
well i am going to try something in the next couple of weeks you guys will love i think.
as you all know me, and i have been making evap blocks for a while.i do not flame vapo or prometia owners because we all have differant ways of doing things and not all of us are able to build a system like i build.
but i have purchaced a used vapo to play with.i should have it in a week or two i am going to see if i can improve on the cooling buy a number of things.
first thing is improve the cooling buy means anyone can do.(like fans, rewiring ,extra insulation stuff like this)
second by changing the refridgerant or system pressures to see if i can make a improvement.
third change the evaperator. but i am not going to change the system componants like compressor/condensor.bare with me this is a side project .my main project is still my complete refridgerant cooled system.cpu/gpu/chipset/memery

TheDude
11-27-2002, 09:06 AM
bowman1964,

I think a lot of us will be interested in your results...be nice to be able to mod those old style vapos for better performance.

sharpbw
11-27-2002, 09:28 AM
That sounds very cool bowman, looking forward to what you find out.

|PuNiSh3R|
11-27-2002, 09:35 AM
Bowman, I bet if you put a good .028" cap tube on and run it through or right along with the suction line you will see a big jump.. I doubt changing from r134a will do much.. if anything i'd change to 290.. You'd probably kill the compressor with 22.. You could do 404a tho probably..

bowman1964
11-27-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by |PuNiSh3R|
Bowman, I bet if you put a good .028" cap tube on and run it through or right along with the suction line you will see a big jump.. I doubt changing from r134a will do much.. if anything i'd change to 290.. You'd probably kill the compressor with 22.. You could do 404a tho probably..

well if i did use .028" cap tube it would take over 12ft of tubing.and that will give you 165 watts of cooling....and since the compressor wont pull but maybe 130 watts or so i guess that would not work too good.even if i could find .028 " capillary tubing that long.which i normally comes in 10ft lenghts.with the size of the compressor(which i doubt would even be able to handle it) it would proberly flood the evaperator and cause a rise in temps because of excess refridgerant not boiling off and that makes the low side rise causing the temps in the evap to rise.
proberly changing to .023" capillary 67"inches long will pull off about 125 watts of heat. thats if i used r134a which i wouldnt.69" of capillary if i used r404a and 50"of capillary if i used r12.that is all rated at a evap temp of -23c and a 125 watt heat load

but i am just going to have fun with it anyway ,so really dont matter.it is just a hobby nothing serious.
but i know how to if i want to.

you only live once let have some fun:D

aenigma
11-27-2002, 02:10 PM
Sharp, For being a newbie.. You sure lip off to people that know what they are talking about a lot..

I agree :)

sharpbw, I am not going to show my block to you.You wouldn't even understand it, since you are a self admittent newbie and all.

Now vapochill units need much more than just an evap obviously.But I was not talking about fixing vapochills, or anything of the like.I said that I wouldn't look for info at vapochill forums to make a DIY block.I don't know what the internals of the vapochill evaporator is designed like.Heck, they think it is the vapor that cools. :rolleyes:

If I had a vapochill, I am pretty sure I could get it working better with a new evap, and some tweaks.

|PuNiSh3R|
11-27-2002, 03:10 PM
Wait.. Please.. Maybe I'm an idiot.. but why in hell does vapochill need like 3 meters of cap tube? and why if you used .028" cap tube would you have to use 12ft? This is ALL very simple.. vapochill went ahead and complicated the whole thing.. I don't really understand what you are saying bowman.. you can just mod the vapo to use 2.5ft of .028 and I bet you would get the best performence from it. I really don't see where the hell 12ft of cap tube makes its way into a vapochill!

TheDude
11-27-2002, 03:53 PM
I edited this thread, leaving what I thought to be useful information, pro or con. I also edited the DIY from the title, even tho these links go to info about heat transfer and other things that can be applied to all Phase Change, the title suggested a DIY specific thread, which is not the case.

I see that JBELL has created a Pre-Fab and a DIY section and moved this thread to DIY as it seems to have ended up going more in that direction.

JBELL
11-27-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by aenigma
I agree :)

sharpbw, I am not going to show my block to you.You wouldn't even understand it, since you are a self admittent newbie and all.

Was saying this even neccessary??

Guys from now on I am sick of my PM box full of complaints - vapo threads are now under zero tolerance for flaming and even if it isnt but sounds like flaming - matters will be taken!

Stop the childish garbage please...

|PuNiSh3R|
11-27-2002, 05:48 PM
I think that comment was very necessary.. it seems like some people around here get a killing flamming people and then someone else who is an established member who actually helps DIY'ers and has stopped flaming vapo and prometeia owners and pre-fabs in general gets a 3 day ban for defending himself.. shyt has hit the fan here and this forum is going to hell with flames because of of this pre-fab BS.. just my 2 cents and i think my opinions are validated... Just a general observation of this thread.. there is a HUGE bias here to pre-fab units and even your DIY forum now is being filled with pre-fab garbage. DIY has nothing to do with pre-fab units at all... pre-fab is for people that want peltier temps but want the title of being a PHASE CHANGE COOLER.. DIY is for people who want sub-zero temps and want the title of building their OWN phase change unit.. big difference between the two.

Hardass
11-27-2002, 06:08 PM
I think that comment was very necessary.. it seems like some people around here get a killing flamming people and then someone else who is an established member who actually helps DIY'ers and has stopped flaming vapo and prometeia owners and pre-fabs in general gets a 3 day ban for defending himself.. shyt has hit the fan here and this forum is going to hell with flames because of of this pre-fab BS.. just my 2 cents and i think my opinions are validated... Just a general observation of this thread.. there is a HUGE bias here to pre-fab units and even your DIY forum now is being filled with pre-fab garbage. DIY has nothing to do with pre-fab units at all... pre-fab is for people that want peltier temps but want the title of being a PHASE CHANGE COOLER.. DIY is for people who want sub-zero temps and want the title of building their OWN phase change unit.. big difference between the two.
Let me tell you something seeing as you can,t make a post anymore without making a comment about being banned for 3 days. in the bottom right corner of every post is a little statement that says " Report this post to moderator " instead of using this you insist on so called defending yourself. If you or anyone else gets flamed or attacked, thats there for mods and admin to handle it. Not you. Another thing if you think this forum is going to hell because of prefab garbage taking over, why do you stay? Don,t tell me you stay to help the people that want to learn how to build a DIY unit. You have a bad habit of lumping everyone into one group to suit you. I bought a prefab unit, and could care less about getting a so called Phase Change Cooler title. You need to get off the high horse your on and try to just state facts or opinions without all the derogatory crap thrown in.

JBELL
11-27-2002, 06:15 PM

very necessary?? no... not VERY necessary and not wanted here - I broke up the prefabs and DIY threads for a reason - to stop this stupid fighting - if you cant keep your mouth shut - I can make that happen - yes that is an administrator threat as a 3 day has taught you nothing,

aenigma - That goes for you too.

If you don't like DIY or you dont like pre-fabs - stay the hell out - if you post in here and SLIGHTLY flame someone it will now be clear that is your ONLY purpose and THAT will lead to INSTANT permanent banning! Think I'm an aSs? Mess with HArdaSs he is now in charge of this problem and I fully support he decisions and he won't be as light on you as I was ... your high horse pillar will be knocked down cuase nobody should be treated the way you talk to members!

Are we crystal guys?? ENOUGH!

aenigma
11-27-2002, 06:36 PM
Must you keep talking about me, when I have obviously stopped posting in this thread? :confused:

I don't flame anyone, and I don't plan on it.I was just replying to his sarcastic comment.Far from flaming....
I got the point the first time you commented on what I said. :)

|PuNiSh3R|
11-27-2002, 07:12 PM
Can I ask what Vapor Compressor Phase Change is?

Hardass
11-27-2002, 07:19 PM
Fixed!

|PuNiSh3R|
11-27-2002, 07:57 PM
Now we just need a mod for this forum.. one that actually knows about phase change cooling.. Then things will be set.

JBELL
11-27-2002, 07:58 PM
Now we just need a mod for this forum.. one that actually knows about phase change cooling.. Then things will be set.

as soon as we are not needed to babysit tempers and behavior then things will be set.

Hardass
11-27-2002, 08:02 PM
Why do you feel you need a mod here that knows phase change cooling, in order to post in this forum? If there is a problem=Report this post to moderator, will bring more then one!

|PuNiSh3R|
11-27-2002, 08:50 PM
It's not Vapor Phase Change.. that is pretty redundant.. you can't have phase change with out vapor.. and everyone here should knwo that a phase change is from a liquid to a gas...

We need a mod here that' knows about refrigeration so when people are out of line on things they can be set straight.. I tried to set these vapochill newbs straight and I get banned.. that is why we need a mod here that KNOWS something about the topic they are supposedly moderating.. all you guys are doing is stopping §§§§ from flying.. if we actually had mods here that knew §§§§ about refrigeration this topic wouldn't of had these problems.. cuz the mod would of corrected things..

Hardass
11-27-2002, 09:01 PM
It's not Vapor Phase Change.. that is pretty redundant.. you can't have phase change with out vapor.. and everyone here should knwo that a phase change is from a liquid to a gas...

We need a mod here that' knows about refrigeration so when people are out of line on things they can be set straight.. I tried to set these vapochill newbs straight and I get banned.. that is why we need a mod here that KNOWS something about the topic they are supposedly moderating.. all you guys are doing is stopping §§§§ from flying.. if we actually had mods here that knew §§§§ about refrigeration this topic wouldn't of had these problems.. cuz the mod would of corrected things..

A Mod,s job is not to go in and set people straight. mods are only here to help, if it,s needed. This crap started because you don,t know how to make a point without pissing people off. try thinking about what your saying before you type. try just once to look at what you are saying from someone else,s point of view. There is no reason for all the flaming and fighting over a piece of equip and how to build it. You don,t like prefab, someone else does, that does not make them wrong no matter what you think. You want to stay here and have conversations with people about this subject you are welcome to. No more trying to rule this subject matter. Everyone else here gets along in this area, why is it such a problem for you?

|PuNiSh3R|
11-28-2002, 09:45 AM
It's not a problem for me.. but go ahead and pick on me and make it sound like it is such a problem for me.. I guess you like to keep busy with trying to pound my ass...

JBELL
11-28-2002, 11:10 AM
It's not a problem for me.. but go ahead and pick on me and make it sound like it is such a problem for me.. I guess you like to keep busy with trying to pound my ass...

Whats your deal??

I was on your side bro... but that was becuase I was un-informed on who you are... I went back and traced your posts.. all you do is flame and yell at people, you have a lot of knowledge and know what your doing - that I will not deny, but your attitude is :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: and that cancels out any value you may bring cuase XTREME is NOT [H]!! and it will NEVER be that way. If you think I am picking on you - for that I am sorry but that is like the pot calling the kettle black... all you do is attack and call people idiots - well first off no one is an idiot ... but there are people who are ''MORE INFORMED'' and for that should NEVER be a strike against those with a passion to learn and the willingness to listen to those few who know the facts. Even with your knowledge - you were a newb once and I am sure some of that knowledge came from reading on forums and asking, so why should it be that now you know - everyone is expected to know??

I swear boy get yourself checked into some therapy! cuase you got this slight ego-tistical paranoid bi-polar behavior problem and it is getting old really quick....

You are welcome here - but the attitude is not, cuase I am not gonna tolerate it - I don't care if you knew the meaning of life or next week lotto numbers... cuase I don't have time to be your babysitter.

The point about a mod - you do NOT need a mod to ''set things straight'' unless your talking about fixing all of yours and johnny's posts.... cuase you can't watch your language and you can't stop flamming people.

A forum thread can run and HAS run beautifully without moderator supervision many times before as this site has always had a history of well informed people who knew now to behave themselves and showed tremendous respect towards the staff's wishes on behavior.

Hardass
11-28-2002, 11:42 AM
To all members!
I have banned PuNiSh3R. We can not have one member here on the forum who stops others from enjoying the ability to learn and have a simple conversation with other members. I don,t enjoy banning any member from this forum, but this time I felt he gave no choice.

Hardass.

PiLsY
11-28-2002, 10:00 PM
But I wanted to know next weeks lottery numbers :(.

PiLsY.

sysfailur
11-28-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by PiLsY
But I wanted to know next weeks lottery numbers :(.

PiLsY.

We have a comedian in our midst! :P

PiLsY
11-29-2002, 07:29 AM
Well someone had to lighten this thread up a bit - was getting a bit depressing in here :p.

PiLsY.

JBELL
11-29-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by PiLsY
Well someone had to lighten this thread up a bit - was getting a bit depressing in here :p.

PiLsY.

:toast: :toast: :D

bowman1964
06-16-2003, 12:58 AM
glad to have in this forum,and you are right this is a great forum:D

texuspete00
06-16-2003, 06:20 AM
FIrst time I saw stuff that bad here. Good idea on the bannage... Worst by far.

bowman1964
06-16-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by pc ice
bowman im changing over from water to vapor. and i have a pic of the compressor and im going to need help thats for sure.. so you think as i go along you could give me alittle advice ive read so much now and im ready to start building this..

could you tell me what the grill on the bottom is..

well pic is bad but the lower coil looks like the condensor. :D