PDA

View Full Version : need different hose.

Torinalth
11-22-2002, 05:28 AM
ok, I had that standard clear hose you got for like 4 dollars for 10 feet... and its crappy. when it removed it to test something the hose cracked, and it kinks really easy....

I need to find hose that can get around that problem.... also that crappy stuff kinked really easily... is there one that is more rubber based and less plastic based? and hopefully one that will stretch, as I might us copper bends or hose barbs to get better angles.... any ideas?

Torinalth

N8
11-22-2002, 05:54 AM
Tygon tubing is definitely the way to go....I use 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD & the stuff plain rocks. Its over $2/ft, but well worth it. I order it thru McMaster CARR since we order from them daily here @ work, but you can get the same stuff @ dtek or becooling :)

Torinalth
11-22-2002, 06:09 AM
know any place in stores? running on a deadline and need it soon!

Torinalth

N8
11-22-2002, 07:51 AM
Hmm, local you mean? Good luck with that, lol. I'm sorry, can't help ya there...but if ya happen to find somewhere local that sells it, let us know...I'm sure it'd benefit others :)

Torinalth
11-22-2002, 08:11 AM
blarg.... know how much McMaster costs for overnight?

Torinalth

N8
11-22-2002, 09:02 AM
We order from McMaster every day and always get the stuff the next day via regular UPS. Shame tomorrow is Saturday...........

Torinalth
11-22-2002, 09:16 AM
yeah.... just ordered from mcmaster with ups RED to make sure it was here as fast as popssible... got a call just now after ordering maybe an hour ago and they said it already left the warehouse.... then the girl and I chatted for a bit about my little business and how it got its name.... then verafied that all looked fine and gave me a direct line to a guy that could help me with prices of tube, and connectors.... good stuff ehh?

Torinalth

N8
11-22-2002, 10:02 AM
Ya, though priced a little high, McMaster's shipping rocks. :)