PDA

View Full Version : problems uninstalling nvidia firewall / NAM (nf3)

Jamo
02-04-2005, 04:16 PM
hi guys, i've always used the 5.10 nvidia mobo drivers however i wanted to change and give the new 6 series ago, but i found i have to uninstall the network access manager drivers first, so i went into control panel as you do but when i click remove the loading bar appears, gets half way and just dissapears :confused:

i tryed uninstalling them in safe mode however i got a windows installer error and something about because its running in safe mode, so any ideas how to uninstall the NAM??? the mobo drivers go on fine but i cant get the NAM drivers to install cos it says i have to uninstall the old ones first, but i cant :stick:

anyone else had this problem? its really annoying me as i liked the nvidia firewall but now it wont work as i have the new mobo drivers installed but it wont let me uninstall the NAM drivers, this means i have to use crappy sp2 firewall and its leaving me a little paranoid :rolleyes:

any help on this matter would be much appriciated, cheers guys :toast:

reject
02-05-2005, 04:38 AM
i had to format :(
keep away from network manager and nv ide drivers

Jamo
02-05-2005, 04:42 AM
hmm, dont really wanna do that think i might make the most of sp2 firewall lol, wonder what the problem is though, i mean the drivers were WHQL so should have been tested better