PDA

View Full Version : Powerstream and Cable Sleeving

z_tru
02-02-2005, 07:26 AM
Good Day!

I am an OCZ Powestream 520 user eversince i visited the states last september and was able to get it cheap there. anyway, i live in the Philippines so i try to take care of the PSU very well to avoid any problems trying to RMA it with you guys.:)

anyway, my question is with sleeving the PSU with Nylon Sleeves. is it ok to open the PSU so that i can neatly tuck the sleeving inside the PSU or by doing that will void my warranty? i know there is a warranty sticker in one of the screwholes so i need to remove it to open up the PSU. so basically, im just pushing my luck and hoping you guys are linient about it.:)

another thing, if opening the PSU is not possible, ill understand. but what if i sleeved the PSU, will you still honor the warranty? or do i have to remove it before i try to RMA it?

thanks for reading and good day.:)

RyderOCZ
02-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Hello,

No, if you open the PSU your warranty is void. You can sleeve the cables provided you do no remove the molex connectors, this will also void the warranty. :)

Thanks

D_o_S
02-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Hello,

No, if you open the PSU your warranty is void. You can sleeve the cables provided you do no remove the molex connectors, this will also void the warranty. :)

Thanks

Um, can I ask how you know that I have removed the molexes?

RyderOCZ
02-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Well if the sleeving is obviously of a diameter that won't go over the molex's....you must have removed them to get it on. :)

D_o_S
02-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Yes, that makes sense.

eric418
12-03-2011, 09:21 AM
You may consider buying sleeved PSU cable extension instead if you are worrying about warranty.