PDA

View Full Version : linux on slim line PS2?

jopers1986
02-02-2005, 04:11 AM
i was just wondering if it was possible to put linux on the new slim line ps2, i know it is possible on the previous one!
any help would be great
thanks

craig588
02-05-2005, 07:43 AM
No it wasn't, you are thinking of the Xbox.

Den Leiw
02-06-2005, 11:41 AM
@craig588 : it is possible to do that on the bigger version

but no it isn't on the slim one since it needs an hdd

p0rl1n
02-06-2005, 12:01 PM
its being worked on.
yesterday from ps2ownz:
"We received word via e-mail today of a RUMOR that an anonymous coder known only as automan has got a standard IDE HDD working with the PSTwo v12 console. Up until now, the only way of accomplishing this was through the upcoming (in final debug stage now, release pending) USB-Loader using an external USB HDD. Although quite vague, according to automan his method is is done "via a combination of hardware and software modifications."

However, automan also states that "it is not released yet, nor it will not be publically released in future. If we ever see this method to be available, it will be done either by a team that will join me in order to manufacture this discovery, or by someone kind enough to develop a free solution for all us PSTwo owners." Those wishing to discuss this can do so in our PS2 HDD Chat Forum, and attached below is a picture of the automan method for what it's worth."

smokey
02-06-2005, 08:57 PM
No it wasn't, you are thinking of the Xbox.

Sony is still selling Linux for PS2 outside the US... need I elaborate further?

jopers1986
02-08-2005, 09:22 AM
i already have linux running on the old larger PS2, with a kit, but i was wondering if you could on slim line model, technicaly you can't as theres no expansion slot for the HDD, but i've been readin up on it, and you can boot using the "diskless client project!
LINK REMOVED
so lets to see what this automan has to sya finaly!
so thanks people, and keep posting with info! :D