PDA

View Full Version : Is there a bios for DFI NF3 250GB That Has Memtest Included?

chr
02-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Just curious.

RaptorRaider
02-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Yes... just curious or do you want links? :p:

chr
02-01-2005, 10:54 AM
lol yes, links are great! :toast:

chr
02-01-2005, 12:26 PM
found it, and it works great. it also gives 3.2-4.0v vdimm in bios too, although im not sure how safe that is. i'll stick with 3.2v for the vx until i read other peoples stories.

btw i got the file over at dfi-street

Elisha
02-01-2005, 12:31 PM
VX is safe even at 3.5v

Lestat
03-05-2005, 08:06 PM
3.5 might be safe but it dont mean anything when your PSU can only supply 3.3v

you MUST mod your psu to go over 3.3v in order for the vdimm hack to work above 3.2v or have a psu with adjustable pots. and then you go playin around too much and your gunna fry something in the psu or motherboard.

alot of people have reported that the voltage, no matter what setting you use sticks at 3.1v, i am one of those poeple, no matter what voltage setting i use with that hacked unstable bios, the max it will go is 3.1 or rather i should say the max that is reported is 3.1v

BUT you wanna know what really kicks ass,,,, DFI themselves have included memtest into their latest Beta bios, i am using it right now and it runs 100% stable and i have no isues to report at all.
PLUS! it included the new Bank interleaving for the ram which improves performance alot and also improves overclocking.

so frankly unless you need to go higher than the highest DFI setting of 3.1v there is no need to use a hacked bios that is proven to be unstable and has issues.(ocz is one of the only ram makers that warenties their ram past 3.1v of course alot of their stuff is proven to run fine at 3.5v and 4v lol)

go with the DFI real beta bios that has zero issues and included memtest.

isp
03-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Try out tictac's modded BIOS:
http://s6.invisionfree.com/underclock/index.php?showtopic=407

or is that the one you got? if it's not could you link me to the one you found on dfi-street...thanks! :)