PDA

View Full Version : Weird, very weird windows problem

justwOo
01-31-2005, 10:58 PM
hello
I recently got some new hardware and ended up corrupting my previous windows xp pro installation in the process

So, happily I went installing WinXP Pro again
But now when I'm in windows, I'll randomly freeze or certain things that I do, so I guess it's not too random..
For example... adding songs into my winamp playlist... it'll just use the flashlight to search for my c: drive, then winamp will freeze and shut down
or sometimes when I click an outside link (like a specific folder address or url) from inside a program like MSN, or Mirc, then that program, as well as the new window it opened will also freeze, taking out any other IE windows I may have had open in the process
It also freezes at the end of every single installation I do, it will freeze and stop responding at the very end, but the program still works fine once i exit out of the froze installer..

I've tried different ram at different voltages and speeds, alnd all the rest of my equipment is completely stable

This is the first time I've used this specific windows xp disk to install, but could it really be the disk?
Because it's freezing on third party programs as well as its own,..
I've tried reinstalling 3 or 4 times and the same thing every time
I've run checkdisks, scandisks, defrags, and a host of third party program to tes tmy hard drive and it seems fine

I plan to try to installing XP on my other comp, and see if it does the same

But anybody know what could be happening before i reformat my other comp?

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the long post!

jjcom
02-01-2005, 02:18 PM
take out your new Hardware. If it works, then your new hardware is culprit

jjcom

justwOo
02-01-2005, 02:23 PM
I tried it with different ram in it and that was the only new hardware I got other than my watercooling

So confused :(

jjcom
02-01-2005, 03:01 PM
watercooling...If it were a leak I would think you would notice more than that...possibely not very good conact maybe?

jjcom