PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking Documentary

trans am
01-31-2005, 06:53 PM
ok, it's not really a contest, but what if we made an overclocking documentary? like little movies strung together. sorta like the shamino 3dmark2003 video, but no music or fancy stuff. But we make it with more personality. Just send plain unedited footage and I'll add the bells and whistles. something that really captures all the different characters and why you overclock. And show some shots of your system and talk about your current modding projects and your overclock goals. How much money you spend annually on parts..etc. How much time you spend on the forums. etc. etc. I think there is such a wide range of characters on xs that could contribute something. you could send your footage to me and I'll edit it all together and we'll make this amazing movie about the sub-culture of overclocking. The beginning of the movie will have a quote from conrad.maranan's signature, "OVERCLOCKING - The process of installing high hopes, dumb luck, and several paychecks into a rectangular box which transmits a signal to a screen that displays your fate. The outcome is usually depressing." We could even get some footage from people in the industry like dfi or OCZ and ATI. We have a lot to work with. What do you guys think?

mcnbns
02-01-2005, 06:09 AM
I think this is a very cool and amibitious project.

We need to get lots of people onboard for this to be really good, though.

lalPOOO
02-01-2005, 07:46 AM
Seems like it'd be a neat project, only problem is that the big overclockers don't have a lot of time for that kind of thing, and most of the people who aren't that big are really young. Don't think it'd be as funny as trailer park boys either :p:

trans am
02-01-2005, 08:22 AM
We'll I am making this documentary regardless and I'm going to submit it in a local new york city film festival. I just thought it would be nice to have more people involved. I am going to contact some others directly. If anyone is interested, you can PM me. :)

lalPOOO
02-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Sorry if I came off negatively, I actually think it'd be a pretty cool idea. I just wanted to bring up some of the problems you may encounter. :)

blinky
02-01-2005, 11:23 AM
i had this same idea a while back and would be interested in helping you out, and i could tell you some ideas i had for it

YGPM

trans am
02-01-2005, 11:50 AM
You didn't have the Shroud of Turin idea with the 10100101 animation did you? http://www.shroud.com/ Or the Korean kid who passed out in the Orlando Mall for playing Mortal Kombat 7hrs straight without eating or taking a break?

shadowing
02-01-2005, 03:51 PM
I think it's a great idea. The only problem is getting the Overclockers to help out.

trans am
02-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Well, chilly1 is willing to help, and I think Fugger would be down. I think Opp would do it if I asked nicely. I have contacts at DFI, ATI, and OCZ. I seriously think we can make this happen. I am going to call it C.H.I.P.S.

CTKP
02-01-2005, 04:38 PM
erik estrada invited?

trans am
02-01-2005, 05:28 PM
No, but Paris Hilton and The Crocodile hunter(steve irwin) are.

mcnbns
02-01-2005, 06:20 PM
What does C.H.I.P.S. stand for?

trans am
02-01-2005, 06:29 PM
I don't know yet, help me think of something related to what we do...

computers hitting infinite processor speeds?

blinky
02-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Well, chilly1 is willing to help, and I think Fugger would be down. I think Opp would do it if I asked nicely. I have contacts at DFI, ATI, and OCZ. I seriously think we can make this happen. I am going to call it C.H.I.P.S.i have contacts at the other place, do you have aim so i can talk to you about some ideas i had

zeebs
02-02-2005, 03:41 AM
This idea sounds really cool! I am new to this forum but I am in the process of builing up a new rig now and wouldn't mind sending in some quick worklog type footage and some clips of the finished product, deatiling the results. I would be glad to contribute, for what it's worth.

FallenAngel
02-02-2005, 05:46 AM
Awesome idea, as soon as I get my rig prepared I could send you a little movie

blinky
02-03-2005, 12:07 AM
ok since trans am wont PM me or tell me his aim, im gonna lay out some ideas i had

I think the main component should be user submitted video. the submitted video can include all types of things. what i was thinking of is having a standard set of interview questions that could be published somewhere, and people could videotape themselves answering any or all of these questions. the questions shoudl be about the history of OCing, the basic concepts, and personal questions like what they love about it, what they hate about it etc. anyone can submit these, top benchers, and your average Joe OC. then we should have user submitted videos of volt-mods, benching, and cooling (DI/LN2 and Phase and Water and Air). each one explaining about the different methods and techniques used in OCing.

(optional) -- we could have specific interview topics for top of the orb benchers, one thing that comes to mind is asking macci about his breaking 10k in mark03, cuz i know that was a real challenge.

i have contacts at the "other" site and can see if theyd be willing to contribute, this can be a project independant of either site.

the interesting appeal of this documentary for me is that with the medium of internet forums doesnt give the full experience of benching besides the one i can have with myself and a friend or two. i think it would be fascinating to be able to see other people doing all the OCing related stuff on video.

bxa121
02-03-2005, 12:48 AM
dang! i had the same idea.. i thouigh itll be really cool to do a movie about me fixing up somit, kinda like the toms hardware movies, etc.
oh well you posted it first...alls good.
i had the ideathat id put some ocing stuff in there and then like a mini cut outs of some funky stuff like what other things im interested in and stuff.
your idea is cool. you can get loads of peeps to contribute from allw alks of life and with other varying interests who are all united by one common thing, ..overclocking.

its a cool idea.

reject
02-03-2005, 03:03 AM
great idea
what other site? XR?
will it be just ocing or other :banana::banana::banana::banana: too?

blinky
02-03-2005, 11:11 PM
great idea
what other site? XR?
will it be just ocing or other :banana::banana::banana::banana: too?i would assume an OCing documentary would be about. ...... .... .... OCing :stick:

D_o_S
02-04-2005, 04:34 AM
I'm willing to help, my friend has a 3 Chip CCD camera (at least I think that's what it is), but how do I get the video over to you?

reject
02-04-2005, 05:28 PM
i only asked because the poster above me had that idea and i wondered if i had read the topic wrong

trans am
02-04-2005, 08:48 PM
OK, guys, maybe you are getting the wrong idea. I am not into the idea of a straight benching movie, this has been done. That is going to be really boring for a lot of peeps. I want characters and interesting dialog. just people being themselves and how their lives surround overclocking. I was almost looking at it like a Mock-umentary like Trekkies or Best in Show. This is a total comedy! It's a chance to relax and not take ourselves so seriously and laugh at what we do. I mean, cmon! The whole idea of overclocking is pretty funny....

ok since trans am wont PM me or tell me his aim, im gonna lay out some ideas i had

I think the main component should be user submitted video. the submitted video can include all types of things. what i was thinking of is having a standard set of interview questions that could be published somewhere, and people could videotape themselves answering any or all of these questions. the questions shoudl be about the history of OCing, the basic concepts, and personal questions like what they love about it, what they hate about it etc. anyone can submit these, top benchers, and your average Joe OC. then we should have user submitted videos of volt-mods, benching, and cooling (DI/LN2 and Phase and Water and Air). each one explaining about the different methods and techniques used in OCing.

(optional) -- we could have specific interview topics for top of the orb benchers, one thing that comes to mind is asking macci about his breaking 10k in mark03, cuz i know that was a real challenge.

i have contacts at the "other" site and can see if theyd be willing to contribute, this can be a project independant of either site.

the interesting appeal of this documentary for me is that with the medium of internet forums doesnt give the full experience of benching besides the one i can have with myself and a friend or two. i think it would be fascinating to be able to see other people doing all the OCing related stuff on video.

sorry, i have been out of this thread for a while. check your pm. I don't use aol. so no AIM.

I'm willing to help, my friend has a 3 Chip CCD camera (at least I think that's what it is), but how do I get the video over to you?

burn it to a dvd in mpeg format and PM me and I'll give you my shipping address. you could also convert to a ful dvd but I would spend lots of time decoding and recoding. so Mpeg is easiest to work with.

blinky
02-18-2005, 10:59 PM
trans am get on msn sometime

Aphex_Tom_9
02-18-2005, 11:05 PM
computers hitting infinite processor speeds?
:toast:
MICROCHIPS-
My Incredible Cooling Really Overclocks Computers to Hit Infinite Processor Speeds

shadowing
02-18-2005, 11:11 PM
:toast:
MICROCHIPS-
My Incredible Cooling Really Overclocks Computers to Hit Infinite Processor Speeds

LOL Perfect title!!

trans am
02-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Yeah, that's nice! Guys, trans am is going through some rough times. My life has changed completely since I first posted this thread. I broke my engagement with my fiancee and had to move out(she owned the place) now I am looking at apartments tomorrow am. Sorry I haven't really been on xs lately. I'm not ignoring people, just having some serious life changes for the better. I was with her 3.5 years. it's a long time, but we are too different. I'll be back and we will finish the documentary soon. Just need to get my life straightened out so I can concentrate on bigger and better things. I just got my chilly1 single stage from reggie and havent had the time to set it up yet because of everything. thanks for your support. :)

kryptobs2000
02-19-2005, 09:21 PM
wow, sorry to hear that, gl with everything, hope it all works out for the best ;)

jjcom
02-19-2005, 09:49 PM
yeah, sorry to hear about that. Hope you get things strainghtened out Good luck on that and the Doc. :)

jjcom

shadowing
02-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Good luck. Hope you get things straightened out. :)

jikdoc
02-20-2005, 06:22 AM
has anyone seen the pbs documentary about trekkies? i think this is what we should model our documentary after. now before you knock it, watch that documentary. it was pretty good, even if you're not a star trek fan. and my offer stands, you can crash at my place til you move in to a new one TA, whether you want to is another story...

trans am
02-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Thanks Jinu, you are a great friend man. I am so impressed with your orb scores and you have come such a long way in overclocking in such a short period of time it blows me away! Just so everyone knows, look at jikdoc's sig and see for yourselves what this guy has accomplished. It blows my mind! 2005 is going to be a great year! And the documentary is going to be tough, but it can and will be done. We are all going to have to work hard to make this dream a reality. Thanks for everyone's support. You guys have no idea what it means to me. :)

chilly1
02-21-2005, 06:23 AM
I am very happy to see you got it. I am still a littel worried theat it survived the shipping they can ba he## on the stuff shoipped at ups.
Sorry for tehbreakup.
O well good luck //

blinky
02-21-2005, 04:04 PM
oh man thats tough :(

ill be on msn waitin for ya ;)

thesaucier
02-21-2005, 09:06 PM
OK, guys, maybe you are getting the wrong idea. I am not into the idea of a straight benching movie, this has been done. That is going to be really boring for a lot of peeps. I want characters and interesting dialog. just people being themselves and how their lives surround overclocking. I was almost looking at it like a Mock-umentary like Trekkies or Best in Show. This is a total comedy! It's a chance to relax and not take ourselves so seriously and laugh at what we do. I mean, cmon! The whole idea of overclocking is pretty funny....

Kinda like why my clothes are in a basket on the floor most of the time because my drawers are full of computer parts. Or When I would stay up all night benching in winter with below 0 temps outside and the windows open before good cooling then sleep in all day?? Or making my rounds at 230 am when our neighborhood had Large trash day and I would hunt for old freezers for possible computer cooling parts. Will I should say a friend of mine did. LOL :rolleyes:

kryptobs2000
02-21-2005, 09:09 PM
haha, I hope this documentary is filled full of stories like urs.

Aphex_Tom_9
02-21-2005, 09:12 PM
lol, im the highschool kid who got addicted to overclocking instead of drugs, got a mach 2 for his 16th birthday, and looks at 3-stage cascades instead of :banana::banana::banana::banana: :P
i still have a life, though, seriosuly.

shadowing
02-21-2005, 09:52 PM
XD. I'm the junior high kid that got addicted to overclocking instead of insane stupidity an d etc. Got an okay fast computer with air cooling last year. currently seeing how far it'll go. Wishing for dual xeons.

I already have a life ;)

conrad.maranan
02-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Hey, Alvin. Sorry to hear about the break-up. From past experiences, I can tell you that the easiest way to deal with it is to surround yourself with people who love you - your friends and family. Time heals wounds, though the scars may be tough to hide. Give it some time and you'll be straight as an arrow again.

Good luck in everything, especially with that cooler. :D

perry_78
02-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Ah, now I understand! Good idea Trans Am! Ok, I have no contacts apart from czhardware.com and perhaps DFI (though they're pretty silent lately).

So you would just like me complaining about the fact that my new floorhocket stick got broken, and how getting into MIT for Aeronautics requires Chemistry which I don't do, as I do Geography and got 99,5% on my O-Level :rolleyes: Yeah, I could do that. Add that I spray painted my Antec 1080 beacuse I was bored, but was too lazy to finish it :p

And that my interest for computers goes way back to Commodore64, where I played Turbo Outrun untill I fell asleep :D And that my first AXP which I inherited from my fathers work, boosted the mobo to a NF7 and so on. That I got my own computer because I had too much money on my hands from my weekend job, and that now I dont have enough for the FX-57 and Vapo LS? And how I screwed up my watercooling, and have a GBA box to minimize vibrations because the mats are $10 a piece?

Yeah, I could do that, Just write some script of some sort to minimize the tendency to turn it into a Mexican Soap Opera where one focuses only on the interesting parts and leaved out the fact that I actually still go to school and have to earn my own money. Describe why, how, family background. Sounds great! If I can get a camera that isnt very bad, it should be easy enough. Sending a cd to the US would cost me $15 (looks like I'll keep the GBA box a bit longer), so no problem.

Yeah, If I get my name somewhere (not in the introduction, no one reads it unless their on an airplane). I'm not sure whether I have a "life". I play the 1st Danish floorball league, and am most likely running for a scholarship? My social life has upswings and downswings, as my closest friends took the easy idiot path in the :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty school, and I'm going for the acamdemically acclaimed one. Tough decisions. Though Denmark gives us a good background in regards to Alcohol and Cigarettes :rolleyes:

SOAP OPERA! :D

trans am
02-22-2005, 01:09 PM
This would be a perfect location for the documentary. Has anyone seen best in show? the mockumentary about the dog show? well it's like everyone's going to the dog show and it tells everyones story and then they meet there. Or fred savage in the Wizard? when they have a video game contest and they paly super mario bros. 3 at the end? or trekkies, they all go to a star trek convention. Well in CHIPS, they all go here: http://txgf.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NL_Lan_Parties&file=index&lanop=show_party&party_id=14

blinky
02-22-2005, 01:43 PM
well.... making something like best in show would be awesome

but i mean, how are we gonna get actors and write a whole script and stuff?

i think just like an informational video would be fun, while it wont have any comedic value, just to see people do vmods, and bench would be awesome

perry_78
02-25-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm down with that! Sounds like fun.

Howabout "A day in the life of PC-FREAK". That would suck though, as the moment he would wobble to the pc he would bench all day long :rolleyes:

But that would leave me out, as US and Europe have an ever increasing distance apart.

Bloody_Sorcerer
03-08-2005, 04:29 PM
lol, im the highschool kid who got addicted to overclocking instead of drugs, got a mach 2 for his 16th birthday, and looks at 3-stage cascades instead of :banana::banana::banana::banana: :P
holy crap, you got a mach II for your 16th?! I wish I do... O_O
back on topic...
I think this is a great idea, be it a light-hearted documentary or an all out mockumentary.

afireinside
03-11-2005, 07:13 PM

:lol:
I'm similar... Heres my version:
I'm the highschool kid that got addicted to overclocking instead of having friends and doing things. I'm more intrested in refrigeration than I am with having a girl friend. I spend hours at night during the winter with the window open and sub freezing air blowing in just for those last few mhz while everyone is out having fun.
I still have a life as well. A life of benchmarking.

jjcom
03-11-2005, 07:21 PM
me...well:
14 who found out about computer way back when I was like 6 or something...wanted to build computers since I was probly 'round 12 or so. Finally got to build one. I got the parts 7-28-04 and put it all together...processor and MB DOA. lol

yeah, I still have a life, I work on computers in my spare time and it goes well. If I were given a choice of working on computers for awhile or going to a dance or something with the girl I like. Forget the computer! :) The people I go to school with know I like computers, but it isn't looked at as, you geek! When I turn 16, I'm looking at getting a car. If my mom has her way I get to use her GrandPrix...but I want a Z-24...would rather have an '89 Z-24, but maybe my dad will convince me to get a early 90s model. My mom wants a new car at that time...so...I get the car she gets a new one is how she's looking at it.

jjcom

reject
03-11-2005, 09:18 PM
i hate computers :(
i got one to play games, then it just got out of control. so many things i do need heaps of money (like playing drums). i also have to buy a car in the coming months

perry_78
03-12-2005, 07:24 AM
me...well:
14 who found out about computer way back when I was like 6 or something...wanted to build computers since I was probly 'round 12 or so. Finally got to build one. I got the parts 7-28-04 and put it all together...processor and MB DOA. lol

yeah, I still have a life, I work on computers in my spare time and it goes well. If I were given a choice of working on computers for awhile or going to a dance or something with the girl I like. Forget the computer! :) The people I go to school with know I like computers, but it isn't looked at as, you geek! When I turn 16, I'm looking at getting a car. If my mom has her way I get to use her GrandPrix...but I want a Z-24...would rather have an '89 Z-24, but maybe my dad will convince me to get a early 90s model. My mom wants a new car at that time...so...I get the car she gets a new one is how she's looking at it.

jjcom

I have a good background on Commodore64 :rocker: Then came my kick ass Pentium 200 with 40mb ram, then a horrible P4 1.8 willamette, AXP2500+ ripped from a off-the-shelf pc into NF7-S, 1024mb CorsairXLPT 6800GT and now NF4 SLI-DR

My first experience with a A64 was a friends S754. Mobo DOA ;) CPU bent pins due to my skill.

It's amazing, my parents have yet to support my hobby by a single cent, but here I am either way :)

Franky 4 Finger
03-12-2005, 10:30 AM
name it PEBKAC

afireinside
03-13-2005, 08:27 PM
pain enduring blazingfast kick ass computers?

MaxxxRacer
03-14-2005, 12:58 AM
I think by the time we finalize the title for this thing half the members on this forum will be dead.

GazC
03-15-2005, 04:09 AM
well.... making something like best in show would be awesome

but i mean, how are we gonna get actors and write a whole script and stuff?

i think just like an informational video would be fun, while it wont have any comedic value, just to see people do vmods, and bench would be awesome

Why not get the guys from Orange County Choppers to do it and call it "American Overclocker"? :D

"Dammit Mikee, you clumsy xxxxer, you've spilt LN2 all over the damn rig! It'll never be ready for the photo-shoot now...bleep bleep bleep.." /fades

jjcom
03-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Why not get the guys from Orange County Choppers to do it and call it "American Overclocker"? :D

"Dammit Mikee, you clumsy xxxxer, you've spilt LN2 all over the damn rig! It'll never be ready for the photo-shoot now...bleep bleep bleep.." /fades

you need more bleeps :D

yeah, that would be pretty funny to watch

jjcom

perry_78
03-16-2005, 04:38 AM

:D

We could be the juniors and our 3D Team Captain could be Charlie The Superior.

"Who the xxxx do you think you are? Get that S775 done! Then get Vince and start on that DICE tube!"

And then we can all go poultry shooting or go sit on an alligator :D

We need to have an ATI/nVidia/Intel/AMD/OCZ/Gskill/Asus/DFI/ABIT/Sapphire covered event where all XS members get access to new nice things and PC ICE - Chilly1 - RunMC give us cooling products to play around with. I'll happily break dance on stage to prove my worth :D That sort of series would kick ass. And of course, it has to be on in some ugly workshop like American Chopper ;)

blinky
03-16-2005, 08:21 PM
:D

We could be the juniors and our 3D Team Captain could be Charlie The Superior.

"Who the xxxx do you think you are? Get that S775 done! Then get Vince and start on that DICE tube!"

And then we can all go poultry shooting or go sit on an alligator :D

We need to have an ATI/nVidia/Intel/AMD/OCZ/Gskill/Asus/DFI/ABIT/Sapphire covered event where all XS members get access to new nice things and PC ICE - Chilly1 - RunMC give us cooling products to play around with. I'll happily break dance on stage to prove my worth :D That sort of series would kick ass. And of course, it has to be on in some ugly workshop like American Chopper ;)they have american chopper in denmark? or where ur from..

perry_78
03-17-2005, 06:51 AM
Yeah, they show it on Discovery Channel, I have cable :D

trans am
03-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Guys, other members are starting to send footage. Let's get back on track. Get your footage done and PM me for the shipping instructions. LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

Alec
03-22-2005, 07:37 AM
sounds awsome!
Are we gonna have like overclockability reviews and videos of people doing xtreme things?

Im sure I can make a vid of me building my watercooling system and getting some serious clocks outa my winnie (or soon to be.. maybe.. an FX-55! :D)

can't wait to see this get under momentum!

Alec

trans am
03-22-2005, 07:39 AM
Alec, just get the camera and start shooting. Everyone start shooting! Anything goes! just be yourselves and act natural. This is real!

Alec
03-22-2005, 12:05 PM
ok gimme sumemt to talk about and I shall do it lol :D

trans am
03-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Just have your friend hold the camera and tell us about yourself and why you are overclocking and show us your rig and why you think it's special.

Then if you have time get some shots of you changing the fsb or adjusting memory timings and doing a bench or a test of some kind.

Alec
03-22-2005, 12:25 PM
lol im balancing my webcam on top of my laptop screen :P
itsn ot very good quality but we could just put it down as a "rehersal" before I manage to get my hands on a proper videocamera...

I was thinking maybe talking about why we overclock; and what are the requirements of how to do it... might also go into how its done and such... Shall talk about my rig but my webcam is cr*p at focusing os it will be all blured lol...

Shall hopefully av e a movie up by the end of tonight

afireinside
03-22-2005, 06:15 PM
American Overclocker :lol:

I need a video camera :(

Alec
03-23-2005, 12:39 PM
lol i think i gotta have a script to work from.. i kinda ramble without a script :P

gundamit
03-26-2005, 01:06 AM
Will the mods have a place they can host the raw footage before it gets spliced together? It might be nice to let all the members have access to the raw footage from the contributing members so everyone (or at least all the would be directors) can shape thier own documentaries with narration, music, etc. Members could vote on the best finished project, director wins a free t-shirt and a bus ticket to Sundance. ;)

Might be nice to have all the web cam challanged members send in stills with a audio track in leiu of a full on video.

Rabbi_NZ
03-26-2005, 01:37 AM
I won't be making a video but if this meets your standards Trans Am, or you think you can do something with this, you have permission to use it :toast:

"Different races competing in the same races
made up of different creeds, from different seeds
with the same need for speed to lead
The ORB
To research cooling, electronics, and absorb
the technique of the art
To stay up all night pushing the limits in the dark
Coffee providing the aroma... the will to cling
MHz rise while your pulse quickens
with eyes glued to Memtest....
will these sticks be the ones, the best...
they'll never meet the impossible specs you set!
So it's hello VISA, and you're next pay check
is paying for your next PC purchase regret.
Its a safe bet your fate is set,
you'll spend the next month with a bead of sweat
running down your neck
as the temps rise and MHz fly
to new heights that will only shine bright
'til next month's new tech is in site
than it's "OH SH|TE!"
...you've slipped from the cutting edge...
again! In need of a renewed pledge
to dig deep in your pants pocket, scrape, dredge
bite the bullet and savour the pain
of being so close to the record that's still not slain.
Men from boys, lions from kittens
Once bitten... addiction strengthened
There'll be another day for records to be written!"

Alec
03-26-2005, 02:34 PM
lol nice poem Rabbi NZ,
Im sure I can find some very classical music to put as background music while i record myself saying this; and maybe some sort of pictorial of what im saying for us to watch...

Alec

i found nemo
03-29-2005, 12:39 PM
i'll put in a video when i get my stuff delivered to me, i'll give you vid of me building my FIRST pc if you want me to throw shi* around or w/e i don't care i'll probably be mad anyways, peace

perry_78
03-29-2005, 12:50 PM
I'll put in a video, but I'll cover my face with a backlava, and begin by showing my airsoft Desert Eagle 0.5 ;)

i found nemo
03-29-2005, 12:57 PM
lol ur gunna use that through the entire video to cover your face? ur so silly

(sin)morpheus
04-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Why would you show off an airsoft Desert eagle???
This isn't xtremeguns.org or xtremeairsoft.org!

Anyway, I shall send in some footage of my badass cooling system inside my self built 1 cubic meter case, once I get it all built. :D

perry_78
04-26-2005, 11:02 AM
lol ur gunna use that through the entire video to cover your face? ur so silly

You didnt seriously think I would do that?

Either way, I have absolutely no time now, exams are coming on :(

AgentVX
04-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Suggestion for a title...
"Overclocking: The OTHER OC" :D

ozzimark
05-08-2005, 08:48 AM
wow, i'm defintly late to this thread.. but it sounds interesting. very interesting.

i have the same problem Alec said earlier.. if i film anything, i'll end up rambling on and on about trivial stuff.. a lot would probably have to be edited out ;)

the general premise would be something like this: overclocking is my game. other people shoot their gun, wave their wand and swing their axe. i don't. my game of overclocking involves lots of preperation, lots of luck and the drive to move a slider up to reach a new high score.

or something lame like that :p:

edit: aha! i have the truth
i overclock to go from this (http://www.holidaynotes.com/graphics/duckie.jpg) to this (http://www.almandersalley.com/deluxe%20duck%20-%20hot%20rod.jpg) :D:D

Vandi423
05-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Ozzimark ----->LOL

:ROTF:

shogan191
05-10-2005, 03:52 AM
Animal Planet/ Show Dog Moms and Dads. Great example of what you're trying to do.

perry_78
05-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Was just talking to trans am over PM, one thing that HAS to be in "The Other OC" is overclockers getting thrown out of stores :)

trans am was banned from the Apple Store in SOHO, I was banned from my local pc store :) Never tell a computer store employee that a FX5200 is not, and never was "nvidia's best", not to mention that it WON'T fit into that laptop which the customer plans to use it in :D

I hope it won't end up like a bad skate video. This has to be about the people behind the oc :)

mike
05-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Good luck with the film! Sounds like a great project!

Wayway
05-18-2005, 10:51 AM
i think its a great idea i could get u some feed of overclocks and getting kicked out of computer stores.

angrysquirrel
05-21-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm thinking of making a short video that you could use. I'm thinking about doing a piece on what me and my friend consider extreme computing, crazy projects (like our soon to be finished 20x SCSI cd ripping station) and huge amounts of d2ol crunchers

BTW: What's minimum resolution and FPS that you require? I ask because I only have a RCA analogue camcorder and a Powershot a70 to work with at the moment.

i found nemo
05-23-2005, 05:48 PM
damn, i gotta take my pc apart then "pretend" it's my first build lol sure why not....still wonderin' if a webcam would be good enough quality.....?i'm pretty sure i can get 15~fps

Alec
06-21-2005, 01:54 PM
hey sayaa, do you think we should make some recordings of us benching and overclocking our rigs during the "Xtreme Grand Prix"?

Im sure I can get hold of a digicam to record me getting my system setup ready for some extreme benches etc...