PDA

View Full Version : CPU expert, I need help

antipop
11-21-2002, 04:15 AM
I've sent this mail to Intel and they didn't answer to this kind of question and sent me a bunch of links but i'm a bit late and i've much work to do. Can you help me on this one?

I'm a student and i have a work to do on Moore's law and the future of CMOS. I've some question about the financial aspect of the question : the actual price of a microchip plant, the price 10 years ago and the estimated price of a plant for the future generation of chip. Finally what is the budget and man power Intel has put for research in new computing field (like X-ray beam for lithography, or extrem UV,...).
And for the technical aspect, what method is employed to produce the p4? What method will be employed to produced chip with a 90nm technology? What is the limit of optical litography?

TheDude
11-21-2002, 06:08 AM
I don't think anyone will have this info off the top of their head. It's going to require some research. Maybe contact a major University that has a nice clean room lab setup and try to make contact with someone there who in in the know about the financial aspects. Check the links Intel sent you. Good luck with the paper.

antipop
11-21-2002, 06:11 AM
I'll try this one
The paper is almost done, i just have to add some financial numbers.