PDA

View Full Version : Case Choice for Internal Custom DangerDen Kit

RollerCam540
01-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Okay, I've decided to give watercooling another try after what I would call a sad performance from my last attempt at watercooling (temps dropped 3C from my air cooler).

So I'm about to purchase a Custom Dangerden watercooling kit (again) and now I want to run it internally; the problem is picking a case where I can fit everything inside without obstructing everything.

I've tried this once before and I came close to getting everything working picture perfect, unfortunately the last time I did this I couldn't close my case door and I didn't have an easy time fitting the 80mm radiators where the fan "plastic thing that holds the fan" used to be.

I would like a server case with an acrylic window. Preferably something that looks nice and gets the job done. I would like to put the radiators (2) where the back fans go and the pump where the front fan goes (leaving the PCI slots open). If any of you have any suggestions as to how to better watercool my case internally, or have sucessfully internally watercooled your case, I'm completely open to reconfiguring how to best set this up.

Obviously, I'm desperate to find a case where I can do all of this sucessfully and I would appreciate it if only those reply who've successfully watercooled in the case that you recommend but I'm more than willing to listen to those of you who've read about those who've sucessfully internaly watercooled in case XYZ.

Again, to reiterate what I've already said:

What case do I use and how do I set things up in it? Pictures are welcome

Zedex
01-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Chieftec Dragon Full Tower
Lian-Li V1000/V2000 and a lot of other Lian-Li's besides the extra small ones.
Cooler Master Stacker
Plenty more out there too, I personally would go with either of these.
Lian-Li being my first choice. I mean who doesn't love a Lian-Li??????? :shrug: