PDA

View Full Version : Memory decision

D_o_S
01-24-2005, 08:34 AM
Hi!

Soon, I will be getting a DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR. I wanted to get some A-Data DDR600, but there seem to be so many myths about them. Some say they have TCCD, others that the use Hynix. I have found another option though - some OCZ PC3200 Rev.2. Now the rev.2's are slightly more expensive, but I guess I could afford them without any impact to my rig. Also, the OCZ has a BrainPower PCB. I will be using 2 x 512MB sticks. Please help me choose. Also, please post why you voted for one/not the other.

P.S.: Yes, I know about G.Skill, but let's leave it out just this once.

P.P.S.: It might seem like I'm spamming (posted this thread in the AMD section) but I think I will get more responses here... please forgive me... just this once...

BeSaiD
01-24-2005, 10:19 AM
I've voted to the OCZ because you can't get DDR600 TCCD guaranteed in Adata. I would consider Patriot and Gskill if you want TCCD, or ADATA if you get TCCD-guaranteed modules.

perry_78
01-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah, A-DATA says "motherboard and CPU specific" on the web. I voted for the A-DATA, in CZE they're cheaper and they should do their DDR600 on that mobo!

D_o_S
01-25-2005, 03:07 AM
Results are tied. Anyone else? I'm leaning over to the OCZ more day to day, because it has a Brainpower PCB and I'm sure to get TCCD on it.

GazC
01-25-2005, 03:11 AM
I would vote, but you said you were leaving out the memory I was going to vote for.

D_o_S
01-25-2005, 03:15 AM
I'd like you to choose out of the options I have given, because those are the ones I can get without any problems.

I know you mean G.Skill, but please vote for the better one (by your opinion) out of the two.

GazC
01-25-2005, 03:33 AM
To be perfectly honest I would buy neither of those brands, I'm not being awkward with you, I just wouldn't. Can you not get hold of Patriot XBL in the Czech Rep?

D_o_S
01-25-2005, 08:38 AM
I can get this: PQI Dual 512MB PC400 CL2 PQI Turbo Black mirrored Series Rev 3.0, but I'm not sure if its XBL??? It has just been added to their catalog today, and I don't know if they have it in a 1GB kit.