PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my Ti200 Fan Header?

DRaG0nBLaD3
11-19-2002, 10:14 PM
Several months ago my friend Hannibal Smith managed to break several blades from my Gainward Ti/450's gpu fan. I immediately purchased a TT Chrome Orb because the fan's missing blades made it vibrate and I was afraid to overclock it with such inadequate cooling. Of course the Chrome Orb uses a 3pin power connector, but the fan on my videocard uses a 2pin connector. Also, due to the way the power connector was held in place, it was rather difficult to remove with my bare fingers(all I had at the time), so I didnt remove it. Instead, I just broke off the rest of the fan's fins and laid it at the bottom of my case.
In the past 2 weeks I've purchased a new motherboard and case. While transferring parts, I decided to finally remove that annoying little fan. So now I've got this little 2pin power connector that's going to no use. I've been brainstorming on what to do with it, and I'm open to suggestions. Creativity and inventiveness are what I'm looking for here, sure it would be kinda cool to have a LED on my videocard but there's gotta be something better to do with it. Also, the fact that there's no fan there anymore means that there's a bit of power not being used. Does anyone know (sorry, im lazy and dont want to go borrow a multimeter or anything like that) what voltage/amperage that connector would put out? Or if there would be any affect on the card, like the power not being used by the fan now overvolting my gpu, or anything like that? I can't imagine that any company would design their hardware like that, but for the sake of curiosity I ask.