PDA

View Full Version : I went to AMD's reality check yesterday

Tedinde
11-19-2002, 06:16 PM
I went to the AMD's reality check in Philadelphia yesterday. Doesnt matter to me either way intel or amd, I run both.

There was something really funny though.

They were showing a xp2800 against an intel 2.8ghz chip, and running a game with FPS enabled. And the amd was destroying the intel system. The intel was getting like 22fps and the amd was in the high 90's WTF.

A little flaw with their setup though. They stated they were using integrated video for both systems?? OK

The intel system was using intels 845g with integrated intel graphics, which is junk.

And the AMD system was running a Nforce board with integrated Nvidia Geforce.

HMM a a gig duron would kill the p4 this way. I didnt even arugue, Because i did win a new xp2200.

This is something that might happend at Hardocp or something. hehe.

Tweaked!
11-19-2002, 06:26 PM
Well, all in all, sounds like you enjoyed yourself though:) Gotta like getting freebies:D

Tedinde
11-19-2002, 06:30 PM
Free=Good!!!! Guess i have another chip to add to my folding. I was thinking about ordering another one to go in my dual MP rig, and just selling my 1600's.

They did give a ton of stuff away. I'll give them that. I just didnt like their "flawed" test.

Tweaked!
11-19-2002, 06:41 PM
Yeah, that's not right. At least pit them equally. If the results aren't favorable then, then don't use it in the show. I think it wouldv'e been real close though.:)

wicktron
11-19-2002, 08:27 PM
They were giving away 2200's? Hmmm, when I went to the San Diego event, they were only giving away 2100's. I'm going to the City of Industry event, hopefully they'll be giving away something better by then!