PDA

View Full Version : What does someone like OCZ do when you RMA BH-5?

Zebo
01-20-2005, 08:41 PM
They don't list anymore so what do they give you today if your stick get borked?

Also is warranty transferable like I buy some from private party?

mrlobber
01-20-2005, 09:02 PM
1) they usually have some reserve left for these purposea. Now, however, I presume they'd send you TCCD or VX (2-2-2 at 200 fsb, remember, no o/cing guaranteed) instead.

That's why Mushkin, for example, recently sold a small number of BH-5 sticks they had still left because TCCD can be now used in the same place (nobody cares about 3.5+ Vdimm overclocks because such actions are not officially supported ;) )

2) how do they know you bought the sticks from another party? As long as you intentionally have not damaged them, taken off the heatspreaders and so on, and the memory indeed goes bad, I think you can easily RMA them. At least that's not as bad as when people buy sticks, torture them to conclude "they don't overclock as good as I wanted" and send back then.

seldomsean
01-20-2005, 09:12 PM
They don't list anymore so what do they give you today if your stick get borked?

Also is warranty transferable like I buy some from private party?

I would think they would give you several choices...

Also it states.."Lifetime Warranty" Not "Limited Lifetime Warranty"
So ownership does not matter...

OCZ is the BEST in warranty anyhow IMO :toast:

MarilynMX
01-20-2005, 09:39 PM
zebo as long as you keep the sticker well sealed on ram HS I think you still have the warranty no matter where'd you buy from.

Zebo
01-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Thanks..
And I'm a mild overclcoker would'nt torture chips into submission... just thinking about buying some BH-5 to out perform my ballistix and don't want to get shaft.. maybe i'll just stay away from places like ebay ...

VetteTheHeretic
01-20-2005, 10:16 PM
ebay's not that bad. you can get some good stuff for good prices just watch out for the shady people and bombard them with as many questions as you can.

BeSaiD
01-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Owner of this BH-5 told me that he uses 3.6v in an P4 Asus to get 240 2-2-2 stable.

Look at my config in the screenshot :P

http://img52.exs.cx/img52/2914/bh54ao.th.jpg (http://img52.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img52&image=bh54ao.jpg)

I think he burned it for a long while :D