PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose!

c42
01-18-2005, 10:42 AM
So I'm looking at building a new system within a couple months.

I've got a few options though that I'd like some help with.

1. Watercooling GPU and CPU,(Aquaextreme 50z, G4, Fusion HL, Weapon Heatercore and shroud) 3200+ a64 90nm, DFI Lanparty Nforce4 Ultra or MSI Neo4 Platinum, 1 gb vx or tccd memory(2x 512mb stick config), x800xl(unless the x850xt/xt pe prices become realistic... if not will use this until the r520s are released and not an arm and a leg) all stuffed in a CM Stacker

2. Vapochill XE with same hardware as above, but no watercooling, will just get a ati silencer cooling solution for the vid card, and perhaps later upgrade to watercooling for that.

3. 3200+ a64 90nm, DFI lanparty nforce4 ultra/ MSI Neo4 Plat, 2gb memory(not sure of what kind, in a 2x 1 gig stick config), x800xl(again unless x850 xt/xt pe drops to around 500 or less and becomes available) all stuffed into something like a Antec Super Lanboy, Lian li pc 65, etc.

Now I'm not worried about having the best benchmarks, and all of that. While it is nice, I'm more of a realist.Why have an engine pumping out 550 Peak HP, when an engine putting out 450 peak hp with much nicer power curve will make it down the quarter just as fast/ faster? Bragging rights... don't care about em.

I want a system that will be the best performer for my applications. It would be mostly for gaming, from time to time copying dvds and such, but mostly a gaming rig.

Thanks in advance guys/gals.

c42
01-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Hulp!