PDA

View Full Version : Biostar u8568 pro bios modding

Ints99
01-17-2005, 09:46 AM
I got this el crapo board U8568 PRO :
http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails.asp?model=U8568%20PRO
I can't OC because all the frequenzy etc options are unavailable (the only thing i can do is the host\pci clock) in bios even with the latest bios.
I want to know if it is possible to add voltage control , pci\agp lock and all the other things i need to run my p4 2.4 at 3.2 GHz+ .
I clocking and i can't get into windows wen i go past 2600.
This board uses phoenix award bios.

[XC] moddolicous
01-17-2005, 10:47 AM
you could try to unlock some of the options. That might solve your problem.

Ints99
01-17-2005, 11:21 AM
I thought about that put what tools should i use?
I tryed the award bios editor and it crashed almost every time when i tryed to change anything.
Would it be possible to make a patch for the current bios eg. i could add the all the frequenzy options without upgradeing the whole bios.
I am not really experienced in modding a bios so help would be appreciated.

[XC] moddolicous
01-17-2005, 02:05 PM
just download modbin6, go to setup, and make all the blacked out sections white.

Ints99
01-18-2005, 06:59 AM
Downloaded modbin6 went to setup and made the blacked areas white.
Put guess what there weren't no available options in frequenzy control and overall there were very few sections that were black (5 total i think and they had nothing to with OC).
There was one thing under frequency and it was spread spectrum , i tryed enabling it put it didn't work (i changed it put there were no new options in bios when i flashed)
Anymore ideas?? Or i have to add more voltage the old fashioned way ( wires ).
I examined the board and found a WOLT1 jumper (it had 3 pins put nothing on them).Any chance that could help me ???