PDA

View Full Version : Problems with VX and DDR Booster

AlterBridge86
01-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Hey guys - i got a bit of a problem with my DDR booster. I just got it back through RMA (last one stopped boosting) and i plugged it in, boosted the volts and it worked perfect. So i kicked up the FSB so that my VX was at 250 2-2-2-5 at 3.4v (working on burning it in). So, either way, memtest is running and at the end of the 1st pass it gives an error - i look at the voltage, it was down at 3.3v, so i bumped it up to 3.4v and it worked fine, another 2 passes and no errors. So i go to restart and go into windows cause i wanted to watch a dvd and let it burn in overnight. So, i reboot, and the booster voltage is at 3.5v, which is understandable since it was 3.4v under load..but when windows starts loading the voltage drops to 3.2 and i can't raise it anymore, even maxing out the booster. So i rebooted and then now i can't boost at all, just like the last booster...its still displaying the appropriate bios voltage, just not boosting...can turn the POT all the way up and still nothing...what could be causing this? I was running a fan over the booster and mem modules the entire time so its definitely not a heat related thing...is my PSU crapping out on me? Its a OCZ Modstream 520W. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

MarilynMX
01-12-2005, 10:22 PM
Don't know if it's a common problem but same thing happened to me here. Last night I woke up at 6am and took a quick snap with my cam phone. As picture showed, 6hrs stable at 3.4V, then I changed to test #7 and back to sleep.
When I got up at 10am I found there were tons of errors booster showed VDIMM at 2.8V. I tried tunning the knob of course it didnt help and the booster showed 2.8V all the time. After reset cmos/adjusted screw it could show actual VDIMM but that's it. I can't mod VDIMM via booster....again. Anyway I'm going to RMA it tmw and it'll be my last try since I'm expecting DFI's new board.

AlterBridge86
01-13-2005, 07:22 AM
strange...i'm wondering if its the booster or something with this motherbaord, cause for me to get two boosters to do this to me twice in a row is rather odd...i'm wondering if i should just wait for DFI's new board and be happy i get 4v stock :) anyone else have any suggestions?

repi
01-13-2005, 08:56 AM
got almost the same problem, i gave my bh-5 3.5V for superpi 32M and after a while the voltage dropped from 3.5V to 2.9V :(
Everybody knows what happened next -- Computer crashed :(
Anyone knows the reason for that? PSU or Booster?

AlterBridge86
01-13-2005, 09:58 AM
hmm..guess i'm not alone with this mysterious booster stopping its boosting..lol...maybe someone from OCZ can comment?