PDA

View Full Version : Corsair Xpert Memory

aCidbAbY
01-11-2005, 10:30 PM
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=108

this stuff looks nice :D look at the third page :eek:

Conclusion

The Corsair Xpert memory series is definitely the most original and creative memory we have ever seen at PC Perspective. The innovation in them is based around both the custom display they have created for hardcore PC enthusiasts as well as the on-DIMM monitoring chip that allows, for the first time, to get the exact readings of voltage, frequency and temperature directly from the module, without going through some third party software that has the potential to botch the results. So while the flashing lights may not be everyone's tastes, I think that accurate readings on those metrics is something that any overclocker or enthusiast can appreciate.

Corsair is set to launch the Xpert series with the 3200XL modules very soon; those are DDR400 modules rated at CAS 2.0 2-2-5 speeds. They have told us that there is no reason why this technology can't be applied across the entire Corsair line, including DDR2 modules, as long as the memory is accepted by the community. I don't think Corsair will have any trouble selling us on the benefits of accurate readings, and there are plenty of case modders looking for a way to spice up their next upgrade.

Rabbi_NZ
01-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Volts and Temps are a real nice to have... and it comes with monitoring software :toast:

The lights and bulkyness aint that great though... I dont see them being easy to cool...

trans am
01-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Damn they took my idea. :(
Except my idea had more fins on the heatspreaders. And there is suppose to be a ddr booster built into the ram heatsink, and a holographic display. And a stopwatch that can tell you how long you've been trying to get it to work.

mcnbns
01-12-2005, 12:44 PM
I'll stick with my completely naked PC3500 EB, thanks. :)

I bet those displays on the Corsair modules allow for better overclocks, though. :rolleyes:

aCidbAbY
01-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Damn they took my idea. :(
Except my idea had more fins on the heatspreaders. And there is suppose to be a ddr booster built into the ram heatsink, and a holographic display. And a stopwatch that can tell you how long you've been trying to get it to work.

roflmafo...nice mmm holographic display:D

Xassius
01-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I bet those displays on the Corsair modules allow for better overclocks, though. :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, they will probably do for faster overclocks (as in time to get it working) :p:

Notifying you of ram frequency and real ram voltage immediately.