PDA

View Full Version : LightScribe?

Judaeus Apella
01-11-2005, 12:13 PM
I saw this on TV, available in the new HP Computers. What I'd like to know is where can I get just a DVD WR that does this! Thats awsome! No more printing out lables...... even though my Canon iP5000 has 9600dpi, its still a pain. I'd rather just burn the image right on the disk instead of..... oh wait. Its non-removable.... hmmm. What do you guys think is better?

iP5000 with 9600dpi - highest dpi available and photo printing that kicks some serious ass

-OR-

HP LightScribe - Burn images in 1 color directly onto disk; no lables!

I know the Epsons can print onto disks, but it takes 24 hours to dry, its only available in specially made CD-R's and everyone is always out of them, Epsons suck cause they clog up, dont print as fast or as well or as quietly as Cannons, and Canon consumables cost less. (Canon's can cost about $100 to $300 over 3 years, Espons cost almost double that.) I've printed on both at the same time on several differnt models each with all the same settings, trust me. I also own an Epson Stylus.... it sucks. BTW, if you order a Canon iP3000, 4000, 5000, 8500, or 6000D from Europe, they can print directly onto CDs. True it only works on the CD-Rs but it looks better than the Epsons.

Judaeus Apella
07-03-2005, 09:25 AM
I found this old topic I started, and none of you sons of :censored: ever replied! :slapass: :slapass:

:para:

bypolar
07-03-2005, 10:49 AM
I have the LS HP writer and it works well., Give it a try you will Like it.