PDA

View Full Version : OCZ Booster Modification

Type M
01-10-2005, 07:15 PM
I read that OCZ may not make the booster in the opposite configuration for us 3 slot boards like the DFI. Well, I read the guide that ryan posted (great job by the way) but I absolutly suck at soldering. Would anyone here be interested in selling modified units that someone like myself could purchase. I would like to use 1GB of VX but I cant because of the booster. I hope I dont offend OCZ but I think it is a shame that you cant use the full benefits of 1GB with awsome boards such as the DFI. As always though, OCZ rocks and I highly commend them not only on their products but on their commitment to us all.

-Mack

IvanAndreevich
01-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Type M
Did you PM the OCZ guys? Maybe they'll do it for ya :)

BerT
01-11-2005, 08:16 AM
On the compatibility list ... ocz says it isnt compatible with nf2 lanparty revb

Otherwise i would have purchased it 2 but Its just a matter of time because the must reach a market as large as possible ....

seldomsean
01-11-2005, 08:26 AM
On the compatibility list ... ocz says it isnt compatible with nf2 lanparty revb

Otherwise i would have purchased it 2 but Its just a matter of time because the must reach a market as large as possible ....

He does'nt have a LP-B...

He has a LP-UT250gb... Big Difference :stick:

BerT
01-11-2005, 01:12 PM
I know but I was talking about my board.

That the booster isnt compatible with to many boards.
That its just a matter of time when they must make it universal or etc... :)

mikead_99
01-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Type M, why don't you just get one of the VDimm mod'ed bioses for that board and mod your +3.3V rail?

Type M
01-12-2005, 10:18 AM
Type M, why don't you just get one of the VDimm mod'ed bioses for that board and mod your +3.3V rail?

I am not that comfortable opening up the PSU to mod my rails. My luck, as soon as I open it up it will fail for some other reason but I will be blamed. I would rather burn the booster than the PSU.

Interesting idea in regards to speaking with OCZ to see if they could "help me".

EDIT: Spelling

-Mack

SteveOCZ
01-13-2005, 08:50 AM
If your in the USA you could email Andy and ask him if he would be willing to do it for you. andy at ocztechnology dot com

Steve