PDA

View Full Version : Any blocks for socket 775 and pci-express yet?

#ball3r
01-09-2005, 11:34 PM
I just got a new Dell and i'm going to switch out to a new case, mobo, and psu so I can overclock. I'd really like to water cool using a block for the cpu and vga. I'm planning on getting a TT Tsunami case and prolly an ocz modstream520 to power it.

amduser
01-09-2005, 11:38 PM
so first you should tell which graphiccard you have, for 6800 gt's or ultras and for x800 something they are a few blaocks. if oyu life in europa a would go for alphacool (http://www.alphacool.de/perl/shop.pl?s=877d0a70a93aebfccee2&l=1&rm=show_art&menu_id=2&prod_id=120&art_kz=117) or watercool (http://www.watercool.de/) . when you life in america or asia i have no idea.

edit: by the way, buy a other case, this you chose is very instable

#ball3r
01-09-2005, 11:41 PM
sorry i have an x800 xt and I live in Canada.

amduser
01-09-2005, 11:47 PM
sorry i have an x800 xt and I live in Canada.

for a x800xt go for a simple block just the them then for x800xt agp and 9800pros and all the other once'S. but if there already waterblock for sockel t in usa or canda, i don't know.

Psyche911
01-09-2005, 11:53 PM
ball3r, AFAIK you will never be able to overclock a Dell. The BIOS on all of their boards I don't think has the options. Have you tried it yet?

With that said, I would get either the Maze4 GPU block from DangerDen, or a Silverprop Fusion SL/HL depending on availability & clearance issues. I myself will be getting a Maze4 GPU block for my 9800 Pro and will move it over probably to a 6800 GT (or better) sometime late this year.

For the CPU block, it depends on what other components you're getting. I'm getting a MCW6000 with a MCP350 pump, both 3/8". If you want to go with a 1/2" system, I think the TDX and MCW6002 perform fairly similarly. Both made in the US so they will be easy to get ahold of and not too pricey for you. The Swiftech should be about $10 cheaper.

CTKP
01-10-2005, 12:03 AM
ball3r, AFAIK you will never be able to overclock a Dell. The BIOS on all of their boards I don't think has the options. Have you tried it yet?
'cmon its the first sentence

I just got a new Dell and i'm going to switch out to a new case, mobo, and psu so I can overclock

Psyche911
01-10-2005, 12:15 AM
I missed the mobo part. If you miss that one word, it makes all the difference. :p
I thought he was just changing cases & PSUs.

So, ignore the first line of my post please.

#ball3r
01-10-2005, 10:41 AM
lol...thx ctkp. well i've been told that the block would be different for a pci-e card which is why I ask. I'm thinking of something like this for a setup so please lmk what you think...

Swiftech mcw6002-p or Dangerden rbx/tdx w/brass top
Swiftech mcw50 or DD maze4 gpu
Blackice Extreme rev2 w/shroud or D-Tek pro120 w/shroud
DD dd12v-d4 inline pump or Swiftech mcp650 pump
Bay res
1/2" UV tubing
Fan?

What kinda cfm should I be looking at for a 120mm fan for both performance and quietness? I'm looking at the 120mm aluminum fans and also silientX 120mm fans which are very quiet. I plan on taking out the lower drive bay on the TT case and use the stock 120mm location in the front of the case to mount my rad. Should I use 2 fans in a push/pull on the rad?

MaxxxRacer
01-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Well for the RAD, go with weapons heatercore and shroud. They will outperform the BIX2 by a good margin and cost alot less. Just send a PM to Weapon.

The 6002 and RBX/TDX are both great blocks. If you are going to use a weaker pump go with the 6002, and with a stronger pump use the RBX/TDX

For the gpu, the maze4 and hte Silverprop fusionHL are the best choices. The Swiftech isnt the greatest choice anymore as its performance is not as good as the maze4 or the HL. If you are going with the maze4 remember to get the brass top.

Now paying attention to the fact that you are going with the dd12volt I must interject here. The older mcp600, now hte cooltechnica 50Z is a superior pump. It has higher head pressure and drains less power, and puts less heat into the loop. If you look at my pump sticky you will see it is the highest rated pump under the iwaki. you can get it from www.cooltechnica.com

And also now knowing that you are getting this type of pump i would suggest getting hte RBX/TDX. the RBX will perform slightly better, but has the annoyance of hte y splitter for the tubing. If you dont mind the y splitter go with the RBX, but if you do mind it, then go with the TDX. Either way, I suggest using the #4 or #5 injector plate things. #4 if you want a little more gpu cooling, and #5 if you want the maximum cooling on the cpu. (#4 is less restrictive so it will let higher flow rates for the gpu, and #5 gives slightly better performance for hte cpu while restricting flow rates)

EDIT: And the block wont be different for a pcie card.

#ball3r
01-10-2005, 04:13 PM
I would have to purchase my stuff in Canada since I live here. So that limits my choices. I can get the swiftech 600 though still...

MaxxxRacer
01-10-2005, 05:53 PM
If u want I will find you a place to get the danger den stuff. there are a few of them. One of them I serioulsy dont trust but the others are ok.

#ball3r
01-10-2005, 06:02 PM
I know of a couple here in Canada thx. Both of whom i've done business with before :).

MaxxxRacer
01-10-2005, 07:37 PM
oh ok then. you still want a few??