PDA

View Full Version : TCCD vs OCZ VX ?

Entity_Razer
01-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Well I'm currently LOOKING (don't have the money yet :'( ) for some new ram and well I'm either going for SOMETHING with TCCD( does corsair has'm? or G skill) but I also notived the VX serie from OCZ

now I ask myself, which is according to you the best performance for the least money.

I know that sounds weird but for 1GIG of that ram I have to save a LONG time to get it so I am going for a low as possible price but I actually just wanna know which will deliver the best.

I suspect the TCCD because for the VX you need the OCZ Rambooster but I have no idea for sure

Reefa_Madness
01-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Check out the recent threads on the TwinMOS Speed Premiums.

They are relatively inexpensive alternatives to the VX.

sjohnson
01-08-2005, 03:08 PM
The TwinMOS Speed Premiums will work, $80/stick for 512 IF your motherboard supports high VDIMM, 3.3 or higher. You will need the volts, the Speed Premiums run like cr*p at low volts.

RaptorRaider
01-08-2005, 03:21 PM
SOMETHING with TCCD( does corsair has'm?

Review (http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2312) of Corsair TCCD.

now I ask myself, which is according to you the best performance for the least money.

I know that sounds weird but for 1GIG of that ram I have to save a LONG time to get it so I am going for a low as possible price but I actually just wanna know which will deliver the best.

It's very hard to say, they perform very different.
TCCD can make insanely high speeds with pretty loose timings and requiring only a voltage of ~2.8V.
VX on the other hand can do decent speeds with very low timings but requiring a voltage of ~3.5V.

Personally I'd go for G.Skill TCCD.

I suspect the TCCD because for the VX you need the OCZ Rambooster but I have no idea for sure

TCCD is more expensive than VX; 1GB of TCCD should be about the same price as 1GB VX + Booster.

charlie
01-08-2005, 03:29 PM
That's EASY.
Without Volt Mod, for 24/7 stable HIGH-PERFORMANCE use....get some G.Skill 1Gb kit!!

C

LilGator
01-08-2005, 03:53 PM
yup, go TCCD if you only do low volts ...

though you can't argue against 2 x $80 512MB sticks of TwinMOS Premium and a $40 OCZ Booster :D

$200 for 1GB of possible 250+MHz 2-2-2-5 ;)