PDA

View Full Version : Custom phase change controller "Golden Froster"

Pages : 1 2 [3]

jinu117
09-10-2006, 09:22 AM
My recommendations:
1) Individually test each modules in environment that would simulate actual usage. RMA can definitely kill you and in my case if customer need to ship (god forbids) back say v2000 unit, imagine how much is lost just to ship it back and forth. (when that happens, it DEFINITELY will cost more than value of froster itself).
2) Packing. I know you think you are doing great job with it. Yes it is better than last time. However, you still are missing one IMPORTANT thing. Antistatic wrap of some kind please! the transparent one you wrap might help protect against physical damage of good shipped, however, it will do absolutely nothing for the electrical damage it could get due to static, etc.
I don't remember getting any unpackaged (as in not in it's own plastic box, etc electronic good that didn't have antistatic bag.
3) I still have bunch of (not as much) "noise" issue. If you think it's coming from those wires... maybe trying shielded wire or twisted wire isn't bad idea at all.
4) I am not sure on this but has been hearing rumors from some. Are these controllers very heat sensitive? Considering nature of where it is used, I would think up to 60c inside chamber temperature can be expected (especially when ambient temp shoots to say 35c...)... have they been verified to work fine at those temps?
I do understand that this is 2 man show. I am not in any different situation. And my advice as usual, reduce chance of ANY RMA. 30 minute up front testing probably can save you hours if not days of work and having to eat up the cost of RMA.

lross78550
09-10-2006, 10:06 AM
I would also recommend that in the next version of firmware the timeout time (the time the compressor keeps running after sensing the powersupply has shut down) be increased to 10 secs. No one cares if the compressor runs a few secs. extra after the powersupply shuts down, but waiting 3 or 4 mins for a compressor reset because your highly overclocked motherboard takes a few secs to reboot is kind of a pain in the ass... this only happens on asus motherboards im sure, but since asus is one of the most popular boards it just makes sense to set it to 10secs and be done with it. JMO....the only other issue i have had (this problem existed since i recieved the controller) does not seem to be firmware related) is on occasion the display will display "strange characters" during one of the different boot phases.. this clears up after the powersupply is powered on or on rare occasion will require a shut down and restart of the entire system. All in all i would say the g-froster is a great product, even more so when you factor in the size and resources of the company and the price they are selling the g-froster units for. You would not catch my ass designing, testing, programing, manufacturing, packaging, shipping and supporting something like this at a$100.00 a pop range. (not that i have the technical ability to do so anyway) and finaly Version 1.6 Firmware upgrade was a HUGE improvement and solved several problems and g-froster should be congragulated for their good work on that front. Keep at it guys and remember my golden rule "Of course they are having problems they are just end users" :)
Thanks and jmo
Lee
(owner of a) Very Small Networking Company

Ssilencer
09-11-2006, 07:33 AM
@Jinu
I will leave Golden to answer that questions, I have an answer, but I preffer the one with more technical knowledge to answer you, and as you was in contact with golden over the weekend, maybe he already answered that for you :P

@Lros
beta and final 1.6 firm has a 5 sec delay, recomended by Jinu, I thought about 10 ten second, he recomended 5 secs, I thought that 5 sec was enough for the asus restart issue.
Golden was working the last 3 days in a new firmware version to add a pair of features Jinu asked from him.

jinu117
09-11-2006, 09:01 AM
And potential issue I found again. Going to send e-mail to golden again. Lee, wasn't 5 seconds enough? I noticed it requiring only 2-3 seconds really?

Ratax
09-12-2006, 11:10 AM
I was planning my cascade and remember to ask if the cascade g-froster has some function to connect a solenoid valve for the oil return.

Something like open the solenoid valve for an amount of time defined when starting or shutting off the system.

Golden_Eagle
09-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Added heatsink, Maybe I replace it for one bigger, after testing the whole system.

There is also assembled some part of the Thermocuple conditioning circuit.

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/3569/screenhunter002mb0.jpg

Ratax: It coud be added a solenoid controll module in the future. The controller has a multipurpose expansion port, which is intended for adding more features as we get the time neded to develop them.

kayl
09-12-2006, 11:17 PM
looking good golden eagle

lross78550
09-23-2006, 02:14 PM
hey golden and ssilencer when can i expect royalty checks for the use of my external serial cable??? G-Cable, patent pending. Just send my checks to 123 mo money st. Giveme, TX 78560. Thanks CEO of G-Cable. Im glad we can resovle this without it turning into another Blackberry RIM patent lawsuite :)

J/K Guys keep up the good work and yes 10 secs. would be better.. dont listen to jinu he dosent know wth hes talking about :)
Thanks
Lee

outcast623
09-23-2006, 03:27 PM
I can agree with lross on a longer delay, 4sec was good before i got a p5b-deluxe because it does a double restart type deal that can take a good 5-6 sec before it fully starts to boot.

Blaster
09-23-2006, 03:29 PM
any update on the new controllers ?????? :mad:

kayl
09-24-2006, 06:16 AM
I can agree with lross on a longer delay, 4sec was good before i got a p5b-deluxe because it does a double restart type deal that can take a good 5-6 sec before it fully starts to boot.

yeah the double start sucks on the p5b-deluxe, i was thinking it will be my luck on the second boot ill reach the 4sec and system not start. Ill check mine tomorrow night and see how long it takes.

wdrzal
09-24-2006, 06:58 AM
could several delay times be easily built in and user selectable? maybe by a dip switch on back of the controller.

pazza316
09-24-2006, 08:37 AM
I think the best way would to make the delay selectable by the user from the software.

wdrzal
09-24-2006, 09:54 AM
I think the best way would to make the delay selectable by the user from the software.

me too, but may not be possible or cost prohibative.

Golden_Eagle
09-24-2006, 03:56 PM
i was thinking of changin the delay to 10 seconds for the next firmware coming up next week. but i can make it user configurable if needed.

Unseen
09-24-2006, 11:44 PM
We have put 10 secs delay to our controllers too and it works ok.

rob725
09-25-2006, 04:37 AM
User configurable would seem to be optimal.

jinu117
09-25-2006, 06:44 AM
Guys, MrDeeds have problem. Can you guys contact back to him ASAP?

Vassili
09-30-2006, 09:59 AM
So these controllers display the CPU-temperature without software?

Golden_Eagle
10-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Hello, little update...

Here is a XE2.0 runing on the phase changer I received las week.
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9158/runingeb2.jpg
Im doing final adjusts to the firmware.

PD: I have no internet connection since last week, so, it´s getting hard to stay online.
Contact me by mail if needed.

LittleDevil
10-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Is it 12V 1A adapter ok for golden froster value or i need to buy mA.

thanks

jinu117
10-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Is it 12V 1A adapter ok for golden froster value or i need to buy mA.

thanks

Already tried... Runs the fan around 60%.... at high setting...

pazza316
10-08-2006, 01:14 PM
12v, 1A is fine for the Value 2.0 I use 9V 1A.

jinu117
10-08-2006, 04:20 PM
12v, 1A is fine for the Value 2.0 I use 9V 1A.

Woopsie.. I was thinking XE

kayl
10-15-2006, 06:19 AM
Seriously guys when will the cascade controllers be ready, i was told june back in may, i know others that have controllers on order before may all paid up in full as well. this is not how things should work:mad:

LittleDevil
10-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Can anyone make screenshot how software of golden froster XE looks like?

Is it the same like value or is it different?

thanks

LittleDevil
10-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Which fuses are on Xe.1,6, because i didin't get it beside?

thanks

schmusli
11-01-2006, 04:33 AM
news about g-froster?

Ssilencer
11-01-2006, 07:07 AM
news about g-froster?

EMS tracking number EE 033617294 AR

schmusli
11-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Aleluia :banana:

Rubiconx3
11-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Ok how can i get a Gfroster in the US and how much?

{.bLanK} GoD
11-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Just recieved my value controller the other day. I am again very pleased with it, (the second G-froster i have brought) I slightly modified the way it's being used. Sscilencer a Golden were very helpful in helping me out with the schematic.

I have heard a few people are having trouble with electromagnetic interference with their controllers. At one stage whilst dicking around last night, i got bad characters on the controller LCD. I turned everything off and re-routed a 230vac wire that strayed a little close to the controllers cables, and everything works fine now.

Low voltage control circuits are easily susceptible to interference. Golden and Sscilencer make a very good product at a very reasonable price. It is designed to be as far away from any mains voltages as possable. Screened cables are possable but would no doubt push the price of the controller up. Also the longer the cables are the more susceptible they get to interference.

Cheers Golden and Sscilencer, Job well done, i will be wanting another 3 value controllers in about a month or so :)

kayl
11-21-2006, 12:13 AM
I had some issues with the gfroster value controllers similar to that of the older XE1.2 I first tested, but have found a way around the 2 small issues.
When the gfroster would start it would run for a split second then shut down, or not start at all. If I hard wired the compressor with a mains cord it would run fine. My solution was to take these 2 wire that go to these terminals extend the wires staying away from ribbon cables and installing a switch at the front of the case. When I flick the switch it powers the compressor till I shut it off again and system runs fine. I still wire the mains power that goes to the PC power supply to the gfroster controller still to control the pc, ie boot temp and also shuts the PC down if reach critical temp still function. I also set the delay on the controller to 0sec, so when I pressure the pc start button the controller starts straight away and you have the CPu head temperature readout as well instead of the 5min count down.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7198/powerpcbst3.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=powerpcbst3.jpg)

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6598/displayao0.th.jpg (http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=displayao0.jpg)

The other issue I ran into was when I first start the cooler, even with the manual switch to start the compressor separately I got bad characters on the display. Yes if you keep the mains voltage away from the LCB ribbon cable also away from the interconnect cable between the two controllers this is greatly reduced this but it still happens sometimes on one of my units, another still happens every start. The switch simply cuts the mains voltage going to the transformer that powers the gfroster control board. If the controller starts and display characters get corrupted I flick this switch for a few seconds and it resets the display when I turn it back on and press the pc start button to start the controller again it normally works and has no bad characters. Runmc and others experiencing these same problems I hope this information is of use.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1279/gfrosterreseteu0.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gfrosterreseteu0.jpg)

runmc
11-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Golden has repaired my controllers and they should be on their way back to me as we speak. I know Ssilencer and Golden are trying very hard to get a no -flaw controller on the market. Thanks guys for the effort. :toast:

Thanks kayl for the work around tips. I hope I don't ever need them:eek:

chilly1
11-24-2006, 10:06 AM
I am returning 16 controllers for repair.... MOre news when I recieve it...

Ratax
11-25-2006, 12:18 AM
Any news about the Cascade G-Grosters?

When will be delivered the first orders?

runmc
12-01-2006, 03:48 AM
I need some Golden help with this loose wire. Where do I plug it? :confused:

4Qman
12-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Just want to say thanks to Golden_Eagle for the help regards fixing the controller. Always there to help and the problem was fixed without much bother. :toast:

Sneil
12-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Seriously guys when will the cascade controllers be ready, i was told june back in may, i know others that have controllers on order before may all paid up in full as well. this is not how things should work:mad:
Have you gotten your cascade controler yet kayl? I'll be ordering one right away, but want to make sure they are readily available first...

runmc
12-01-2006, 06:52 PM
I wired the controller and left the extra wire loose. I hit the power button and the controller worked flawlessly. ( I swear) not a glitch.:D However after three start ups I did encounter some of my previous problems. :( These problems could be related to user error. I will check to make sure I'm not at fault.

Thank you Ssilencer and Golden for standing behind your products.:toast:
But wait - I still have 5 more controllers to test.

Thanks much guys for the efforts.

[edited with above ^^^^ update.]

Golden_Eagle
12-02-2006, 09:42 AM
runmc, you did right, that extra wire is for xe 1.5 controllers and that´s a 1.2.
Kayl, Im still thinkin how to solve that isues without using extra switches.

LittleDevil
12-11-2006, 06:16 AM
Do you have manual for XE 2.0?

regards

LittleDevil
12-12-2006, 12:42 PM
I got new controlers today, here are some pics:

http://ld-phasechange.com/images/golden-frosters/XE2.0/1.jpg

http://ld-phasechange.com/images/golden-frosters/XE2.0/3.jpg

I will try it this weekend.

regards

runmc
12-12-2006, 02:24 PM
I got new controlers today, here are some pics:

I will try it this weekend.

regards

Good you help me install mine:stick: :D

runmc
12-16-2006, 08:43 AM
Hey Mariano :)

How about suggestions for adaptors for the XE 2.0 - please (links);)

{.bLanK} GoD
12-17-2006, 10:17 AM
I need some Golden help with this loose wire. Where do I plug it? :confused:
http://xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53438&stc=1&d=1164973677

You dont have that controller laying on carpet do you?

SexyMF
12-17-2006, 10:29 AM
^^^^ looks like antistatic foam mat to me. All good.

{.bLanK} GoD
12-17-2006, 08:29 PM
^^^^ looks like antistatic foam mat to me. All good.

I hope so :stick:

runmc
12-19-2006, 03:05 AM
You dont have that controller laying on carpet do you?

It's armaflex insulation foam. ;)

Got any suggestions on an adapator for the 2.0 Ssilencer?

Ratax
12-20-2006, 12:26 AM
I think that, at least, you guys could tell something to users (like me) that have paid for cascade G-Froster almost half a year ago...

I don't have my money, don't have the cascade g-froster and don't have any word from you... it's not the way it should work, as someone told.

Entsafter
12-22-2006, 12:45 PM
I've another question:
What sort of displays do you use and where can I get them? I need 2 of them (only the displays)...

runmc
12-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Ssilencer - Golden

How about a suggestion on an adaptor for the XE2.0??? I'm at a dead end here and need some help. Suggestions Please!!

Ssilencer
12-27-2006, 02:59 PM
I think that, at least, you guys could tell something to users (like me) that have paid for cascade G-Froster almost half a year ago...

I don't have my money, don't have the cascade g-froster and don't have any word from you... it's not the way it should work, as someone told.

You are right

X3 ready:
http://img350.imageshack.us/img350/7332/x3cascadeuq7.jpg

This is going to Stonerhino tomorrow.

Cascade next week, same look.

Sorry for the delays.

Ssilencer - Golden

How about a suggestion on an adaptor for the XE2.0??? I'm at a dead end here and need some help. Suggestions Please!!

110/220 to 15V 2Amps

runmc
12-27-2006, 03:25 PM
thanks Mariano ;)

StoneRhino
01-07-2007, 06:46 PM
That looks great. I am so happy the end product looks that nice. Can't wait to have it installed in my new SS.

Gratz to u both!!!!

LittleDevil
01-07-2007, 07:42 PM
@Ssilencer, can you send me price list of all controlers (X3 too)?

Regards

godmod
01-08-2007, 06:55 AM
@Ssilencer, can you send me price list of all controlers (X3 too)?

Regards
Oh yes, me too please!
tia

Entsafter
01-08-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm still waiting for a price quote for gfroster display's ...

@ LD and godmod: ask johann.. he's the europeen gfroster reseller.

StoneRhino
01-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Ssilencer were did you guys go. I hope you are not kidnapped or something lol.

pazza316
01-09-2007, 07:36 AM
I believe Golden is off line at the moment problems with his ISP I think. That may explain the slow response.

Moc
01-09-2007, 09:12 AM
@ LD and godmod: ask johann.. he's the europeen gfroster reseller.
I asked Johann and he said I should ask directly Ssilencer... i'm also interested in a price list!

Blaster
01-09-2007, 10:53 AM
i think you guys should be aware that the gfrosters are not working 100% for most ppl

StoneRhino
01-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Has anyone heard from either Golden or Silencer in the last two weeks. They have not been on MSN or active in the forums? Not able to reach them via e-mail either?

johann
01-11-2007, 02:40 AM
Just to let everyone know that I am no longer distributing G-frosters in Europe and the UK. I may be moving soon and cannot take any more orders.

Please contact Ssilencer directly.

As far as I know the only outstanding order at the moment is the Cascade's. I have no idea when these will be finished. Please contact Ssilencer directly regarding delivery of the controllers.

schmusli
01-11-2007, 04:08 AM
Please contact Ssilencer directly.

As far as I know the only outstanding order at the moment is the Cascade's. I have no idea when these will be finished. Please contact Ssilencer directly regarding delivery of the controllers.

contact Ssilencer? If it does not answer about two weeks its customers.

StoneRhino
01-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Can you guys please let us know whats going on. Something is wrong. Silencer you are always on msn. Always and all of a sudden I got a e-mail from golden telling me he was fixing some drivers and postponed the trip to your house and now you have disapeared. Haven't seen you on msn since. I see that my unit is done looks awsome maybe it's in the mail. I don't know pls contact me.

Duh
01-13-2007, 12:49 PM
@ssilencer: you seem to never stop with development :toast:

kayl
01-26-2007, 09:06 PM
how are the cascade controllers going guys?
will they look the same as this one?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1927485&postcount=41

Ssilencer
01-27-2007, 03:51 AM
Yes, looks the same.
Cascade controllers are ready.

johann
01-27-2007, 05:56 AM
I have 2 cascade controllers on this order. I wont be using them soon so if anybody is interrested in them PM me.

Ssilencer
02-11-2007, 11:30 AM
All orders sent, we are up to date
Also in contact with johann getting things ready to ship the cascade controllers we owe.

UPDATED FIRST POST OF THE THREAD WITH NEW INFO/PICS.

Philly_Boy
02-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Yes, looks the same.
Cascade controllers are ready.
Please pm me with cascade controller pricing. I am finally getting my Chilly1 cascade in two weeks and want to include a controller in it!

Ssilencer
02-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Please pm me with cascade controller pricing. I am finally getting my Chilly1 cascade in two weeks and want to include a controller in it!

PM sent Philly_Boy

Ssilencer
02-15-2007, 08:06 AM
New software for the Xe 2.0 and X3 controllers, allows to add MULTIPLE CUSTOM TEXT ON DISPLAY, ROTATE THEM AND BEEN LOADED ON THE CONTROLLER, so, no need to be always conected to the software, once load it will keeps showing ON SCREEN, also, new is the interface of the control pannel for windows.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1766/softxe2x3mp3.jpg
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/3416/screentexteditorek3.jpg
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/7216/displayat5.png

It works this way:
At the time the computer starts, you can see the default screen, a custom one, or a VARIABLE SECUENCE OF CUSTOM SCREENS ON THE DISPLAY, that will be rotating in a certain time.
In the custom screens texts, temperature can be included, speed of fan, delays, etc.

Raja@ASUS
02-15-2007, 10:13 AM
ssilencer can you send me that file for the latest software??

regards
Raja

Ssilencer
02-15-2007, 10:43 AM
ssilencer can you send me that file for the latest software??

regards
Raja

This version is for the XE 2.0 and the X3, I will ask Golden when will be released the new control pannel for the XE 1.6.

Regards

billdavis
02-19-2007, 09:49 AM
I have a XE 1.6 and no com port or serial for the abit in9 mobo

how can i hook up the unit to my computer???

Thanks, Bill
________
Yamaha yzf-r6 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_YZF-R6)

Duh
02-19-2007, 12:00 PM
IIRC: usb adapter works just fine :)

LittleDevil
02-19-2007, 12:04 PM
I have a XE 1.6 and no com port or serial for the abit in9 mobo

how can i hook up the unit to my computer???

Thanks, Bill

I think you have only one option, you need to buy PCI COM port card which cost about 10 - 15$.

regards

Gray Mole
02-19-2007, 12:33 PM
I think you have only one option, you need to buy PCI COM port card which cost about 10 - 15$.

regards

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-to-RS232-Serial-9Pin-Cable-Adapter-PC-PDA-GPS-A30_W0QQitemZ170080862126QQihZ007QQcategoryZ41995Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm going to order one of these, to test and see if it works ok.

You'd still need to make an adapter, or to manually rewire the plug fitting to the usb lead supplied.

I've been thinking about them for a while, as they seem ideal.

Could Golden comment on them, if they would work for those wanting a cheap usb solution?

Cheers

Gray

Sneil
02-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Just got my cascade and Xe controller in the mail today! Thanks Ssilencer, love the chrome caseing around the cascade controller:cool: I'll hook up the Xe today and let you know if she's working this time around lol Thanks:toast:

Gray Mole
02-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Just got my cascade and Xe controller in the mail today! Thanks Ssilencer, love the chrome caseing around the cascade controller:cool: I'll hook up the Xe today and let you know if she's working this time around lol Thanks:toast:

Yay!

I've been checking out your thread over there, and your cascade looks very good Sneil.

I've got a cascade controller coming too, and I can't wait to set it up.

Really good to see they're getting sent out now :) let us all know how it works for you :toast:

Cheers

Gray

Sneil
02-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks Grey:), I'll start a thread here too once she's finished. I decided to keep the build an eocf exclusive seeing as you guys always got enough going on here;)

I'll be sure to post in here how the controller works out once i get it installed in the cascade. Thanks again Ssilencer and Golden!

Neil

billdavis
02-19-2007, 04:14 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-to-RS232-Serial-9Pin-Cable-Adapter-PC-PDA-GPS-A30_W0QQitemZ170080862126QQihZ007QQcategoryZ41995Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You'd still need to make an adapter, or to manually rewire the plug fitting to the usb lead supplied.

Could Golden comment on them, if they would work for those wanting a cheap usb solution?

Cheers

Gray

i bought this

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&kw=BEPDAUA&is=REG&Q=&O=productlist&sku=307810

it dosent work here!!
________
Marijuana Medical (http://medicalmarijuana.us/)

Sneil
02-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey Ssilencer clean out your pm box so I can send you a message!:p:

Ssilencer
02-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Inbox clean now
Thanks Sneil! I'm happy you liked it, I know it is really a basic box, but I did it with all my love :D
Golden told me that serial to USB adapters will work fine with the new XE 2.0 and X3 or cascade cause the way they communicates to the computer, he is also always willing to advice in any usb to serial that can be compatible with the xe 1.6 and value controllers, no problem.

chilly1
02-22-2007, 12:05 AM
This version is for the XE 2.0 and the X3, I will ask Golden when will be released the new control pannel for the XE 1.6.

Regards
I Just got a controller from RunMC I need software and a gide for it>??
Also I need shipping info I got 18 controllers to ship back for repair... I tried everything I can do to get them to work properly, I still get the scrambled displays... Maybe a ground plane n the board??? Email me as soon as you can I need 14 controllers for outstanding orders...

LittleDevil
02-22-2007, 12:15 AM
I can send you guide and software, just give me your email adress?

regards

chilly1
02-22-2007, 01:26 AM
I can send you guide and software, just give me your email adress?

regards
chilly1@xtremesystems.org

Ssilencer
02-22-2007, 07:50 PM
I Just got a controller from RunMC I need software and a gide for it>??
Also I need shipping info I got 18 controllers to ship back for repair... I tried everything I can do to get them to work properly, I still get the scrambled displays... Maybe a ground plane n the board??? Email me as soon as you can I need 14 controllers for outstanding orders...

I think we got an aggreement over a month ago about this.
Send me a msg by msn if you want shipping info etc.

Originally Posted by Gray Mole
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-to-RS232-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers

Gray

Golden told me this adapter will work.

http://www.byterunner.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=byterunner&product_name=USB-COM

kayl
02-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Inbox clean now
Thanks Sneil! I'm happy you liked it, I know it is really a basic box, but I did it with all my love :D
Golden told me that serial to USB adapters will work fine with the new XE 2.0 and X3 or cascade cause the way they communicates to the computer, he is also always willing to advice in any usb to serial that can be compatible with the xe 1.6 and value controllers, no problem.

Golden told me that serial to USB adapters will work fine with the new XE 2.0 and X3 or cascade cause the way they communicates to the computer

so the cascade controllers do talk to the pc?
Can we have an update on the exact specs of the cascade controller ;)
Do they start the PC AND shut it down like with the other controllers?

BlueAqua
02-28-2007, 05:23 PM
During my Chilly1 SS overhaul I decided that I want to use my SS as a bench unit. I have the G-Froster Value(probably one of the original ones) and I was wondering if there was a feasible way to use it without hooking it up the the motherboard. I want a stand alone unit that I control and run but I like the temperature readout and I don't want to gimp it if I decide to go back to the original state.

I was looking at my board trying to think of a way to do it. Some pics quick:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/BlueAqua/IMG_0566.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/BlueAqua/gfvalueinstalation6xt5su.jpg

I have installed a typical Lian Li power switch in the front of my SS case and have it connected to the power switch connector on the G-Froster.

I figured that the only thing I'd really need to do it get 5V to the 5V monitor to trick it into thinking the computer is running. So I was thinking some kind of voltage regulator tapping off one of the power sources inside already.

Now to get it to shut off I would need to break contact in that 5V line somehow I think. Maybe install a little reset type switch in there.

Any thought on how I should execute this? I appreciate your input.

Ssilencer
03-03-2007, 05:52 AM
During my Chilly1 SS overhaul I decided that I want to use my SS as a bench unit. I have the G-Froster Value(probably one of the original ones) and I was wondering if there was a feasible way to use it without hooking it up the the motherboard. I want a stand alone unit that I control and run but I like the temperature readout and I don't want to gimp it if I decide to go back to the original state.

I was looking at my board trying to think of a way to do it. Some pics quick:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/BlueAqua/IMG_0566.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/BlueAqua/gfvalueinstalation6xt5su.jpg

I have installed a typical Lian Li power switch in the front of my SS case and have it connected to the power switch connector on the G-Froster.

I figured that the only thing I'd really need to do it get 5V to the 5V monitor to trick it into thinking the computer is running. So I was thinking some kind of voltage regulator tapping off one of the power sources inside already.

Now to get it to shut off I would need to break contact in that 5V line somehow I think. Maybe install a little reset type switch in there.

Any thought on how I should execute this? I appreciate your input.

You are right, you have to cheat the controller so it will think that it got 5v from your computer, you can use a battery and a little switch to do this.

@Kayl, we don't have to update the cascade info, cascade controller controls the cascade unit, not the pc, a cascade is not meant to be running 24/7, but it has link to the pc so you can update the software, as I'd posted, there will be extra modules for even more fucntions on the cascade and on the X3, they have a daughter board expansion port.
But I don't know when or if it will be the first expansion daughter board we will release.

kayl
03-03-2007, 06:03 AM
k, be nice if the cascade controller worked the same way as the other controllers did though.
DO any other ppl need cascade controllers with these functions, just i need a controller like these and maybe one or two others as well can get this started.

Gray Mole
03-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks for that Mariano :)

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing my controllers come now too, it'll be like Xmas all over again :toast:

I've now ordered one since you've confirmed what I suspected and as soon as I get it tested I'll post here that it works. Basically it would mean USB support for your controllers in a very inexpensive way and I'm all for that!

Kayl, I'm not sure why you'd want to have pc control as part of a cascade, I mean generally when you're running a cascade it's best to be able to boot and shut down as you want isn't it?

A 24/7 cascade wouldn't be that impossible to make but I still would never want to leave one running unattended on my system, for a wide variety of reasons.

Custom firmware may be able to add that to the cascades, or a daughter board, but I'd rather get mine sooner rather than later and both of those options do take time.

'could' be handy, but I wouldn't want to have all of the safeties in there as well because those who don't want an integral cooling solution from a cascade would still have to 'trick' the controller with 5v and all that, too much of a pain really.

Gray

Ssilencer
03-04-2007, 09:22 PM

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing my controllers come now too, it'll be like Xmas all over again :toast:

I've now ordered one since you've confirmed what I suspected and as soon as I get it tested I'll post here that it works. Basically it would mean USB support for your controllers in a very inexpensive way and I'm all for that!

Kayl, I'm not sure why you'd want to have pc control as part of a cascade, I mean generally when you're running a cascade it's best to be able to boot and shut down as you want isn't it?

A 24/7 cascade wouldn't be that impossible to make but I still would never want to leave one running unattended on my system, for a wide variety of reasons.

Custom firmware may be able to add that to the cascades, or a daughter board, but I'd rather get mine sooner rather than later and both of those options do take time.

'could' be handy, but I wouldn't want to have all of the safeties in there as well because those who don't want an integral cooling solution from a cascade would still have to 'trick' the controller with 5v and all that, too much of a pain really.

Gray

It is not just a matter of firmware, but also software and hardware, so I think an expansion daughter board is the best way to go, to avoid adding more costs to the 95% of the people that don't need pc control on a cascade.

kayl
03-05-2007, 06:29 AM

Gray

HPCO will do the safety features. All i need is the same basic software thats used in all the other gfrosters models, nothing that special.
I need the cascade controller to start the second stage at X temp, the boot the PC at X temps and shut it down if it reaches X temp. Then in windows have the gfroster software to be able to read out the CPU evaporator temp (like with current gfroster software) . The temp readout in windows is great for benching and doing screen dumps. Pll with cascades posting bench sessions would like to show off their temps when displaying their OC and score at the same time.

Most ppl i know like to press the pc start button and it runs the lot. Oil sep with a float and there isnt much else i need to monitor electronically.

thanxs sscilencer i look forward to this add on daughter board so i can finish my next cascade. Any other cascade builders out their with some suggestions or point of views?

johann
03-20-2007, 04:09 AM
I want to make one thing clear to everyone waiting on cascade controllers:

In February 2006 myself and 3 other people ordered 6 Cascade gfrosters.

These are the XS users:

Thickbritt x 2
Gray Mole x 1
Ratax x 1
Johann x 2

Some money was sent to me and then transferred to Ssilencer, some was sent directly to Ssilencer.

All 6 controllers are FULLY paid to Ssilencer.

Ssilencer
03-26-2007, 03:48 PM
I want to make one thing clear to everyone waiting on cascade controllers:

In February 2006 myself and 3 other people ordered 6 Cascade gfrosters.

These are the XS users:

Thickbritt x 2
Gray Mole x 1
Ratax x 1
Johann x 2

Some money was sent to me and then transferred to Ssilencer, some was sent directly to Ssilencer.

All 6 controllers are FULLY paid to Ssilencer.

Right, only thing I have to get from you is the shipping money, as I told you last year to keep it there until I have the controllers ready.

Gray mole cascades (2) and Ratax cascade are leaving tomorrow, will be in uk next week.
Thickbrit and Johann cascades (I always thought they was for boardy) will be heading UK next week.

Gray mole was kind enough to collect them there.

Ssilencer
04-15-2007, 08:27 AM
New control pannel and firm update available for the X3 and XE 2.0 controllers

*Updated look of the control panel.

*Added custom text in screen routines:
1_You now have 5 different custom text screens to show whatever you want on them.
2_Every screen has its own delay setting, letting you show each of them for different periods on screen.
3_You can mix with your custom text any of the 3/5 (XE 2.0/X3) temps the controller shows.
4_You can choose to individually enable/disable any of the 5 custom text screens at anytime.

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST CONTROL PANNEL AND FIRM FROM HERE (http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1163912/GFCP107Xe20.rar)

HoriWanderFuLL
05-02-2007, 09:29 PM
will these work with a Vapochill Xe2??

As i am not having much luck with My Chill control nor my brand new Lcd display...they both need a Hammer taken to them !!!

Has Kayl got these in stock in Australia ???
Thanks Hori

kayl
05-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Hori i dont keep stock, just order as needed.
There is a pdf to show you how to install them though at the start of t his thread which has other information on the controllers as well.
I also have a way to hook up a controller without changing any wiring on current system as well. You would then start the Vapochill Xe2 normally and start the gfrsoster separately and just use the temp readout feature instead if didnt want to cut any of vapochill Xe2 wiring.

Ssilencer
05-07-2007, 08:36 AM
A little video of the custom screens new feature:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe6KiwO59ps

Vapor matt
06-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Just orderd me the XE 2.0 controller from SSilencer to upgrade from the value controller!

Thanks SS 10 days till shipment is great! lot of hard work here doing these.

matt

PS also that vid looks cool, and could someone try the links for instalation and calibration as i have tried but adobe reports unable to read. would like to get a heads up before fitment ect.

Cheers!

Ratax
07-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Well, this is all very nice, but the thing is...

Where is my cascade controller that was promised more than one year ago???

I paid for it since then and now don't have the money neither the controller (that will never use it because I quit phase-change for a while)...

First because it was not ready in the time expected, then johann is no longer the intermediate, then ssilencer says gray mole has it for 2 months ago...

Well, I may be punished because this post, but I think it's enough to wait for it and it's enough for waiting for my money back (wich I claim half a year ago).

I's not the right or serious way keep someone elses money and then let it waiting for several months (more than a year now) without any update or apologies.

If you were not able to do it in time, you should let me know instead ignore me and spending my money...
And now that you say gray mole's have it, solve the problem right away, it's your problem, you just have to make it arrive to me...

I'm tired of PM's, most of them without reply...

Give me a controller, shipped inside EU as planned, or my money back...
Enough!

EDIT: I just saw there's some problem with Gray, reading other post, and, one more time, Ssilencer though that "silence" was the solution... just said Gray have it for some months, and didn't tell me nothing more...

I don't have anything against Gray, and hope it will get better as soon as possible.

runmc
07-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Well, this is all very nice, but the thing is...

Where is my cascade controller that was promised more than one year ago???

I paid for it since then and now don't have the money neither the controller (that will never use it because I quit phase-change for a while)...

First because it was not ready in the time expected, then johann is no longer the intermediate, then ssilencer says gray mole has it for 2 months ago...

Well, I may be punished because this post, but I think it's enough to wait for it and it's enough for waiting for my money back (wich I claim half a year ago).

I's not the right or serious way keep someone elses money and then let it waiting for several months (more than a year now) without any update or apologies.

If you were not able to do it in time, you should let me know instead ignore me and spending my money...
And now that you say gray mole's have it, solve the problem right away, it's your problem, you just have to make it arrive to me...

I'm tired of PM's, most of them without reply...

Give me a controller, shipped inside EU as planned, or my money back...
Enough!

EDIT: I just saw there's some problem with Gray, reading other post, and, one more time, Ssilencer though that "silence" was the solution... just said Gray have it for some months, and didn't tell me nothing more...

I don't have anything against Gray, and hope it will get better as soon as possible.

No flaming - no punishing. :)

Blaster
07-10-2007, 09:17 AM
ask for refund cause the crap controller will not work

... but good luck with the refund.... you will need it lol :rofl:

Ratax
07-10-2007, 10:36 AM
ask for refund cause the crap controller will not work

... but good luck with the refund.... you will need it lol :rofl:

This kind of guys should come to Oporto in a visit, don't you think m8? :D

When I went to ask for refund through paypal, it was too late...

I don't know how these kind of people still run their sells... well, I know how indeed... mine money helped...

HoriWanderFuLL
07-10-2007, 12:05 PM
i feel for your bad luck mate...pick yourself up and contact Gsmaster and grab a controller they work good..

at the end of the day it didnt cost u much money ..12 months ago ..

i would of gotton over it by now

runmc
07-10-2007, 03:29 PM

Maybe you'd like to buy some Ocean side property in Arazona :D

Ratax
07-10-2007, 11:15 PM

It's hard to me to earn my money.
I don't work 13 hours a day to give money away m8...

€165 could help pay my bills at the end of the month... for example.

Brettbeck
07-11-2007, 04:20 AM
IIRC the living costs in Spain are much less than half what it is here.

Blaster
07-11-2007, 05:42 AM

Spain?? :confused:

Ratax
07-11-2007, 06:35 AM

Hey man, this issue was solved few hundreads of years ago...
Since 5 October of 1143 that we are independent from Spain ;) ... or sort of... :rolleyes:

Brettbeck
07-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Spain?? :confused:

Hey man, this issue was solved few hundreads of years ago...
Since 5 October of 1143 that we are independent from Spain ;) ... or sort of... :rolleyes:

Yeah but i'm sure living costs in Portugal are similar to Spain, surely?

one_servant
07-11-2007, 08:09 AM
New forum topic (I'm in a joking mood today)... :am:

Project: We should conduct a study to ascertain the ideal country to build phase change units in (i.e. the least expensive). I’m sure there are a few people that would pick up and move if our data was hard enough!

:wierd:

Just kidding…I had to have fun with that after that last post.

Brettbeck
07-11-2007, 09:29 AM
New forum topic (I'm in a joking mood today)... :am:

Project: We should conduct a study to ascertain the ideal country to build phase change units in (i.e. the least expensive). I’m sure there are a few people that would pick up and move if our data was hard enough!

:wierd:

Just kidding…I had to have fun with that after that last post.

I know you're just kidding but did you read why we were talking about that?

Ratax said with €165 he could pay for a months worth of bills... some people don't understand how cheap that actually is :eek: .

Blaster
07-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Ratax said with €165 he could pay for a months worth of bills... some people don't understand how cheap that actually is :eek: .

I think Ratax is talking about electricity, water, gas only.

Brettbeck
07-11-2007, 09:45 AM

Still cheaper than here though :) . We are robbed for absolutely everything.

Ratax
07-11-2007, 10:47 AM

Yes m8, that's it.

Just for saying that for January and February paid almost €300 only for electricity, and last bill from March and April was €150...

Well, beside all this talk, what I meant was the money (my money, that is hard to earn) is not for giving away to some guy for nothing...

runmc
07-11-2007, 01:32 PM
I know you're just kidding but did you read why we were talking about that?

€165 could help pay my bills at the end of the month... for example.

He said it could help pay bills at the end of the month. :up: He said nothing about paying a months worth of bills. Maybe you should read it again. :yepp:

Moc
07-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Just give him back his money!! :D

Brettbeck
07-11-2007, 02:01 PM
He said it could help pay bills at the end of the month. :up: He said nothing about paying a months worth of bills. Maybe you should read it again. :yepp:

"Last edited by Ratax : Today at 02:37 PM." :rolleyes:

I'm sure it didn't say that before :rolleyes: .

Ratax
07-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Well, this is getting off-topic but interesting ;)

Here I just said what I have to say...

Will continue HERE (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151145) :up:

runmc
07-11-2007, 03:15 PM
"Last edited by Ratax : Today at 02:37 PM." :rolleyes:

I'm sure it didn't say that before :rolleyes: .

Sorry - I'm not sure either :shrug:

Raja@ASUS
07-11-2007, 08:45 PM
either way, the concept of value becomes irrelevant if the man wants his money back, he is entitled to ask for it, having to explain what that money means to him personally should not affect his rights.

The rest is down to homework before purchase, a chicken egg situation, as long as we don't brush these types of threads under the carpet, other users will have some meat to chew before making a purchase themselves..

regards
Raja

Ssilencer
07-11-2007, 11:18 PM
This guy asked to not to ship his cascade controller directly to him because he didn't want to pay for destination Custom taxes, he asked to send his controller to any part on Europe and then to him, I sent his controller about 2 and a half month ago to Gray Mole, so it is on Europe waiting...
I never received the shipping payment, not to Europe nor Portugal.
And about your invitation to Portugal, you can come to my country whenever you want, mine is a big country full of beautiful places to see and visit...

Ratax
07-12-2007, 05:35 AM
This guy asked to not to ship his cascade controller directly to him because he didn't want to pay for destination Custom taxes, he asked to send his controller to any part on Europe and then to him, I sent his controller about 2 and a half month ago to Gray Mole, so it is on Europe waiting...
I never received the shipping payment, not to Europe nor Portugal.
And about your invitation to Portugal, you can come to my country whenever you want, mine is a big country full of beautiful places to see and visit...

All the payement was done through Johann and you know that because you said we could do it this way...
Before payement, the deal was that you shipp it to Johann and then he shipp it to me.
Gray Mole didn't know that the controller was for me, and you didn't tell him also.
Anyway, 2 months ago it made more or less 13 months after my payement was done...

But well, I don't have nothing to say to you anymore... I've done it this last 14 or 15 months...
Have a good life!

runmc
07-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Maybe this is a simple error that can be worked out. Who has the controller now? Gray Mole or Johann?? No reason for Ratax to be out his money or a controller.

kamongear
07-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Maybe this is a simple error that can be worked out. Who has the controller now? Gray Mole or Johann?? No reason for Ratax to be out his money or a controller.

Gray Mole does and AFAIK hes been MIA.

Xeon th MG Pony
07-12-2007, 12:52 PM
And this is why 99.9% of on line sellers have a simple rule, they ONLY ship to a confirmed address and never do third party shipping, this eliminates the hassles of such incidents as this.

If one can not afford shipping directly one should not order it to start! All ways add the shiping into the price and then add 25% more for any BS boarder charges.

Brettbeck
07-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Couldn't a small controller package just be marked as "gift" to avoid import duties?

Duh
07-12-2007, 02:25 PM
ratax, not that I have anything to do in the controller matter, but if you didn t want to do things as they were meant to be I wouldnt be myself so "careta" ( as we say here) to go and blame ssilencer for something you asked him to do.
Above all, you try to be seen just as if you did not know where the package is right now. IIRC, this guy even provided a number to track it down.

I have nothing to do with ssilencer ( just like his products and the way he handles situations).

Don`t take it in a bad way but I had to say what I thought was the most ethical :)

Ratax
07-12-2007, 02:31 PM
And this is why 99.9% of on line sellers have a simple rule, they ONLY ship to a confirmed address and never do third party shipping, this eliminates the hassles of such incidents as this.

If one can not afford shipping directly one should not order it to start! All ways add the shiping into the price and then add 25% more for any BS boarder charges.

The problem was not the intermediate for the late transaction...

He only used an intermediate 12 months after I paid, and the late shippment was nothing to do with intermediates or direct shippings... don't you get it?

Now, the "intermediate" Gray Mole is doing more than he should do to cover bad seller faults...

The "intermediate" is more concerned than the seller...

Anyway, Gray will shipp the controller to me.
Over and out!

EDIT: OK, sorry all forum members, it seems i'm in the wrong side here...
Please send me your paypal accounts info so I can give money to you all... you don't need to send me nothing...
After all, after agree the conditions with a seller, I can't expect things go as agreeded, I understand...:clap:

Blaster
07-12-2007, 03:39 PM
ratax, not that I have anything to do in the controller matter, but if you didn t want to do things as they were meant to be I wouldnt be myself so "careta" ( as we say here) to go and blame ssilencer for something you asked him to do.
Above all, you try to be seen just as if you did not know where the package is right now. IIRC, this guy even provided a number to track it down.

I have nothing to do with ssilencer ( just like his products and the way he handles situations).

Don`t take it in a bad way but I had to say what I thought was the most ethical :)

CAN YOU READ??? HE PAID FOR SOMETHING THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO RECEIVE IN JULY 2006....
WE ARE IN JULY 2007 NOW

SORRY TO HAVE THIS IN CAPS BUT THIS IS ABSURD

Duh
07-12-2007, 07:54 PM
dude, I find your post inappropriate as I am talking to you in a nice and gentle way . My reason for posting in this forum is to talk nicely and read about good stuff made by some others and to share opinions, not to fight. If you want to we can discuss but politely :)

haven t you thought the following?:

what can the seller do after he shipped the customer? I mean, he provided tracking number and so on and has provided the nickname of the guy who has his stuff.

I do not get it.:confused:

If I am missing something dont hesitate to kick my butt:D

hiwa
07-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi everyone
Can someone help me about XE 1.2 on p5k deluxe
i tries Com1 on pcb and go to the bios ans try serial port1 but when i wanto to cannect with com1 got this error
Gfroster not detected
Thanks in advanced

Ssilencer
07-19-2007, 05:43 AM
Hi everyone
Can someone help me about XE 1.2 on p5k deluxe
i tries Com1 on pcb and go to the bios ans try serial port1 but when i wanto to cannect with com1 got this error
Gfroster not detected
Thanks in advanced

Possibly the pin out on the p5k is different than the one on your controller, I don't know why but any motherboard manufacturer uses different pin outs.
Check yours in the manual and modify the pin out on the froster serial adapter to match.

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/1999/serialpinoutsix8.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2757/serialadaptervp0.jpg

wdrzal
07-19-2007, 06:47 AM
IIRC the IDEA of a cascade controllor just came up around then.my memory on time may be off ,but design had to be done. They where a idea that had to be made into working schemetatics,then build schematics,parts resourced, boards made & assembled and tested. you did wait too long,but what stage was the controllor in when you made the initial payment/order?????

As I said I didn't follow controllors closely.

When you ordered yours,where they in existance YET?????? or wear you given a expected date based on a "perfect problem free test phase" I just would like to know that.

Ssilencer
07-19-2007, 08:48 AM
IIRC the IDEA of a cascade controllor just came up around then.my memory on time may be off ,but design had to be done. They where a idea that had to be made into working schemetatics,then build schematics,parts resourced, boards made & assembled and tested. you did wait too long,but what stage was the controllor in when you made the initial payment/order?????

As I said I didn't follow controllors closely.

When you ordered yours,where they in existance YET?????? or wear you given a expected date based on a "perfect problem free test phase" I just would like to know that.

It was said to the people involved that they would invest that money in the research and get a controller when done. WE had to change some of the components/pcb design and it took more time than expected.

Blaster
07-19-2007, 09:43 AM
stop lying

no one said anything about investing, ppl paid for controllers that were supposed to be ready in june 06, then every week there was something wrong till you stopped replying to msn, email, pms etc

actually in my case it was you that propposed the "upgraded" version of the controller cause the others didnt work

but this story is a year old, you are not worth my time

Cal
11-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Are these still being made?

Ratax
11-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Are these still being made?

Well, some are still to be delivered... like mine...
If you order one, pay right away and maybe you got one in 5 years or so, or not...
But don't bother, your money will be invested in "research"!!!

The_Beast
11-14-2007, 03:20 PM
nice controller :up:

Cal
11-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Ok think i said the wrong thing

Duh
11-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Well, some are still to be delivered... like mine...
If you order one, pay right away and maybe you got one in 5 years or so, or not...
But don't bother, your money will be invested in "research"!!!

doesnt gray have yours??why dont you talk with him?

jinu117
11-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I'd like to close this thread, if anyone has objection please say so.
About payment/shipment problem etc, i think I can link the post back to here for any referrer to older detail for people to keep track of.
I will leave it open for next 24 hours or so and just lock it up if I don't have major objection and create thread in builder relationship forum linking to this one.

teyber
11-14-2007, 07:33 PM
hey ssilencer, How bad is shipping for the value unit? Sorry for noob questions, but How hard is it to wire the compressor into the controller? What else is needed besides controller in terms of electrical?

Reed

gosmeyer
11-14-2007, 08:18 PM
I will leave it open for next 24 hours or so and just lock it up if I don't have major objection and create thread in builder relationship forum linking to this one.

Thank you!

HoriWanderFuLL
11-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Jinu i think if the guy has paid for somthing and has not recieved it yet it should read about..

he has purchased it from the forums in the way of everyone here posting what they have up for grabs.. not as though he got it from Ebay and flaming about a ebay purchase on Xs forums

The guy has a right to complain in my opinion even if the seller is well liked by many people.

just my thoughts

Hori

killermiller
11-15-2007, 11:15 AM
I don't think he is closing to because just Ratax is complaining. I read the most recent few pages and they are mostly complaints and seeing that this thread was idle for almost 4 months...obviously nothing is happening.

kayl
12-02-2007, 04:39 AM
I don't think he is closing to because just Ratax is complaining. I read the most recent few pages and they are mostly complaints and seeing that this thread was idle for almost 4 months...obviously nothing is happening.

i know im waiting on stuff :down:
NO pm replies either. 10days has turned into months.

Pitty about the cascade controller only controlling the cascade and not the PC, a thermostate and a few HPCO's can do that.

boshuter
12-02-2007, 07:00 AM
IMO no thread should ever be removed from this section. You can close it to further discussion, but removing it should not be an option. If XS starts removing threads from this section after the "problem" is cleared up, then the whole idea of the section is suspect.

XS had some good ideas with the new rules and starting this section..... but it seems that has been abandoned and all the advertising is even more rampant than before. Thread "dissapearing" from this section does not put a good light on the state of affairs.

jinu117
12-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Huh has there been thread disappearing from this section?

runmc
12-03-2007, 02:01 PM
IMO no thread should ever be removed from this section. You can close it to further discussion, but removing it should not be an option. If XS starts removing threads from this section after the "problem" is cleared up, then the whole idea of the section is suspect.

XS had some good ideas with the new rules and starting this section..... but it seems that has been abandoned and all the advertising is even more rampant than before. Thread "dissapearing" from this section does not put a good light on the state of affairs.

I have not removed any threads. If you name one for me I will put it back.

Who is advertising?? Please let us know. We are still dead set on keeping these rules enforced.

runmc
12-04-2007, 02:50 PM
i know im waiting on stuff :down:
NO pm replies either. 10days has turned into months.

I received some controllers today that Hernan had reworked for me. Ssilencer has been busy with some construction. Maybe you will receive yours soon.

I am anxious to give these a try.

Stocky
02-05-2008, 04:43 AM
Does anyone know where I can download the software for the G-Froster XE v1.2?

johann
02-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Does anyone know where I can download the software for the G-Froster XE v1.2?

Does anyone know what happned to my 2 cascade controllers. I have never seen them or seen the money. As far as I remember Gray was going to buy them but nothing has happened.

Johann

Stocky
02-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Does anyone know what happned to my 2 cascade controllers. I have never seen them or seen the money. As far as I remember Gray was going to buy them but nothing has happened.

Johann

Hey Johann, unfortunately I don't know where your cascade controllers might be :(

However, the SS unit that I need the Golden Froster software for happens to be one of your builds which I bought from Chris in Canvey Island. It's an amazing unit, and is holding my QX6850 very well under load :)

You wouldn't happen to know where I could get the v1.2xe software, or if you have a copy handy you could email to me?

Thanks again :)

johann
02-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Hey Johann, unfortunately I don't know where your cascade controllers might be :(

However, the SS unit that I need the Golden Froster software for happens to be one of your builds which I bought from Chris in Canvey Island. It's an amazing unit, and is holding my QX6850 very well under load :)

You wouldn't happen to know where I could get the v1.2xe software, or if you have a copy handy you could email to me?

Thanks again :)

What unit is that Stocky, will be good to know?

Im glad its working good after all this time.

Will look for the software, must be here somewhere..

Stocky
03-10-2008, 11:22 AM
What unit is that Stocky, will be good to know?

Sorry, I've been far to busy recently - Here's a pic of it, I didn't realise it was so dusty until the flash caught it! :rolleyes:

http://www.arcticx.com/forum/johann1.jpg

otisthecat
05-07-2008, 06:33 AM
how can i get hold of one of these and how much:)

Ratax
05-07-2008, 08:08 AM
how can i get hold of one of these and how much:)

Well, first thing to do is transfer the money to Ssilencer as soon as you can.
Then you'll have to wait a few years to receive it... if you receive it!

I'm waiting for about 2 years for the cascade controller that never arrived...

Last notice was on 19 August 2007, Gray (because the controller should be shipped to me by him) saying that the controller will be shipped in that week... never came and no reply from Gray to PM's... maybe a little delay on post office?

Well my friend, think twice before do this buy...

Regards!

Sneil
05-27-2008, 07:15 PM
I am in need of an installation manual for my Cascade controller. I bought it a long while ago and am now finally installing. Any help? are Ssilencer and Golden still around?

vservera
11-20-2008, 10:46 AM
nice display. very nice

teyber
11-21-2008, 09:31 PM
nice display. very nice

trying to get 100 posts? :rolleyes: :p:

Swinghammer
11-10-2009, 03:34 AM
My apologies for dredging up this old thread.

Was only by chance that I remembered about my Controller,
Getting old and forgetful . And don't like to air dirty laundry to the public.
But this may save others from similar problems.

In April 2006 I ordered and paid for a Phase Controller from Ssilencer, Everthing was looking great. I would have expected 8 weeks at most to ship to Australia
But maybe that was wishful thinking

But Now it is coming up past 3.5 yrs :shocked: and I still have not received anything from him. Refund or Controller

Maybe it will arrive new year

billdavis
11-10-2009, 11:33 PM
i think they fell off of the face of the earth.

Danny_75
12-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Does anyone have the control panal from the Gfroster 2? The links are dead.

Gray Mole
12-20-2010, 02:24 AM
http://cid-55e759245f8cb81b.office.live.com/browse.aspx/gfcp

Stuck it on the 'skydrive' though I suck at hosting so lemme know if that worked :rolleyes:

Take all 3 files, should be version 2.5 of the Gfroster control panel.

Just run the install file with all three in a folder, should load it up :)

Gray

Danny_75
12-20-2010, 07:47 AM
I have got it mate. Thanks for that.

Its prob me but doesnt see the Froster. It might be cos its only the 1.6ex

Gray Mole
12-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Saw your other post...

The Froster is a Serial system. Not usb :(

So you'll have to buy an adapter if you have no Com port on the motherboard. The USB to COM serial adapter. Be warned, it doesn't always work.

But at least it's an option, and they're pretty cheap, though buy a decent one and you have a chance of the thing working.

I think 2.5 worked with most of the froster's, but I can't remember. Wish they were still around making/repairing them :(

Hope that helps

Gray

Danny_75
12-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Saw your other post...

The Froster is a Serial system. Not usb :(

So you'll have to buy an adapter if you have no Com port on the motherboard. The USB to COM serial adapter. Be warned, it doesn't always work.

But at least it's an option, and they're pretty cheap, though buy a decent one and you have a chance of the thing working.

I think 2.5 worked with most of the froster's, but I can't remember. Wish they were still around making/repairing them :(

Hope that helps

Gray

It does mate. Thanks for all your help its apprectated.

Thanks again.