PDA

View Full Version : Which OCZ memory?

Judaeus Apella
01-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Ive decided to go with the Neo2 Platinum mobo and a 3500+ AMD 64. I've read the reviews and Im really set on getting OCZ memory. I really like that hardware based overclocking gadget they make! Whats the best possible memory available for overclocking, for that setup, and made by that company? What number do I use? Im not familiar with the AMD systems.... Most of my knowledge is mostly based on Intel systems. So I have a lot to learn.

jjcom
01-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Welcome to the AMD side :D

OCZ DDR400 EL PE Rev. 2 would proubly be the best or the OCZ VX RAM. the EL PE uses TCCD chips and the VX uses some type of chip that likes volts and behaves similar to CH-5. So VX is good if you need speeds on it up to around 250mhz and the EL PE is good if you need speeds up to around 280mhz (some can go higher, some lower). The VX would need a DDR booster or the motherboard would need to be modded so the RAM can get enough volts. The VX also runs a 2-2-2 latencies while the TCCD runs at looser timings. 2.5-3-3 at around 260mhz-270 I believe.

jjcom

andyOCZ
01-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Good answer jjcom. :)
The PC3200 Platinum Rev 2 or the 3200 Gold VX would be good choices. The VX does require up to 3.5v for overclocking at tight timings.