PDA

View Full Version : Shutdown Faq

Paxi
01-06-2005, 06:41 PM
so after some trying in cmd i figured it out how it works..
if you want to shut down thw pc immedeatly you have to make a shortcut to shutdown -s -t 0.. the -t 0 is standing for the time you want to shut down, for example -t 30 and your pc shuts down in 30sec, the same is shutdown -r -t 0 if you want to reset..
i also got some little "tweakings" if i can call them like that
if you are at a Lan party type in shutdown -i, now you can shutdown or reset every pc in the lan-network and you can also give an information why.. you can type in every reason you want :D.. if this happens to you and you have some time you can abort it by typing in shutdown -a.. but if its at 0 seconds theres no chance :D
i hope somebody is interested in this and maybe i could help somebody with this topic..
greets BLa$nA

Kazoo
01-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks Bla$nA, good to know!

enzoR
01-07-2005, 03:38 AM
lol sounds fun! :D

Disposibleteen
01-07-2005, 04:12 AM
will this work on any LAN??? (wireless)

Tube
01-07-2005, 08:56 AM
the remote shutdown looks cool, anybody tried to shutdown a win2k/2k3 rig? I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work.

Paxi
01-07-2005, 09:06 AM
jeah it should work @ every lan-network but maybe it doesnt work if the user to whom you want to do this to has got a firewall.. but just trie it it´s quite fun :D i´have done it already at a lan with some friends

Paxi
01-07-2005, 09:07 AM
but i only tested it at windows xp so far

Disposibleteen
01-07-2005, 09:46 AM
i should try it at shool (yea right) you have to be an admin to do it though...

enzoR
01-07-2005, 12:06 PM
well the PC (to be shutdown :D) has to allow all access to the network.

enzoR
01-07-2005, 02:07 PM
damn i cant get this to work. when i click browse it says "the directory service is currently unavailable" it cant even open "find computers". if i type the address of the pc manualy it says cannot be found but the address works in internet explorer.

Tube
01-07-2005, 06:36 PM
damn i cant get this to work. when i click browse it says "the directory service is currently unavailable" it cant even open "find computers". if i type the address of the pc manualy it says cannot be found but the address works in internet explorer.

dont use the address, use the hostname!
if you know the IP but not the hostname open up a command prompt and use "tracert <IP>" and it will tell you the hostname.

I just tried it but didn't work... can you only shutdown XP-comps that have remote support enabled?

Paxi
01-08-2005, 08:01 AM
dont use the address, use the hostname!
if you know the IP but not the hostname open up a command prompt and use "tracert <IP>" and it will tell you the hostname.

I just tried it but didn't work... can you only shutdown XP-comps that have remote support enabled?

i dont really know about this.. i tried it already on 2 lans with some friends all of them got win xp professionell and it worked.. but maybe it really only works if the remote shutdown is enabled

Tube
01-08-2005, 09:51 AM
gonna investigate that a little more once my network runs again... right now my router is dieing left and right. gonna post the results soon hopefully