PDA

View Full Version : Gigabytes Bios destroyed Pipes on x800se

Razzz
01-06-2005, 05:56 PM
I did try to modify my x800se with the scrape hardmodd, at the gpu. After I´ve done that I lanched ATI tool, but I´d still got only 8 pipes. I thought perhaps I have to flash it, I used several bios but still just 8 pipes. I decided my selves to use the Gigabyte version, that on wich is Pro>XT. The download comes with Bios, flash tool and so on. I´d flash it, lanched ATI tool, and saw that it only had 4 aktive pipes! I tryed to flash it back, used Sapphire (orginal bios) SE2,0ns/Pro2,0ns with ATI Pro2,0ns/Pro2,0ns/16 pipes/Pro1,6ns/XT1,6ns with Gigabytes Pro1,6ns/Pro2,0ns but still just 4 pipes.
Somebody know how to fix this?

Kunaak
01-06-2005, 06:54 PM
you have to find the command to wipe out the existing bios, so your not trying to force a old bios, over what the card considers it's new "default" bios.

I don't know the command for wiping out ATI bioses as it's been awhile since I used a ATI card, but thats how you fix a screwed up Nvidia flash, wipe out the bios, DO NOT REBOOT once the bios is wiped out, just flash the card normally, with your original back up bios.

then everything should be back to normal.

Minnyboy
01-16-2005, 04:57 AM
Linky (http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/100)

Look at the bottom of that page. There's instructions on how to flash your card there.

More importantly, there's instructions on how to save your card from that Gigabyte bios/flash utility as well.

There's some links on how/waht to do but here's a quick rundown of the procedure:

1.) Download either the modified "flashrom16" or AtiFlash" flash utility.

2.) Backup your original bios or if you didn't back it up, download both the same bios as your card (or similar) as well as one of the bioses that you'd want to try to flash your card with.

3.) Download the "empty.bin" bios.

4.) Make a bootable floppy (Dr.DOS is good). Place these files on that bootable: "empty.bin", X800SE.bin, X800Pro.bin. Also extract the flash utility to your bootable floppy.

5.) Reboot & make sure your rig is set to boot from floppy first. At the "A:\" prompt, enter these commands & hit enter/return after:
5a.) atiflash -f -p 0 empty.bin
5b.) DO NOT REBOOT!!!
5c.) atiflash -f -p 0 X800SE.bin

After the last command has run through it's course, it should give you a success signal or it'll be displayed across the screen. If you're not 100% sure, repeat the process but just be sure not to reboot your machine straight after the "empty.bin" process.

Your machine should either boot back to it's original state or the modified bios that you wanted.

That's what I had to do with one of my X800Pro VIVO's... Thing would not flash with the Gigabyte flash utility or if it did, it would get an unknown ASIC code that would render it useless... I couldn't install any drivers...

I took someone's advice & haven't looked back since.

BTW, you should start off by reflashing it to your backed up bios...

Hope This Helps,
Minnyboy