PDA

View Full Version : New Swiftech WaterBlock!! MCW5000

Logic-Pro
11-17-2002, 12:02 AM
Looking Great!
Hope it'll perform good.

Do you know anyone who's going to review it soon?

http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/images/products/MCW5000/mcw5000.jpg

The MCW5000™ water-block is an extreme duty liquid cooling solution for high-end microprocessors. It is designed to be used either in straight liquid cooling configuration, or in conjunction with a thermoelectric cooling element (Peltier module, specs to be published Dec 1st, 2002).

''outperforms all previously released Swiftech products, with up to 20% cooler processor temperature! ''

Mime
11-17-2002, 12:18 AM
Unfair...I want one already, :slobber:

I'm using their MCW462-U at the moment, the new block would be a nice addition to my next upgrade....which I don't have the money for....BAH! details, details. :D

Entuscan
11-17-2002, 12:43 AM
A 226watt pelt with that should give some great results then

X-cessive!
11-17-2002, 05:13 AM
i'm always very sceptical about waterblocks, why should this one perform any better than a standard dangerden block? in theory a copper block would do better than an aluminum one. and yes it looks nice, but it looks like all other switech blocks :D ..Blue
i'd like to see comparison with some other blocks to see what diffrence this new block actually makes to its older ones.
In my opinion the Coolant and the Radiator setup are much more important than that stupid block :P
i've seen people make good performing watercoolers out of this:
http://www.dutec.nl/producten/41220113.jpg
yes these things are used for connecting watercranes to the wall.

ofcourse there is an optimal bottom thickness, and you can put in channels for added heat absorbtion. but we already know that.

N8
11-17-2002, 02:55 PM
Looks sharp...and uses the clips. I'd love to hear how it performs. *cough* MrIcee *cough* :)

SupaMan
11-17-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by [N8]
Looks sharp...and uses the clips. I'd love to hear how it performs. *cough* MrIcee *cough* :)

clips are good? i've always preferred bolts. Rather trust my CPU to steel than molded plastic.

MrIcee
11-17-2002, 02:58 PM
LOL N8 :D

Randi:D

N8
11-17-2002, 03:04 PM
SupaMan,

Clips are good when AMD mobo mfr's start taking away the holes :)

Mime
11-17-2002, 03:26 PM
Ack, they're getting rid of the holes?

AKRedneck
11-17-2002, 03:47 PM
It outta be pretty awesome when you look at the new copper baseplate. All that surface area on the baseplate outta be the key for transferring heat to the water.. Swiftech say's 20% lower temps with this new design..?.can't wait to see an xtreme review :banana:

http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/images/products/MCW5000/MCW5000_diamondmatrix.jpg

Guess I'll never experience it with a prometia on the way..bummer :D

NyCUndaGrounD
11-17-2002, 04:32 PM
yeah it looks like a mini heatsink with water-cooling it. And guys if u noticed it looks so goddam hot. Its a good thing they changed the color of it. It has a metallic blue look awhich looks really good. too bad i switched to prometeia.

N8
11-17-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Mime
Ack, they're getting rid of the holes?

It appears as if Abit has already gotten rid of them on their NF2 solution...we'll have to see if other mfr's will follow suit in the future. :)

Cathar
11-17-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by [N8]
It appears as if Abit has already gotten rid of them on their NF2 solution...we'll have to see if other mfr's will follow suit in the future. :)

No they haven't.

Only the pre-release board (pictured at their web-site) does not have the holes.

The release version of their board will have. This has been confirmed by a sales engineer at Abit.

Swiftech claim 20% better performance. Better than what specifically?

DaGooch
11-17-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Cathar
Swiftech claim 20% better performance. Better than what specifically?

Their site says than their previous products and I would imagine they mean the MCW462 series.

Cathar
11-17-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by DaGoochMeister
Their site says than their previous products and I would imagine they mean the MCW462 series.

Actually, the site says "up to 20%".

The obvious intent there is for you to use your imagination and think that is compared to a MCW462 with the way its worded, but that really isn't what the statement is saying at all.

Read it carefully. Read through the marketing speak.

JBELL
11-17-2002, 06:23 PM
I would love to get this and see how much better it is against my current qpower block.

subscience
11-17-2002, 06:23 PM
Wow! Looks like a beauty! But with a price tag of ~$60 (I presume), it's not gonna be cheap.

sub.

N8
11-18-2002, 06:37 AM
Cathar,

If I see a retail Abit NF2 board w/ the 4-holes...you're going to be the first one I contact...inquiring about payment for one of your blocks :)

It is one of the very few reasons that I don't already have one of your blocks ;)

goldie
11-18-2002, 07:03 PM
Cathar,
Just wanted to thank you for your pics way back when @ [s] concerning the Toyota heatcore. Picked one up at the bone yard, alittle sheet metal, a couple of fans and off I go. The only trouble was where to put the heatcore as its faily large.<G>
Just wanted to say thanks and hope you like it here.
goldie:toast: