PDA

View Full Version : Where to get LN2?

nbradley88
01-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Aight well ive got a question. I Dunno but ive heard that you can get LN2 from welding shops. I and i think i can cause my neighbors dad works for "Miller" its a welding company and i remember him saying he had to transport the stuff one time. You think since ive known him since i was a kid he could hook me up with some? :confused: cuz that would be sweet for some OCing :banana4:

TheTrebleKing
01-03-2005, 06:17 PM
it depends if he could actually get a "Dewar" flask, these are used for transporting LN2, to keep it in liquid form and are very expensive.

if you manage to get a nice sized Dewar, maybe 10litres you'd be in business, filling a dewar doesn't cost much at all.

nbradley88
01-07-2005, 07:46 PM
hmm lets see ... maybe they have dewar's there? or no cuz i know that they ship and transport the stuff so maybe he has something i can borrow or something? iono ill ask him and see what he says :)

Disposibleteen
01-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Dewar flasks arent that expensive, only about $100....

JSU
01-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Just use a thermos :)

nbradley88
01-16-2005, 05:18 PM
good idea with the themos, but ive heard that they crack after a certain amount of time? when would that be? and any suggestions for a specific type of themo?

nbradley88
01-16-2005, 05:21 PM
oh yeah my bad, but by the way i got my friend to make me a container... is 1 inch too thick for a base plate? Its aluminum sadly, cuz i havent found any copper around my area. (Raleigh NC US) but i hope to find some soon... worst comes to worst ill just use the big copper plates used with my air system i have right now. that would work but if i screw up gotta by new cooling, which wouldnt be too bad i need to go up from air anyways... probably water till i finish my chiller... :)

charlie
01-16-2005, 11:22 PM
oh yeah my bad, but by the way i got my friend to make me a container... is 1 inch too thick for a base plate? Its aluminum sadly, cuz i havent found any copper around my area. (Raleigh NC US) but i hope to find some soon... worst comes to worst ill just use the big copper plates used with my air system i have right now. that would work but if i screw up gotta by new cooling, which wouldnt be too bad i need to go up from air anyways... probably water till i finish my chiller... :)

onlinemetals.com is your friend.
Aluminum will work ok.... not great, but better than air or water cooling :D

nbradley88
01-17-2005, 07:45 PM
yeah point seen... im 16 sooo yeah online purchasing can be a pain... and my parents (mom) is always paranoid about buying junk online but w/e yeah ive gotta go raid some scrapyards for maybe a a/c unit or 2 and maybe i can find a metalshop around ... saw a steel works but yeah as the name implies they probably dont have copper... :rolleyes: