PDA

View Full Version : router question.

Scias
01-02-2005, 07:14 PM
hi, as u noticed im new, so i dunno if anyone will answer, but i hope someone knows, ok i got a router thats on the not workable list of x-box live list, but i dont got 100+$ right now to buy a new 1, and bought that starter kit already, so im curious BESIDES direct connecting, (as we have always 1 person on a computer at all times pretty much), if theirs any way i can fix my router to let me on x-box live still, TILL i get a better router. ANY help, opinion, etc would be very appreciated, as i have over 8 friends pissing me off, herassing to get on-line EVERYDAY >_<!! :D

Disposibleteen
01-02-2005, 09:16 PM
well you could get a wired router and run a line to your X-box that way, you can find very cheap routers on E-bay

Scias
01-05-2005, 02:51 PM
unfortunatly, i gotta it seems. as i got no money i cant get a router LOL. so i gotta wait a month, is the d-link type router any good for x-box? aka i know it's compatible, but how GOOD is it. :P

[XC] moddolicous
01-05-2005, 05:10 PM
you also might be able to buy a mod chip that allows you to use that router, but that might be a little tough.

unixxx
02-02-2005, 12:08 PM
You could add an extra NIC (Network Interface Card) to your computer and turn on ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows. This might only work on XP Professional, but even if you had to upgrade from Home to Pro to get ICS it would still be cheaper than buying a new router. I've used ICS a few times before and haven't noticed any performance hits to the PC, however, it's probably not extremely secure. Hopefully you can get online soon :)

Karnivore
02-02-2005, 01:28 PM
you also might be able to buy a mod chip that allows you to use that router, but that might be a little tough.

Lets not even go near the "mod chip" thing...

sllywhtboy
02-02-2005, 01:35 PM
get a cheapie router. enable UPnP on it. that'll let your xbox work fine.