PDA

View Full Version : watercooling for a beginner

[ZACK]Hunter
11-16-2002, 01:10 PM
Hi!
I'm new to these forums, but very interested in watercooling my system. at the moment i use an XP2200+ and an Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4400. I got really tired of my loud Delta-Fan and just seek to get a good and QUIET watercooling solution.
So there are some decisions to be made and I'd really like to hear your opinion bout em:

1.) Waterblock:
-Watercool Heatkiller Rev 1.6
-Cooling Solutions K4.1
-Innovatec InnovaCool 3.0

2.) Graca and NB:
-Watercool Set
-Innovatec Set

3.) Pump:
-Eheim 1048
-Eheim 1250

4.) Radiator:
-Watercool Heattransformer Flat 2 Dual
-BlackIce Pro II

5.) Reservoir:
Selfmade

I would be really pleased if u could recommend a product or even better inform me of advantages and disadvantages of the named products (or maybe others, too, if these are to bad, but these would be easy to acquire for me in Germany)
If u have good plans to build own waterblocks, i would like to hear em to, cause i have access to nc-machines and copper-blocks shouldn't be that hard to acquire, too :)
Another question I thought of, is using a TEC between two water circles, while one cools the components and the other circle is quickly taking the heat and is cooled by the radiator.

Just my stupid thoughts, maybe u can help me. would be really appreciated.
best regards and thanks ahead,
ZACK

Torinalth
11-21-2002, 06:22 AM
not sure if you are already done with your decisaions, but I just noticed this thread.

WB - silverprop, swiftech MCW5000, or maybe white water (see other thread) if you can get one made for you.

Graphics - Swiftech MCW50

NB - Danger Den Z-chip

Radiator - lytron radiator or heater core from a chevette

pump - mag drive 600 GPH pump.

one thing you can do is get a lytron cooling box that has a pump, res, and radiator in it already.... check it on ebay... nifty thing.... I'm going to get one to start out with and then upgrade the size of the radiator and then the res size, then pump volume.... but that will be a bit later.... when i get cash

Torinalth

Tweaked!
11-21-2002, 07:46 AM
[ZACK]Hunter,

Welcome to Xtreme!:D

Definitely consider the Swiftech, I hear it's a decent performer.