PDA

View Full Version : Ic7 Bios 27

domwells
01-01-2005, 04:32 AM
Hi,

I'm using the latest BIOS on my IC7 with a Prescott 3.0E D0 stepping.
The problem is that using my Spark 7+ cooler which kept my 2.8C M0 nice and cool on my last motherboard(intels own 865) my new board reads 46'C idle and over 60'C load (which sounds alarms).

I have read about the ABIT IC7 over estimating the CPU Temp by as much as 10'C because of the way it calculates it. Is this still the case with the latest BIOS and if so what do you suggest I can do about it? (I have tried re-seating the CPU).

I have the fan set at 4Krpm although at 6.5Krpm it only saves me 3'C ish!!

Cheers

Lvcoyote
01-01-2005, 08:51 AM
It appears that your using a Prescott CPU?? If thats the case then they actually do run a bit warmer. On my P4 rig I have a 3.0c CPU and an alpha heatsink assy, and I idle around 44c and load about 52c, so not much different than yours. I think your right about the BIOS reading the temps a bit high, so I wouldnt worry about that part too much. As far as the alarms, raise the value up so it doesnt alarm at 60c, you can do that in the BIOS settings.

Lvcoyote

domwells
01-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Cheers for that, I have just upped the alarm temp to 70'C and the shutdown to 80'c ish.

Lvcoyote
01-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Cool, you should be good to go for now, hopefully a future BIOS release will get the readings to more closely reflect the "Actual" temps.

Lvcoyote