PDA

View Full Version : Kyle admits being seen coming...

Galifrey
11-16-2002, 03:57 AM
Honesty & Integrity:
If you think [H]ardOCP has been not been founded on honesty and integrity over the last five years, then you might as well stop reading now, as what I have to say will not pertain to you. We are an enthusiast site that existed before we were called "enthusiasts". We have watched the community grow and we have grown with it. Our readers are our peers and our number one concern, and never think any different.

There is a situation that we need to discuss that has been brewing since we posted the Intel 3GHz review on the 13th at 9pm CST. After two days of talking and listening to our readers and our peers that we have full trust in, it is evident that we have done something that is inexcusable.

After researching this fully for two days, I have been able to pull together 100% factual evidence that a single set of benchmarks in the 3GHz article were changed after publication of the article. The 3DMark benchmark was changed from "17829" to "17329". The fact of the matter is that we did not note this change. It is standard operating procedure that anytime a portion of an article is changed, outside spelling and grammar, it is noted and explained as to why the change was made. This was not done.

As I am Editor-in-Chief of HardOCP.com this is 100% fully my responsibility to make sure issues such as these do not occur. The change in the benchmark without notation is fully my responsibility and I did not fulfill my responsibility to you. For that I apologize.

Our detractors have been posting stories that have reached from one end of the spectrum to the other every since they smelled blood in the water. I assure you that we do not post lies, and we have never intentionally posted numbers or benchmarks that we have known to be wrong. Doing that is simply not in our character. We do not accept bribes and we do not play favorites. While this site has become my livelihood, it is never viewed as "for profit" business. Our first and foremost objective is to supply solid information to our readers. At this point, if you question our competency, I can understand as we have given you a reason for doing so. Please do not let this be a mark against our integrity and honesty.

I assure you that this will not happen again.

Kyle Bennett
Editor-in-Chief [H]ardOCP.com

X-cessive!
11-16-2002, 04:02 AM
oooh I didn't do it, ooh it was an accident, ooh how could we have missed this. [h] acting all innocent like they don't know how it happened. trying to talk themselves out of it because somebody found out and started a riot.

blegh!

Galifrey
11-16-2002, 04:06 AM
lol, they have disabled registration on the forums now as well...

LMFAO.... twats...

MadDogMe
11-16-2002, 04:44 AM
I 'stopped reading now'! :p ...

antipop
11-16-2002, 05:42 AM
After researching this fully for two days, I have been able to pull together 100% factual evidence that a single set of benchmarks in the 3GHz article were changed after publication of the article. The 3DMark benchmark was changed from "17829" to "17329". The fact of the matter is that we did not note this change

He had to look for two days to come up with this fact and a didn't note that change, is he the webmaster or not??? Or is he just slow-reacting

antipop
11-16-2002, 05:53 AM
And BTW i was just thinking what is he gonna do about all the member that he has banned because they were saying the thruth?

Bravo
11-16-2002, 05:54 AM
Amazing he'd call JC a liar then post this. I wonder if JC is unbanned, and whether or not he has an apology coming.

JCviggen
11-16-2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Sinnah
Amazing he'd call JC a liar then post this. I wonder if JC is unbanned, and whether or not he has an apology coming.

Nope, I'm banned as banned can be :p

Although I think it was probably not done on purpase, the chart remains unfair/cheated with an overclocked radeon...

antipop
11-16-2002, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by JCviggen
Although I think it was probably not done on purpase, the chart remains unfair/cheated with an overclocked radeon...
That's one fact that the people has overlooked

Swoosher
11-16-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Galifrey
Honesty & Integrity...

This is pathetic. First he screws it all up and then he tries to say it was an accident. BS! He knew what he was doing when he got the proc. He knew what he was doing when he posted the false graph. And he knows what he is doing when he bans tons of accounts. This is for u Kyle Bennett

:frag:

"I swear officer, the gun went off by a mistake. I was just dusting the trigger with one finger!"

(And this was _NOT_ a threath against Kyle)

digitalwanderer
11-16-2002, 02:05 PM
That seems the whole "cover-up" bit too me, and the issue Kyle is either ignorant of (which seems sort of impossible) or is in total denial about it.

It needs addressing if they're going to ever regain their credibility, IMHO.

Galifrey
11-16-2002, 02:14 PM
THG 2 the return of the sellouts :D